CLOSED: PT 2 APRIL BULB SWAP SHOW OR TELL :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

we came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1352017/

YOU CAN PUT YOUR HAVES & WANTS AT THIS LINK
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1351861/

MARCH CHAT
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1351862/#new

Please share what you REC"D From your Partner Picture is nice but a THANK YOU & A List will be ok .

PLAYERS

TATERS55 / LINDAK ----REC"D ☺
WWKATHY / KATHY------REC"D ☺
JOESWIFE / DEBRA-----REC'D ☺
FLSUNSHINEGAL / SHERIE--- REC"D ☺
CHEERMOM /SUEG---- REC"D ☺
SPGARDENS / RIC-------REC'D ☺
GOLDHILLAL / CRYSTAL---REC'D ☺
JSXTIGER / JAX------REC'D ☺
HAPPSGARDEN / JOYCE --- REC"D ☺
ROSE 318 / PATTI-----REC"D ☺
FROGGIES_GIRL / JULIE----☺
BADCAT /AMANDA-------☺
FLWRSNFLYRS1 / KIMBERLY---- ☺
DEEJAY9----- ☺
MUD_ELF/ KRIS------☺

NANNY23 / --------
CZIMMERMAN00----

This message was edited Apr 11, 2014 2:34 PM

This message was edited Apr 12, 2014 2:21 PM

This message was edited Apr 17, 2014 6:22 AM

This message was edited Apr 17, 2014 7:54 AM

This message was edited Apr 25, 2014 8:38 AM

This message was edited Apr 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Following along!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

When are we supposed to reveal who our partner is? Do we tell them in their box who it is from, and then let them post it here? How do we go about that? Just curious?

Please add a card in the box as to who you are & Then they will come here & Give you a THANK YOU & Also tell the rest of us what you shared with them . some who have cameras will take pictures of their box & post it for us to see :) all their goodies :) That is a fun part of this .

long day here so GN all back in the morning

Thanks! deejay

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Got my name. My box will probably have to wait until mid April too to go out since I am still looking for some things.

Sue G

I finished up my box tonight. Was fun picking out the bulbs I had on hand .

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

My partner will be receiving another package middle of next week.
I ordered something on their list that I did not have.

I am still looking for a special surprise for my partner. But should have everything soon! Going through what I have on hand, I may need a bigger box, lol.

I go on line & Order the Gamebox flat rate just the right size for many of my large plants & cost same as lg flat rate but bigger.will longer & roomier .
waiting for a call from my friend she ask me to take her to Lansing today to her daughters house I said are you crazy ?
OBAMA is going to be there today . Traffic will be bumper to bumper , were not going that far into town so won't be bad :)
Sunny & cool this morning .
she just called don't have to take her Hey I hate to drive in big city traffic.

so now I will maybe go over to battle creek & shop for all my swaps guess i better get all my partners list made up.

you all have a great day BBL
susie

I use the USPS Game box to ship my plants as well. They are great for my Bleeding Hearts.
I carefully wrap the growth in paper toweling to protect them during shipment. And when the heat is on, I have to tape a cool pack to the inside of the box to keep the contents cool during shipping. The cool pack is reuseable as well. And the plants arrive in good condition and not wilted during their travels to their new home.

I have never hard of the game box. All they have on the USPS.com is the large flat rate boxes? And out post office only carries the flat rate.

Set up an account on USPS,com. There you can order the free boxes plus order any other supplies that you may need.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I believe what is being referred to as a game box is one about 2' thick and about 18x12 . I do not have one right here but it is about the size it would take to hold say Candyland. However, I do not believe this is a flat rate box and I favor flat rates because unless I are sending cuttings, I think I get more in flat rate boxes.

i would have to dig through my stack of boxes to see the size, but I believe goldhillal is correct.

I also use the Medium Tube Box that USPS offers to ship out Oriental Lilies.
I make holes throughout the box for ventilation and write in big letters
"LIVE PLANTS - DO NOT CRUSH"

I have had good luck in shipping tall plants this way as well.

And now, USPS offers free insurance up to $50.00 per package (Priority + Expedited only
I believe).

I also like to use the Taller Medium Flat rate box. You can fit more bulbs comfortably in this box as well. As long as you write FRAGILE on the box front, back and sides.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

It's here!!!! I got my first box!!!! LOL. THANKYOU SPGardens!!!!!!

1 Peony Coral Charm (about 10+ eyes)!!!!!!!!!! (Oh yeah, I was sooo wanting it)
2 Lily Casa Blanca bulbs
5 Daffodils, Delnashaugh
5 Daffodils, Orange Progrss
10 Muscarii Americum
10 Crocus Pickwick
And if I have read the posts above right there's another package on the way.... Yippeee! Do you know what day I should be looking for it? I don't want to leave it in the mailbox overnight if it would hurt it..please let me know if you can. We just had 6" of snow that ended at noon today and more coming in the next few days. Will get everything potted up as soon as I can and put it into the greenhouse til I get the ground ready out in the backyard... Good thing I have sooo many sizes of pots out there to choose from... that Peony is a beauty!!! Thankyou soo very much Ric!!!!!!!! I forgot to ask is it fragrant ?

Sorry, but no pix available, maybe Ric could show a pix of the Coral Charm for me...(pretty please) My big 'puter is going into the shop....(soon). Have to get the virus off it and put on a new program since Windows XP will no longer work after April 8th...

I will be ordering my pressie this afternoon for my partner.....

Kathy ~ happy you received my package. And yes you will be receiving another one from Florida. We did not want to ship it this week due to your freezing temps + snow. They will be mailing it out on Monday. And should be giving me the tracking number after they print the label.

This item was on one of your lists. And I took the items you requested that we do a trade with on our email to each other.

Glad you like the peony. And happy the eyes were not crushed. Like my invention in the box? LOL.

I'll send you the tracking number as soon as it is sent to me.

By the way, were the Schubertii Alliums not in your box?
And do you like the size of those Delnashaugh daffodils? Double + triple bulbs.
You can separate them now, or plant them and allow them to grow this season, then divide them in the Fall. One large double or triple bulb can fill a 6" pot nicely.

Coral Charm in bloom below.
Enjoy!

Thumbnail by SPGardens
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, darn...just looked again.(duh me..lol), was in the box but forgot to put on the list when writing things down.

forgot to add these:
5 Liatris Blue bulbs
2 Allium Schubertii (way too pretty to be an onion...glad it's stinky so the deer will leave it alone!!!)
(you all will have to look this one up, the bloom can get to be as big as a volleyball or beachball.)

Thankyou again!!!! Kathy

Oh, yea the Liatris Blue bulbs.

I have a limited amount of Schubertii's available.

Kathy - is your greenhouse heated?

Ric is really on the ball. That Coral Charm is beautiful!! A little flower envy here, lol.
I am waiting on an order so I can mail my partner's box out. Does anybody else has the problem of wanting to keep what they have got for their partner??? Not to worry.... I ordered 2 of everything! Problem solved!

Ric what is your eBay name? Will have to look you up and see what your offering. You can send me a message if you see don't want to post it here.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Priority is now 2-day delivery. Maybe it was worth the postage increase!

sierra_paradise_gardens
I ship the same or next day. :-)

I am limited right now of plant material, We still have lots of snow and freezing weather.
Greenhouses help hold the newly planted bulbs, roots/rhizomes or seed flats.
I can only grow what survives in this area. I can not grow tropicals.
Or i can special order an item for someone at wholesale cost if the plant/bulb is available and have them ship it to you. I am also a broker if someone wants flats shipped to them.
Usually 50 or 36 cell trays. Shipping only in zones without a freeze or shipping later in the season.

I start shipping my plants late May or June.

Thanks for the info!

What do you sell in the cells ? Have you a list & Prices.
I don't do ebay . & I'm AN ADDIC for plants :)

Here's my New SPRING BLOOMS of 2014
well off to town as soon as the fog lift ,
Ya all have a great day be safe .:)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

If I purchase cells for my use, it is usually in June or July when our weather is warmer.
Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if my broker has them in stock.

There are more cells sizes available. 36, 50, 72, 128, 200, 288, etc
The larger the number the smaller the cell size.

i can also order bare root perennials and have them shipped directly to the buyer.
Only what is currently available. And you must buy the entire bag or box. (whatever amount they are offering for that item).

Let me know what you are looking for and I will get back to you with an answer.

Ric, I am looking for stepable plants, have you ever heard of those? I have looked at several websites, but really cannot afford over$100.00 per flat of plants plus shipping,

Looking for:

ELEOCHARIS RADICANS MINIATURE RUSH

LOTUS PLENUS DOUBLE BIRDS FOOT TREFOIL

MAZUS REPTANS PURPLE

also looking for:

SEDUM HISPANICUM BLUE CARPET PURPLE FORM

ACEANA MYRIOPHYLLA CLUBBED SHEEP BUR

CAREX VELEBIT HUMILUS VELEBIT SEDGE GRASS

Question ??? I went into my trade page wanting to Edit & I Cannot find how to Delete Plants I No Longer have .
& If you all Notice my Plant Pictures are on the Left of the page & everyone else i look at are on the right of their page so what is the deal with this ? mine USED To Be on the right also . my biggest concern is that I cannot edit my trade list .

Ric Just tried to go to your site but cannot find your store can you share the LINK.

I do not have a store. I am not Retail.
I do not have a website (yet).
I am only a local grower, with a State License that allows me to buy wholesale and distribute at wholesale prices.

I grow mainly locally and distribute at wholesale.

I will be re-registering with my brokers (out of California) to get active again in their data base.
i normally only buy from California.

I only purchase flats or bareroots if they can grow in my area.
I can purchase plant material from another distributor, nursery or grower and have them direct shipped to the buyer.

I have done this many times locally for friends without any problems.
Although I have to rely on the availability. Many times they are sold out.

Susie ~ I am currently on Ebay with limited plant material, as my production has not started yet due to the freezing temps. My name is sierra_paradise_gardens on Ebay.
All I have so far are bulbs, Giant lily of the Valley "Bordeaux" and Coral Charm + Paula Faye peonies. Plus a couple of NOID's.

Kris - so far I have located one company that has ELEOCHARIS RADICANS MINIATURE RUSH sold in quart containers for 5.95. Have not found any flats. Will keep searching later this afternoon. If you find a wholesale company specializing in flats that have what you are looking for, let me know.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

SPGardens....nope, greenhouse not heated. It does get afterneoon sun tho.. LOL, it's actually the backside of my garage and used to be a horse stall. I put up plastic and cover the front. When it gets too cool I cover things with remay. I actually do have a small 8x10 greenhouse, not covered at the moment with plastic but have it if I need the extra room. Also have 2 cold frames: 3ft ^x8ft>x3ft wide And unless I get busy and get to potting things on won't need this year...lol... Last average frost here is about May 10 ish.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Um has anyone else gotten a box? It says delivered, if it wasnt to the right house Id like to get ahold of Usps =/

Amanda if it was delivered today they might be working & Sometimes a TIME Difference you might not get a reply till late tonight or tomorrow .

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

It was delivered yesterday

off to play cards & eat Pizza with the Kids so back in the morning GN all

I hope you find out what happened to the box, Amanda. I think I would go ahead and contact USPS if you don't hear from your partner, tonight. The longer these things are drawn out, the less likely they are to be recovered. At least that is my experience with lost mail.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone!
Hope the bulb trading is going well! Sorry to have missed this one!
DJ - did you get an answer to your trade list management question...??
It took me a bit to figure it out but I found it....
Click on "my info" at the top of the page - that brings you to your homepage...
Under actions - click on view my trade list
Once there - you see another menu on the left....if you click "your trade list" there you get to the area where you can edit and delete....

IT's such a sad winter here...it's soooooo cold....I still have feet of snow....and no sign of bulbs at all in my yard!

I've missed you all! Can't wait to see everything this new "year" that I got from all of you last year in my trades!

www.stepables.com/scripts/priceselection.asp?idProduct=158

Ric,, here is a page to look at. It is called Stepables.com

Kris ~ I registered with Stepables to be a distributor.
Will let you know next week

Ohhh, great! Please let me know. Most of their plants are great for fairy gardens too!!

I saw that on Stepables:
a tray of 48 is 2.06 a plant.
They add in the shipping cost per plant.

Wondering if they do 1" plugs for growers.
Will let you know.

This message was edited Apr 4, 2014 6:27 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.