WINTER WEATHER IN YOUR GARDEN

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

oh my goodness..........more snow?? I know ya'll must be sick of it by now! It is still cold here today but nothing like ya'll have been experiencing, but temps in the mid 30s. I do think we are supposed to warm up for the weekend, but they are calling for rain. We have a local daffodil festival tomorrow and Saturday but I think most of the daffs that were blooming were frozen in the 20 degree temps we had at the first of the week. So, not sure how many daffodils will be on hand for the festival.

We "spring" forward this weekend so MAYBE Mother Nature will take the hint and head us toward Spring................ ^_^ At least the extra hour of daylight in the evenings will be nice if we ever get some warm afternoons to work outside when I get home.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

We were in the forties yesterday. 32, 43 and 54 expected for the next three days. Woke up to some light freezing rain. Snow predicted for next week as the temps drop once again.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, we had 70s the first two days of the week, in the upper 50s yesterday with a stiff breeze, and it was 30 this morning with frost! Not sure what the temps are supposed to do tomorrow, and they are calling for a 60% chance of rain on Saturday of course! :( We probably need the rain, but couldn't it do that on a week day?????

Genna

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

There's a small chance of snow between Saturday night and Sunday. Mostly towards the north. Sunday will be our coldest day for the next five @ 27°f. Fifties expected today.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - 50s..... ya'll won't know how to contain yourselves! ^_^

We actually hit 70 yesterday....so we had a 40 degree swing during the day. Back down to 36 last night but supposed to push 70 again today. Then rain all day tomorrow and possibly into Sunday.............. Pretty again next week of course once the work week begins again! :)

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, it was nice. Snow melted quite a bit.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

A nice spring rain today. It has been in the 70s for several days. I walked the yard yesterday and saw all the DL sending up new growth. I'm happy about that. Some of them are in pots and it has been cold this winter.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

CG, good for you. I saw crocuses and dafodills pushing up on the southside of the house yesterday. Upper twenties today. This will be the coldest of the next seven. Look like mostly forties this week.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Just in the 50s today. I'm looking forward to seeing some things bloom! It has been such a long, cold winter!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, it was nice here on Saturday and the rain held off until late Saturday night. I was able to work out in the yard all day - and now I can barely move! :( But, at least I got some things done.

Then it was super cold yesterday, with cold rains and high winds.............temps in upper 30s but the wind and rain sure made it feel a LOT colder than that! This morning I woke up to 2.5 - 3" of SNOW!!! Watched the 9 pm weather forecast before heading to bed and they didn't even MENTION snow in our area! LOL Guess they were as surprised as I was! wasn't much on the ground because it had been so warm last week, but the buildings and cars were covered.

Poor daffodils probably wonder what on earth happened !!

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Mike. No snow here but it is cold at night. No freezing temps though. Hopefully that's the end of that.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, sorry about the snow and the cold. Booooo Hoooooo!!! LOL!!
Low fifties expected today. Bad stuff going on in MN and WI. Lots of snow. Rain coming tonight may turn to a little snow tomorrow when the temp drops. The top layer of the soil that doesn't have any snow is dry. The rain will be welcome around here.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

We are fairly dry as well...... the wind has been blowing pretty steady for the past several weeks at times and that really dries the ground out quickly! Had a heavy, heavy frost again this morning with temps around 35 when I headed off to work. Supposed to hit mid to upper 60s today, but it has a LONG way to go yet to get there.

I think it is supposed to be a little warmer the rest of the week.

It may be July before WI and MN thaw out!!

We lived in Colorado two summers long ago while my husband worked on a master's degree.... the second summer we were there they were still skiing at a couple of the slopes on July 4th, and we went thru some of the parks where there was still 4-5' of snow on the ground where the walkways to the buildings were supposed to be. There were all these signs that people had dug down into the snow to see what they said - they said "Keep off the tundra"..... guess we didn't have to worry about that! LOL......

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, LOL!!
Raining today. May change later as temp cool off.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Were still way below normal temps .
There is snow in the 8 day forecast !!! Grrrrrrrrr
If it snows tomorrow for the first day of Spring , I am going to sound like Yosemite Sam ,For those of you that remember who that is (or what) lol
Raining now ,, usual ..

Here's the old Daylily shoots ;

Thumbnail by juhur7
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

There's a chance of light snow today. Going up to 47°f. Tomorrow low sixties then back in the forties and thirties the next several days.
Juhur7, there's signs of life in your garden for sure. LOL!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm seeing some shoots here as well. Finally! I know it's only March but it seems like this winter has gone on forever.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

CG, it has gone on forever. It's not your imagination, I can attest to that. LOL!!
22°f this morning and light snow.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, gee whiz, Mike. Not more s***? Darn that four-letter word.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We had 31 and that S... word here this morning also .
No accumulation this time ,,, Shew , weee . I I am glad of that !!!^_^

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Indeed.

Bryan, TX

I know it's spring. .. winter should be moving on.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

This message was edited Mar 23, 2014 8:00 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Border Patrol ; Yes About July at this rate ? Maybe ???
About the way it feels anyway ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.