Indoor Gardens March 2014 Mid Atlantic

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah that was a funny line. I scanned through them and noticed that my ZZ plant was on there. There have been times my ZZ could have easily been mistaken for a fake plant. Mine is about 3 years old and for a solid 1.5 years it didn't do anything. It had grown a little for the first six months I had it or so but then nothing. I decided to start fertilizing last summer and now I'm getting new shoots. It's in a stone pot though, I'm wondering if it might need replanted into a plastic pot so it can expand better. I've seen those things pretty root bound in the stores though.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

My Blossom Peacock is about to bloom, but I'm giving it away tomorrow so I won't be able to see the flowers, which are supposed to be fragrant.

Did anyone else get Blossom Peacock? How fragrant are the flowers? Were your Double Dreams labeled correctly?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I got Blossom Peacock, but it hasn't bloomed yet - it is close though.

I just sent Jill a note yesterday about my Double Dreams. I ordered two Dancing Queens and two Double Dreams. Only one of the Double Dream bulbs has bloomed so far, but it is a Dancing Queen. My two Dancing Queens bulbs have bloomed and are actually Dancing Queens, so I don't think it was just a matter of mixing up the two when we were labeling or distributing. The other Double Dream is not even close to blooming yet, so we don't know about that one yet. Jill said she will contact every one who ordered Double Dream to see what it bloomed as. I still want Double Dream at some point, but I am happy with my three Dancing Queens blooming simultaneously and it is a wow factor displayed all together.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Terri--how about a picture?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OK! I have a question.......

Yesterday, I p/u a spray can of RAID "Flying Insect" spray.
Been wanting to get it as the Fungus Gnats are driving me crazy.
They are EVERYWHERE I sit down--and i swear they live behind
my computer monitor! There is also a window right behind my computer table
and so--the Gnats fly around like crazy.
I thought i would spray thew air around where they are the worst--
after all--having about 70 houseplants ans lots more on all my windowsills,
keeps them coming.

Well--I read all the small print--and zi m taking the spray can back.
NOT gonna do it in my home!!

Now--my question is:

If I used a spray mist bottle with some water and Hh2O2 in it--that would be safe.
There has been discussion here that it kills on contact.
Would 1:10 dilution be OK? Would Alcohol and dish soap + H2O be better?

Will it harm my foliage plants if i spray close-by?

Thanks--Gita

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think we have two mis-labeled bulbs from the ADR buy this year... definitely not the usual thing from them, so I don't know if they had confusion in their warehouse or a supplier issue.

I have not-Aphrodite blooming side by side with 'Marquis', and they are identical. I also have a not-Double-Dream that's definitely 'Dancing Queen'. There aren't that many double cultivars, so I think we can be quite sure of those IDs... 'Dancing Queen', in particular, is unique.

I took some photos of amaryllises blooming along the back of my kitchen counter with my phone and have to figure out how to get them to the computer. LOL My plan was to slow down some of the bulbs by keeping them in the basement and have blooms until March... but I went downstairs Thursday evening and found nearly all of them blooming or close to it! Ah well, it does make a spectacular display. :-)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

New thread!
Go here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1383902/
Let's talk indoor plants
In the new year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.