Any website savvy DGer's out there?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I didn't want to go OT on the bulb purchase thread. My apologies for the usual winter hibernation...I've been busy trying to get a photography business started. If any of you know or can rec someone that I can get just a dab of help from - I'd greatly appreciate it. I need one web address to redirect to another and well...I'm embarrassed at the amount of time I've attempted to get this to work correctly.

We've been busy with the arrival of an additional Tribette as well. Meet my son's little angel Miss Gabriella!! And of course Chloe and Mariah with Christine

Thumbnail by Chantell Thumbnail by Chantell
Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Chantell, I'm sorry to say I don't know anyone who can help you with your website-creating needs, but I did have to post to say "Hello!!" to Gabriella!! Oh my goodness, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! =)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Beautiful girls!! Precious baby!! Great photography!

I know nothing but perhaps VA WildRose would have some advice for you.
Or are you asking for technical help with redirecting?

It seems to me you want to get as many links going as you can. I'm not sure how you do that, but for example, if I decided to sell seeds, then my articles would be a possible source of getting new people to find me.

Just had a thought: Another option Chantell, maybe you could ask around in the "Computer Talk" forums?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/computer/all/

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you. Yes, technical help...great idea re Computer forum - huge THANKS

You're very welcome. Every once in a while those random thoughts turn out to be good ones. ;) I hope you get every answer you are looking for! =)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

No help here but those are just beautiful grandchildren and as always beautiful pictures.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ditto

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell: If those shots are examples of your photography skills, it is a terrific thing that you are starting a photography business!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful photos Chantell! But you always DID make beautiful photos!
Congrats on the endeavor!

Are you wanting to create your own website, or have a catalyst to sell your photos from?
Give me an idea of what you are looking for and I may have some on-line resources for you.

Karen

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have a slightly off topic question. I have highlighted words mixed into the text of the posts. They are pop up adds of some kind. Is anyone else seeing them? I remember this problem before but can't figure out how to get rid of them. I don't just have them on DG but Allthings Plants and Cubits as well. Last night I ran the security program and it found a lot of low threat issues so I was sure that they would be gone when I got up this morning but they aren't.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

On Cubits and ATP especially, contact Dave and he can resolve the issue pretty quickly.
Here, I guess just contact the admin group.
That is exactly what the highlighted words are... SPAM!
Meant to take you to their ads, etc.

Karen

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Chantell, I might be able to help, please dmail me.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys, Ric found the issue and corrected it. Since I was having the same issue on all three sites I figured it was something we picked up in our computer. I will say that I was surprised to see it as we have 2 different Anti Virus software programs and neither of them noticed it. I remember a few years ago having the problem but just didn't remember where it had come from at that time. Also back then there were several people on DG that were having the same problem.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, she is just precious, Chantell as are the others.

Blessings on your photog business.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

For those interested: the malware I found was called Highlightly. You could not delete it with remove programs, it would just lock up the add/remove function. If you did an in depth search for all files and subfiles you will probably find about 6 entries, select all under view, and delete under file. This came in as a Trojan horse, and I have no idea where from.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Good to know, thanks Ric!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ric--

Where you the only one that had this issue? I thought someone else was talking
about it...not sure
What words were highlighted? random? Were there any other symptoms?

Now I am concerned......even though I have a very good Ant-Virus program--Norton.

G.

Thank you for that info Ric. While I was not having the problem, I did the search as you described anyway... nothing found. Pheewww!

thanks Ric!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ugh scary stuff Rick - thank you!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Anyone have windows hate, I mean eight? Our new laptop came with 8.1 on it. Java is not compatible with it on desktop and I'm having serious problems with Corel Paint Shop Photo Express. I believe the8.1 is a beta and will revert to 8.0 in a week or so unless I buy it.
Yeah right, I'd rather buy a migraine.
There is more good news coming from MS, as of, I believe April they are no longer going to support XP, by far the most user friendly OS yet, so if you're running this make sure you have any updates, drivers, and patches you may need.
Take a deep breath listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hD37WWo27M and try not to think of all those Microsoft Image eXpress (MIX) files you need to convert to JPEG.

No Windows hate for me thanks, my most up-to-date version of windows is on my laptop, and that's 7. Thank you for the heads-up on the phase out of XP; that's what I've got on my desktop and you're right, it's the most user-friendly of them all. UGH, I wish they'd leave well-enough alone already!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've got Windows hate runnign on this laptop and manage to ignore it most of the tiem thanks to a program Jim found ("Start8" I think?) that makes my desktop "look like" the Windows 7 interface. Annoyingly, though, it still wants to flip back & forth for no reason I can discern, so I'm forever having to click in the upper left corner to get "my" desktop back... my DB has the same issue and no solution (he's geekier than I, and he's searched!).

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Everything is about using apps. I think they have become so specialized that they (MS) have lost sight of the user. Since I retired I'm not sure if the government has moved on but the system we used was XP. I have to admit that I've not yet perused any tutorials, but will have to, once I accept the fact, I've got to change. LOL
My desk top is an antique and running XP, I'm not sure it will support Hate.

Sorry somehow I'm in Holly's log in.

This message was edited Mar 1, 2014 9:38 AM

I'm clueless on OS. I just figured out with Mark's help, I am in 7. It really stinks that your computer becomes 'outdated' for this reason, Ric.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.