Pepper plants growing List

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Here is what I am growing this year:
Bhut Jolokia
Lemon Drops
Fool's You Jalapeno- this pepper does not have the heat but have the pepper taste..I make jelly from these Jalapenos.
Trinidad Scorpion- my plant from last year.
Ghost pepper-Bhut Jolokia plant from last year
Cayenne Slim
Habanero- Chocolate,mustard,yellow mushroom,caribbean red,peach
Scotch Bonnet
Fish-variegated leaves and peppers too.
still have more to get as soon as plants comes to the farmers market..

Are you growing any this year??

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Forgot to add: I have Birds Eye peppers growing all year..

First pic was my last crop..
Second pic is my Birds Eye peppers I collected and freeze to make a vinegar pepper sauce out of them
Third pic is my bottled Birds Eye Pepper sauce that I make for my 92 yr old daddy for his Gumbo..

Thumbnail by Moodene Thumbnail by Moodene Thumbnail by Moodene
Ozark, MO(Zone 6a)

Those Birds Eye Peppers and the sauce you make for your dad look real impressive, Moodene. I grow a pot-full of Maui Purple Peppers that we use the same way, they're super-hot and have great flavor so they provide the 'heat' in our salsas and other dishes.

But having those when serious 'heat' is called for, the other varieties I'm growing are sweet or just mildly hot.

Carmen
Pepperoncini
Jimmy Nardello
Yummy Orange
TAM Jalapeno
Slonovo Uho
Ljubov Dlan

Carmen is a big, productive, red-ripening sweet non-bell I've grown for years - we slice and freeze those to have sweet peppers available year-round. I grow mildly-hot light green-to-red Pepperoncinis because I love them pickled on my sandwiches. Jimmy Nardello is an heirloom brought from Sicily, thin-walled but the best-flavored frying pepper I know of. I saved seeds last year from a Yummy Orange Bonnie Plant Farms plant from Lowe's because it was so good - don't know if I'll get away with that, since peppers cross so easily.

TAM Jalapeno was developed at Texas A & M University to have full Jalapeno flavor and only about 1500 Scoville units instead of the usual 5000. We'll use those in salsas, as pickled Jalapeno rings, and for cheese-filled poppers. The last two varieties are from seeds sent to me by some nice folks in Slovenia - enormous red-ripening sweet 'paprikas', both of them.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

This year for sweet to mildly hot I'm growing Aconcagua, Pepperoncini, Buran, Yummy Orange, Lipstick, Tequila Sunrise and Cochiti. The hots are Inferno, Hungarian Hot Wax, Jalmundo, Ram Horn Fireboy, 3 Lobos, Australian Broome, Chimayo, Pequin, an orange pequin, African Pequin, Naga Viper, and Congo Red. The last two are considered superhots. I don't think I left anything out.

This message was edited May 1, 2014 12:28 PM

This message was edited May 1, 2014 12:46 PM

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Ozark, for a frying pepper you should really try the Padron, a Spanish heirloom from Galicia. Sauteed in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, they're served as tapas in Spanish restaurants. Delicious.

This message was edited May 1, 2014 12:56 PM

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

I've got a variety, and will probably add more to the list if I see any in a nursery that I think we might like.

Jalepeno's. My boys will eat these things by the jar full.
Aleppo
Chinese Giant
Thai red
Scotch Bonnet
Anaheim
Poblano
Beaver Dam (New to me this year)
Serrano
Jimmy Nardello
Corno Di Toro
Sweet Bananna
California Wonder