Greetings from BAMA!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Haven't been on here much lately...life has been very busy & thought I'd catch y'all up on life in Alabama!

First - on November 7th I was declared cancer free!! After a rather grueling radiation treatment, they did a CT & no cancer can be seen - the (platypus) lesions in my liver have actually shrunk! I'm feeling great, my hair is back - thicker, darker & curly! Of course I'm tired, even very tired at times - but, I feel a little stronger every day - I'm actually enjoying cooking again, working in the house...heck, I even do laundry AND fold! Getting ready to do a little clean up in the garden & get some bulbs in the ground as well!

Have had tons of visitors! First one cousin came from Norway, then Greg's cousin, then my sister came for a week & now another cousin is visiting from Norway also! We're having the first family Christmas here this year...something we haven't done in years! Last year we had very little Christmas, this year we'll truly celebrate! I'm having a great time planning & getting decorations - dinner & fun with the family! We love living here, AL has been very, very good for & to us! Now it's healing time, get stronger & start living again for real :-)

This message was edited Nov 22, 2013 12:48 AM

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Becky, always good to hear from you and bye bye platypus is such good news!
So glad so much family is visiting. You all are such a 'radiant' bunch! Bet that new puppy has grown by leaps and bounds. Happy happy holidays to you and yours.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Whooooeeee! Great news!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

What fantastic news! A true reason to celebrate the holidays and every day after. :^)

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Becky, grrrreat news! Thank you for the update!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Becky, such good good news. How very wonderful.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Wonderful news!!! Woohoo!!! Glad you have been enjoying many guests.

Celebrations this year will have an extra special meaning. Praising God

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Becky, it is so great to hear from you. Your fantastic news has made my day.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great news Beck, here's hoping and prayers for your continued improvement.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

So great to hear from you, Becky! I am very happy that you are doing very well. We all miss you here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Did you go native and add Andouille Sausage and smoked oysters to the stuffing? LOL

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Congrats Becky! Heck, I don't even know ya and I've missed ya, welcome back.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I know this a little late but me & the caudexes say Hiiiiiiii Y'all. Glad to hear your good news.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.