sprinkler valve repair

Las Vegas, NV

A valve went out on me and the person who installed it had the line from the vavle to the sprinkler heads under a sidewalk. I figured i would try to repair the valve rather than replace it. It was a Richdel R-204. Probably about 15 years old. I didn't know anything about them. Bought a new solenoid and diaphragam. After trial and error as to damaged wires, diaphragam, solenoid, all i could do to get it to work was with the bleed off screw. Time clock was no go. I knew the solenoid and wires were good so what the hey. After reading here in the forum about the diaphragam must be placed on perfectly or it wont work. Isn't that the truth. As i turned down the first of the 8 screws in the 9 hole gasket i noticed the gasket had a tendency to move just enough to distract that 9th hole where the solenoid went. The gasket blocked the hole for the solenoid to send the signal. Once that was on perfect it worked like a champ. Remember to watch the gasket if working on that type of vavle. Thanks goes out to the people of this forum.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!