Heavy-duty Seed Trays

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I am trying to find a supplier of a particular type of seedling tray. I used to have several of them but they have all drifted away. They were made of a heavy-duty light green plastic about 12" long, 8" wide, and 2" deep.There were no holes in the bottom and I used them to hold small seedling pots. You could lift one of these filled with pots and never worry that they would collapse and dump all of your seedlings on the ground. Anyone know what I'm referring to and where I can find them?

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I think you mean the Perma-Nest trays from Indoor Garden Suoply. Someone else on DG recommended them just when I was fed up with the flimsy standard trays that bend if you try to carry them with full cell-packs, and often leak after a season or two. These are much sturdier, and better looking, too. I've had mine for a couple of years and love them.

They also sell them as self-watering kits, with plastic grid platforms and capillary matting, which I can't do without.

http://indoorgardensupplies.com/shop/product-category/plant-trays/

Good luck!

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank, Pam. I'll get them on order today. And I'll take better care of these.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

If you google garden trays you can find all sizes of those green trays. All shapes and sizes. The thing is you normally need to order in cartons or whatever, which is still ok if you find someone to share one with you.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

i want to thank Pam for helping me locate the perma-nest trays. Ordered 7 of them and have been using them since January.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

The Dollar Store may have alternatives, like cat-boxes or mats for shoes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.