CLOSED: PT 2 APRIL BULB SWAP SHOW OR TELL :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm to all ,,there has been some realy Nice boxes That have arrived & we have a few More to go yet :) if i have missed someone please let me know .
the weather has been crazy everywhere & I think I had the 26 th as last day to send out but i will move it to the 28th. to get mailed out . Thats only because I Like to close the month with everyone getting their boxes so I Can start the Next Month Swap . & Not have to keep track of 2-3 swaps at one time . My memory is getting to old to do that any more , so PLEASE do your Best to get your partners box out to them by the deadline.

BADCAT /AMANDA-------
NANNY23 / --------
MUD_ELF/ KRIS------
CZIMMERMAN00----
FLWRSNFLYRS1 / KIMBERLY----
DEEJAY9----- END Of April

I'm Going to Start a sign up for MAY Swap this weekend . I sure hope our weather warms up , so we can all have some great swaps :))) this season .
well off to feed critters ya all have a great day back later

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Susie I got my box :)

ty Amanda I should have checked my list :) gottcha :)

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Froggie I hope those were the right ones, and I have never ordered from that company so please give us your honest opinion, on my part they were fast and easy to order from but that is not what is important...rofl...what is important is that the bulbs are good.

You have another small box coming but our weather has been so cold. Hopefully will get it mailed out Monday.

Enjoy.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

Here are some of the plants I received in my box from Nanny23! The largest pot in the group pic is the dwarf golden iris, and in the first pic I took a close up of what I think is a new bloom on it!!! The liatris spicata (center left in second photo) had only green tips at the soil line when I planted it about 5 days ago and is just growing like crazy. The others seem to have not minded their trip to Florida either. The thanksgiving and Christmas cacti aren't in the pic, but there was such a nice big bunch of each, they are looking great in some hanging pots. All of the plants are just so nice and healthy, I'm so happy with them all. :). I'm so excited to get the bulbs going this weekend! I'd love to do a comparison with yours Annette, once we both get them going.

Thumbnail by FLSunshineGal Thumbnail by FLSunshineGal
Ocean Springs, MS

Happgarden, bulbs are is great shape. Star of Bethlehem are good, healthy. Begonia are very nice, large, already sprouting, no mold! Packed very well. Getting them planted today!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

FLSG- They look great! I knew you would do well with them. All of those came from my own garden btw. The iris is getting ready to bloom, yay! I was afraid digging it up might disrupt the bloom cycle, but it looks like it will bloom as usual. Actually mine aren't blooming yet, But it is still cold here.
You should join the Baby Swap that is going on right now.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2014 10:10 AM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

SPGardens..just wanted to let you know my Brugs are looking great.. One is lagging behind the other since it lost so many of it's larger leaves but I'm sure it will recover just fine in a few weeks. Still not taken them outside yet, that won't be til mid to late May....but they are both under lights at the moment.....

Looks to me like some people outdid themselves again this year... Such wonderful goodies.....Just love all the fun!!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

You must have a fabulous garden, Nanny23, thanks so much for sharing a bit of it with me! I've got several types of walking iris, but have never grown a regular iris before, so I'm super excited to see that blooming already. I'm thinking after awhile, I'm going to need to put it out in the ground so it can spread out some. :). Thanks for the tip on the Baby Swap - I'll check it out!

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

WWWKathy - hapi de Brugs r graat. Me cant help speekin liik dis. Ya'll has gottn me n de sothern parts of de contry = ned sum grits n me belly n Baileys 2

ok my friends i need help to identify a few seeds
I Have 2 pks of seeds & they both say Datura I'm Looking for this Datura & want to know if anyone can tell me witch is witch :)
DAT 1 is Light brown Flat seed
DAT 2 is Dark Brown /Black thick

I want to plant datura Metal Alba & not sure these seeds would be this plant , maybe someone out there might have seeds for this plant so i know for sure , I have one spot I need to cover with these :) I'd also like a a DBL White if anyone has .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I grow 6 kinds of daturas, the seeds on the right are not the white double, the seed on the left looks more like one, if they are kinda triangular shaped. A datura inoxia like the photo on the right is a round flat shaped seed with a bit of oomph to it. the seeds on the right look like a 4 o clock seed to me. The lilac de fluer ( stramonium) seeds are smallish flat disc shaped, the datura .sp are flat shiny with a white spec on the end. I will show u pics of all the seeds I have. The doubles and triples are always a flat triangular shape, some yellowish and some tannish. . Hope this helps.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Debra put the booz down ands post sum pics ;)

That did help The ones on the left I think are the ones like the picture but there was no name as who put them in the robin so can't ask So here I'am , Used to have some years ago
But never collected any seeds . if you have any extra DBLs ,or triples I would be happy to trade for a few like 5 seeds each would be plenty I just found I have a Dbl Yellow or that is whats on the pack . Now do you plant yours right in the ground where you want them or plant them now inside ?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Susie
My datura looks like your pic and the seeds look more like #1 than #2. I have more than I can handle. Let me know if you want me to put seeds in the mail to you.

Sue G

ty sueg I plan to plant a few of these to see what they are
then i will know if they are what I want :)))) & Again ty for all the Zinnias :) I will be planting them also :)
I got to go see when our last frost date might be :) I want to plant so much this year :)

FLSG-I don't know how fabulous my garden is, but I sure have lots of plants, lol. Actually, I have several flower beds around the house and the garage.Some of my plants came from my grandmother and great aunt and my mom,over the years.
I would put the Iris in the ground if you want it to spread, and you will have some to share as well. They don't get very tall, so you can put them towards the front of your beds. I put mine on the front corner.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I agree with Sue G. ...... Those look like they might possibly be Datura metaloides, but then so does the bloom in Pix 2... Susie, if you still have your stash of seeds from me I'm sure I included them for you. Mine get to 30-36", eve. fragrant... My Daturas reseed themselves every year. Pix is a closeup...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ladies
I want to share my wonderful box I received from Sherie.The box was pack full of wonderful plants, bulbs and other great items.
One beautiful cards with a surprise inside of African violet seeds.
A beautiful green macramé plant hanger.
1 pack of plants labels.
1 bag of Picotte mix begonia-
2 Parrot lilies
2 of Hummingbird tango mint
Caladiums bag of each
Kathleen
Lance Whorton
Florida Sweetheart
2 shampoo ginger
1 canna Wyoming
bag of Peruvian daffodils.
2 crinums stars and strips.
How she ever got everything in the box was amazing. The plants arrived perfect.

Thank you so very much for your everything. I just love it all. I can't wait to get planting.
Thank you.
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318

Wow,, really cool box!!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I agree Kris, that s a nice box!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks ladies. Sherie sent a awesome box.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

you have a great collection there, Patti. She did good!
Susie, do you want these? I might have a few of each left..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm so glad you liked everything Patti! The Wyoming canna rhizome was one of two that Annette sent in my surprise box - they were so big and when I saw you grew cannas I thought you'd like to try one of them. :). Also, I know those parrot lilies are young and tender still, so if they don't do well for you I'll send a couple more, just let me know. Happy planting!

Kathy : I Sorted through ALLLLLLL My Seeds yesterday & I came up with three small baggies of Datura's just one says DBL Yellow & the other 2 the one is a dark Brown/black shaped like an apple seed, & the other is a flatter Light tan . & you had your name on all your packs, so nothing from you except for the dianthus I plan to get planted this week :)

Debra : I would love to try any of those if you have extra I have the Yellow if this pack is marked right so 1-2-3-5 would be great . TY

well after 2 cups of coffee 5 Threads read :) going to clean out my Potting shed or fisnish cleaning & I Have to get my chicken coop fixed Now that Jim Is home I can Get my Brothers Honey Due List out again :)

you all have a great day I have to play outside today 60's :)
BBL

deejay9- I just wanted to thank you for being hostess to this awesome event. I know that you must be a very busy lady from your posts on the different threads. And I am sure it is a chore keeping track of all the boxes flying back and forth. Also thank you for including me in the fun!
It is people like you that make DG such a success! I am enjoying being a member here so much. Everyone here make you feel so welcome. As I said on the other thread, you are appreciated!

TY Nanny & Its players that really make it so friendly & Fun here . everyone is Giving what they can when they can :)

Well I have been outside all day Just came in put super in the oven its going to be a late one tonight :) so while that bakes I'm headed for the shower get my Night shirt on & It will be MOVIE Time :) While I eat my BKF, Lunch, & Dinner all in one I love a Stuffed Bake Potato I think LK Remembers How I load them :))))

well GN All Back in the AM :))))

Susie I love your potatoes. Got an extra one?

yes I could not eat the whole thing :)

Say anyone here have any Lemon Grass & tell be How it grows for you in your zone?
I Hear it is great when steeped with Ginger root for a soothing Tea .
I have a New Member her on daves That dmailed to ask if I had any or Know where she might get some . I have many grasses but not lemon grass. Please dmail me if you have any .

No lemon grass here.

evening all it has been a very busy long day out in the yard today & Thanks to my Big brother Jim & Little Brother wes & Zoey we got the chicken coop Done Got a huge Garden tilled up , I Potted up many New Hollyhock babies, But the biggest surprise was that Both Brothers Bought me 5 bags each so 10 bags of garden soil :) way cool . I'm so so tired tonight wes just left & so another late super tonight
so off to get the smoke smell off me while sup Bakes :)
GN all .

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

First bloom of the swap?! Okay, I got a head start since Nanny23 sent me some beautiful plants instead of just the bulbs to start with on these, but WooHoo! my first Iris bloom! Happy Easter everyone!

Thumbnail by FLSunshineGal

Very nice Sherie, you are about a week ahead of me, mine are just now starting to put to put up bloom stalks. But it won't be long and they will be blooming like crazy. Those usually re-bloom in the fall, too.

is that a Standard Dwarf bearded or TB My sdb Bloom Before the TB

Here are a couple of my Blooms today The Jack-in-the pulpit not in bloom yet .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Here are my New born Spring chicks Mama is teaching them to sunbath
mama likes my rised beds so i still need to fix their bath tubs out by the pens :)))
well i'm going to go back out for awhile BBL

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Baby chicks brings back loads of memories. Thanks Susie.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Too cute susie!!!! Zoie must be just smitten..lol.

Love those blooms and chicks!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

I think they're the standard dwarf iris, Susie, but Nanny23 will know better than I since I got them from her. :). I love your pics of your flowers and chicks - I think I'd be outside holding and playing with those little chicks all day, lol!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh DJ you got the fancy chicks....how cute. I have a friend who has about 6 different varieties. You just got ta love them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.