white orchid trees

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I have small white orchid trees (Bauhinia candicans) that I grew from seed. I have found I can ship 2 of them in a small flat rate box with the PO. I have shipped several this way already and they arrived in great shape. Im looking to trade for dwarf chenille plant or anything on my trade list.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Sorry I would love one but no room and it freezes to often here

Yes, wren, I should have noted that it is for 9a and above.

I am border line at 9a and 9b so they can survive a few years but if we get a hard freeze it will kill them. I had Pentas explode during the last hard freeze.

Hope you find some good homes for them

My tree froze to the ground in 2009 when we had low 20's for 5 days in a row, twice. It came back from the root and is 3" in diameter now. It was lovely in the spring. In my neighborhood there are several people with this tree and the purple one that are 5-6" in diameter. Their trees had some damage in 2009 but it did not kill the tree. In 2009, my tree was only 1 yr old and 1" in diameter. I think if you can shelter it until it gets some size, it will survive in 9a and beyond. Here is a photo of mine in March of this year.

Thumbnail by steadycam3

Beautiful
Wish I had a bigger yard. Still trying to find room for the bush member of that family
It is hardy here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.