Happy Birthday Greenthumb!!!!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hope your day has been filled with favorites from start to finish!

Thumbnail by coleup
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Birthday wishes for a good year. Enjoy the new ferns, tropical and hardy, that came home today!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday! The Queens tears bromeliad you gave me has another bloom, must be just for your birthday.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

WOOHOOO, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it's being a terrrrrific one!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

David, I didn't know it was your birthday when I talked to you this afternoon! I got home too late to get to the place in Leesburg, but I'll look for it next Saturday. I hope you had a good day and it sounds like you picked up some goodies. Happy Birthday!!!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday, greenthumb! I hope you're having a great day!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Long time no hear- Mark and I both wishing a happy birthday!
Pic is bromeliad on Curacao

Thumbnail by sallyg
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Sorry I've been so out of touch lately. Hope you are ahead of me in preparation for fall and winter, I'm still working on my June gardening chores.
David

happy birthday, Greenthumb! Sorry to be chiming in late. Hope it was a good one!

Eeeek, still on June chores? Are you alright!?!?! Big Hug!! =)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

David: A belated happy birthday! I hear you on June chores -- I'm finishing up my May ones!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

We aren't mentioning May or June of any particular year or decade are we? I have saved on paper usage as I can just refer to the same list...lol...if I can find it!

I keep a running list in my head.... it's busy running around with the dust bunnies and "Vacant Lot For Rent" sign at the moment. ;)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

speedie, I loved your "vacant lot for rent!"

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

tee hee

Ruh-R'oh, Raggy, I think David sneaked away again! < =/

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

So, Speedie what is your avatar? I've been guessing in abstentia all summer but nothing.

Does the flip side of your For Rent sign read like mine? " Inquire Within " ???

Hi there! Heeheeheee, if I had something in my head I would have thought to paint something on the reverse side of my sign, LOL!! Sadly, the flip side is like the inside of my head: Blank. < =P

My avatar is a bud from my Hollyhock that I winter sowed a few years back. One of the first things I ever winter-sowed, and my first Holly ever -- I was so happy with how she grew up!

Thumbnail by speediebean

It's beautiful, Speedie!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Dag nab it. It's a Hollyhock bud!!!

Well I have an excuse for not knowing, I don't have any hollyhocks. It is pretty.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I was wondering about that avatar too. Hollyhock, who'd a thunk??? I have always loved hollyhocks - they are one of the old fashioned classics. I have them on my "want" list, and actually started seeds indoors a few times, but never followed through with getting them outside to grow up like yours did. Very, very nice!

Aspen, check your D-Mail! =)

Thank you, I do love Hollyhocks, they are gorgeous. I think I should try some more... somewhere. Might have to borrow someone else's yard to do it though. ;)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Speediebean - Guilty as charged. I've been so sneaky lately that NSA and CIA are having a bidding war over my expertise. Thanks again everyone for your birthday wishes!

David

Speedie, how do you keep your hollyhocks free of the rust they're prone to? Mine ended up with a bad case of it and I'm wondering what I can do to prevent it next spring.

OH!!! A David siting!!!! Quick, call the FBI!! < =P heeheeheee Are you ok!?!??!?

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea why my Hollyhocks never got rust. I have only grown them twice; once that first year, and once in a container the next year, and I guess I just got lucky. I didn't have them too over-crowded with other things, I used lots of compost, and a good organic fertilizer. Oh, and I never over-head watered, ONLY watered at the crown. That's about all I can think of.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, boy, I am joining the party late. Hoping it was a great day, David!!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Spending time under the Chinese Scholar Tree?

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I'm bringing up the rear on wishing David a happy birthday. He gets to share his with mine today...

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

And a happy birthday to you John! Have another glass of wine.

Happy birthday to you, too, Viburnum!

Oh Boy another one!! Happy Birthday Viburnum!! < =D

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry David, I've been sooo busy with fall work I'm rarely online and missed this thread completely. Hope you had a good birthday and enjoy may more sunrises.

Thumbnail by Ric_of_MAF

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.