weather in the garden #136

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Now they are calling for 0.75" of ice, the disruptive level of accumulation.

Trees are dripping icicles, and viburnums are already laying on the ground.

It's turning eerily ugly...

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Going to be lots of problems out there. I'm below the snow, but the rain is unbelievable!!! The yard is under water.

South Hamilton, MA

10" of snow here & it is still a light fall. DH has been cleaning off the car & our plow person mad an earlier pass down the driveway. I'm sure that he will return. 33°

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

At this point I would have preferred the snow. Be careful everyone

Thomaston, CT

Not a happy camper here.....10" of snow, then sleet & freezing rain, rain, now back to crazy snow.....another inch has accumulated......my plowperson piled a 41/2' bank near my garage.....I could get the car out, but couldn't open driver's side door.....half an hour of shoveling! Hope everyone stays safe!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

25 and windy. we got at least 6" of snow on top of the 4" from the other day

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

close to a foot here and it is light snow - colder here than at Lucy's

VV - hate to see bent over like that.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Batteries ran out while walking around the yard, so only damage pics I got were of Pinus strobus branches. Most painful that I can see is the Quercus dentata - now about 12" caliper - that I grew out from an acorn. It will be a shadow of its former self when the breakage is pruned.

There were more attractive elements of the ice...

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley Thumbnail by ViburnumValley Thumbnail by ViburnumValley Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

We had that ice awhile back. About a foot of snow. Shoveled 4 times today.

South Hamilton, MA

Power went out for about an hour tonight. Missed 2nd half of the Celtics game as a result. 23° at the moment.

Thomaston, CT

Should be in the mid-twenties for today......icy & snowy....looks like Siberia.

South Hamilton, MA

25° bright sun snow still clinging to the trees

Thomaston, CT

Started out at 7 degrees this morning......will be near to 30 today & tomorrow.....maybe some snow will melt....I'm getting numb to all of it.....

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

windchill making it -14. wish it would warm up a little

South Hamilton, MA

24° & bright sun. Feels colder.

Thomaston, CT

Supposed to be around 5 last night, around 30 today & tomorrow....sun is getting stronger!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

great day today - went x-country, shoveled the front walk way and back deck, and then went for a nice 3.5 mile walk

South Hamilton, MA

27° now. this is the first time that I have looked today.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

We had sunny 30 F weather, took the dog for a long walk on the bike path, then doubled the walk when he lost his tags. We did find the rabies tag. He's all tuckered out now.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Glad you found the tag!!

We got about 3" last evening. Wondering what Wednesday's event will bring

Thomaston, CT

Two inches here.....I've been walking the dog twice a day, but it's slippery out there!

South Hamilton, MA

No new snow thank goodness. Oil truck came today, we were down quite a bit so nice to know the tank is full.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Still lots of ice patches here. I guess we had 2" of snow last night too.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

same here - more thursday :)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

possibly a blizzard? Thats what some weatherman are saying here...with 22" of snow . :(

South Hamilton, MA

No new snow at the moment. 10° & bright sun.

Thomaston, CT

Another below zero night here.....getting way sick of this winter....bad weather for Thurs. but not sure how much snow... we seem to be on the dividing line right now between lots of snow & moderate snow.....

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

in the teens today

Thomaston, CT

Another below zero night....sounds like a broken "record?" CD? Low 20s for today, snow moving in tomorrow....right now prediction is 8-18"

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

-8 earlier...-2 now will warm up in the next 24hrs so it can snow. :(

South Hamilton, MA

24°snow in the forcast

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

25 today, heat wave!

Thomaston, CT

Snowing heavily right now.....several inches accumulation......may change to sleet & freezing rain later today......

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

We are 30 degrees and snowing like crazy and the wind is blowing and it is mixed with rain.this is going to be a bad storm for us..

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Got about 10" before it switched over, but more accumulation later on the back side of this storm. What a mess!!!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

It's a mess in the Boston area. Govt offices weren't cancelled so I had to drive around the suburbs all morning. It wasn't bad ast first but it kept getting worse. Finally sometime after 1 pm they cancelled the Framinngham court session and I could leave. It took nearly three hours to drive what is usually about a half hour, nearly white out conditions, many stranded cars at the ramps, and three stops to get the ice off my wipers as it was slushy and then freezing. I am leaving my car at the bottom of the driveway for now because will need to shovel over a foot of new snow. Temp is around 33 at home but my car said it was 30 out on the highways. It's time to thaw and then write reports later.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

22 here and snowing heavily - will venture out soon to snow blow the driveway before the better half gets home

Thomaston, CT

I think there are 10" here....hard to tell because of the blowing & drifting....my plowperson has not yet come.....I feel trapped!

South Hamilton, MA

About 6" here because there was some rain before it snowed a 2nd time. High winds are not a help. Wet heavy type snow & looking out a window this afternoon DH saw that a birch tree had come down on top of the car. The car was not damaged as many side branches held off the trunk. He was able to cut the trunk into 2 pieces with a handsaw & a neighbor helped him move the pieces into the yard. Luckily it fell in the direction it did, rather than on the wires into the house.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh My! What a close call.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.