Have you ever waited and waited for just the perfect shot...

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Since the Swainson's Thrush was a "Lifer" for me, thank goodness I was able to get somewhat better pics over several days this spring. It would have been a real disappointment to have nothing but "Thrush Butts".

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature
Aurora, CO(Zone 4a)

Oh well now, I've gotta add this shot. Actually, it's the back of the bird's head. I recall seeing a similar series of shots on the forum, like the backs of birds' heads sometimes look like the front? Here's my bluejay, showing off his nape. And I've thrown a butt in as well.

Thumbnail by wingwoman Thumbnail by wingwoman
Mesquite, TX

American Kestral butt

Thumbnail by TXSkeeter
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Carolina wren butt, Hermit Thrush? and headless titmouse.

Thumbnail by beclu727 Thumbnail by beclu727 Thumbnail by beclu727
Bella Vista, AR(Zone 6b)

Ruby crowned kinglet's tail. haha

Thumbnail by JulieQ
Denver, IN

This was pure accident:

Thumbnail by DrTrish
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Perfectly beautiful shot of a White-crowned Sparrow...butt.

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature
Stafford County, VA

I have an extraordinary number of bluebirds visiting me this Fall. Best estimate is more than 30. They come morning and late afternoon and eat a lot of meal worms, and I am getting a lot of good bluebird photos. Several pairs are already competing for use of the back yard nest box next Spring. I love the shadow on this one. Glad he was flying in the wrong direction so this photo could qualify for this thread.

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Hah!
Actually, i think with cropping, you could eliminate the bird, and have a really cool photo of the shadow!

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

Did I just discover a new bird? Red-Butted Nuthatch?

Thumbnail by SallieKr Thumbnail by SallieKr
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

There is a red breasted nuthatch:
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-breasted_Nuthatch/lifehistory

Cape Canaveral, FL

Quote from steadycam3 :
Is this a new forum, butt watching?

Cape Canaveral, FL

I suppose so.

Cape Canaveral, FL

This message was edited Apr 17, 2018 9:07 PM

Cape Canaveral, FL

Check out this shot I took at the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey, Maitland, FL.

Thumbnail by augustus9
Cape Canaveral, FL

This message was edited May 15, 2018 7:50 AM

Cape Canaveral, FL

Indian Peafowl

Thumbnail by augustus9

Quote from augustus9 :
Quote from steadycam3 :
Is this a new forum, butt watching?

Just a new thread about bird butt shots that I found hilarious!

Mesquite, TX

Been gone from the forum(s) a long time due to sidetracks and too, a few health issues getting in the way but... can't believe folks are still adding to this thread. Much appreciated!

Quote from TXSkeeter :
Been gone from the forum(s) a long time due to sidetracks and too, a few health issues getting in the way but... can't believe folks are still adding to this thread. Much appreciated!

I found this thread by accident and thought it was hilarious! I just had to add my "Red-butted Nuthatch". I think I might have a couple more butt shots... just have to find the time to locate them. When I do, I'll create a Butt-Shot folder in my birds folder so I can find them again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.