Seed Purge Pt. 2

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from legallyheidi :
I'm still waiting on the UPS man...usually he drops package around lunch time, but it's nearly 5 and he still hasn't came :(

Feel better!

Bad UPS guy! Though, I bet he is swamped!

Thx. I only got 3 hours sleep. :( And, now dh is sick. His throat is messed up, and it could be that way for weeks....he works in a call center. Plus, my friend came home to find her house broken into....she called for someone to come over, but we are too sick. It tore my heart out, b/c I could only listen. :(

I hope UPS found you!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

It found me...about 6 o'clock. The holiday runner woman wasn't running, lol! She waved at me to come to the truck. Ain't it her job to bring the package to me? I met her halfway. I know it was at the end of the day, but my driveway isn't long. And I was in my nightgown! Anywoo, I'm glad that's over.

:( Sorry about hubby...hopefully he won't be sick for long. Sorry about the friend, as well :( Hopefully the police can help catch whomever did it.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Good grief Dawn - please let me know if there's any way I can help you guys. Chicken soup? Oreos? Unpackaged seed? Dog biscuits?

I heard that cyber sales hit record highs this week - I do find it preferable myself and find (thought I haven't tried it) that you can order even household stuff online and have it delivered to your door without putting your hands on the shopping cart that someone's sick child drooooooled all over right before you had it. Ack.

Of course I wonder about whether all these individual shipments increase my carbon footprint (does it make more of an impact of UPS drives my package all over town before he delivers it to me or if I drive to the store myself and bring home the goods)?

The only thing I have relied on lately is ordering Snoopy's special Hill's prescription diet online because it actually costs less than it does at retail in the store AND I get free shipping if I hit the minimum amount AND now I have it on auto ship so I don't forget and Snoopy never runs out of food. How's that for a run on sentence?

O well. Heidi I can't imagine why you don't have my seed yet but really the only reason I shipped at all was to send that confederate rose on Cris' behalf. I will check to see if I have any more to send - and as I said - the package has not come back to me. So.

I hope everybody else enjoyed the purge! I'm only sorry you didn't get to partake in the MASSIVE amount of seed I shipped to Heidi - except somebody at the post office scooped it up, it being so awesome and all.

G'night.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Where do you get a good deal on pet food online?
I had a package hacked into somewhere a long while ago of crochet squares...the "plain" square was left, and the two really ornate squares were gone. Great, huh? I love it how no one can tell you anything when you call the post office. It's like "Er, jammed on conveyor belt...dropped maybe torn...perhaps accident in transit". "Accident in transit"...yeah!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

It's crazy work month, and the firm lets me take work home at night (ain't they great?),so if anyone needs something feel free to email me... missreadsalot87@yahoo.com. It'll beep on my phone, and will be answered much quicker than on here.
If only people could stop getting into trouble...but then I wouldn't have a job, so... :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from AmandaEsq :
Good grief Dawn - please let me know if there's any way I can help you guys. Chicken soup? Oreos? Unpackaged seed? Dog biscuits?

I heard that cyber sales hit record highs this week - I do find it preferable myself and find (thought I haven't tried it) that you can order even household stuff online and have it delivered to your door without putting your hands on the shopping cart that someone's sick child drooooooled all over right before you had it. Ack.

Of course I wonder about whether all these individual shipments increase my carbon footprint (does it make more of an impact of UPS drives my package all over town before he delivers it to me or if I drive to the store myself and bring home the goods)?

The only thing I have relied on lately is ordering Snoopy's special Hill's prescription diet online because it actually costs less than it does at retail in the store AND I get free shipping if I hit the minimum amount AND now I have it on auto ship so I don't forget and Snoopy never runs out of food. How's that for a run on sentence?

O well. Heidi I can't imagine why you don't have my seed yet but really the only reason I shipped at all was to send that confederate rose on Cris' behalf. I will check to see if I have any more to send - and as I said - the package has not come back to me. So.

I hope everybody else enjoyed the purge! I'm only sorry you didn't get to partake in the MASSIVE amount of seed I shipped to Heidi - except somebody at the post office scooped it up, it being so awesome and all.

G'night.

Lol I still have dog treats I promised you, actually. You know I rarely turn down seed. ;) I will be ok....I think I overdid stuff today in attempts to catch up on chores. I failed, and I decided I have to be ok with that. Far as rest....I will survive. My asthma is a bit ticked off right now, so I am about to nebulize and go to bed. I hope. My blood sugars are a mess due to the prednisone.

The stuff we wanted could not be bought online. :( John pointed out we technically could have caught it later/at same time, but I probably got sick faster due to my asthma/diabetes. It is possible. I used to go from sniffle to bronchitis in two days, literally, before my allergies were under control. I do heal quickly for a diabetic, though....long as I slow down. Lol

Anyway, thanks for the sympathy, both of you. Heidi, I am glad you saw your UPS driver! I had one, a "stranger" at the time, try to call me to his truck in the dark b/c he was afraid of my 75-lb dog. I called UPS and let them have it. We immediately got a new driver and have had him (mostly) for years. He sees us quite often, knows where to leave stuff if I am not home, does not flinch when I am yelling at my dog to back off from the door or if she peeks at him....yeah, he is cool. Lol

On the bright side....I made up a new shopping list for seeds for when I order in a few weeks. Lololololol

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Where do you get a good deal on pet food online?
I had a package hacked into somewhere a long while ago of crochet squares...the "plain" square was left, and the two really ornate squares were gone. Great, huh? I love it how no one can tell you anything when you call the post office. It's like "Er, jammed on conveyor belt...dropped maybe torn...perhaps accident in transit". "Accident in transit"...yeah!

(Snort ) Uh huh.....yeah, right. Lol

You know, there is a train museum not far from me with an old mail car with real old mail, if I remember right. I always wonder if places like that is where the lost mail goes.

Ok, seriously, I need to get sleep. Does that even make sense?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

It found me...about 6 o'clock. The holiday runner woman wasn't running, lol! She waved at me to come to the truck. Ain't it her job to bring the package to me? I met her halfway. I know it was at the end of the day, but my driveway isn't long. And I was in my nightgown! Anywoo, I'm glad that's over.

:( Sorry about hubby...hopefully he won't be sick for long. Sorry about the friend, as well :( Hopefully the police can help catch whomever did it.

Thx. The weird thing is, the idiot thief bled into her house after breaking a window. Can we say DNA?! Can we also say EWWWWWWWW!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Mmm. Fortunately for me I haven't had any problems with the men and women in brown. Or yellow or blue.

Heidi - the place I'm ordering from is called Chewy.com

The prescription food is very expensive, so i just used a shopping search function online and they came back with the best price and shipping combined.

I also like a site called "Entirely Pets" which has crazy low prices on a lot of odds and ends for all kinds of critters which is helpful because I can order everything there in one place. They frequently have special sales and promo codes which they send out by email. There's a lot of little stuff when you have fish tanks, no so much the cats and dogs, sometimes equipment for the iguana's room. Bird seed (when I had mom's parrot I had another store I can't remember that had craaaazy low prices).

Anyway. Weird how today it's warmer outside than it's been in days/weeks and it feels colder inside somehow. :/

might be time to sleep.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks! I'll check those out. It's been low 70s here the past few days and it seems so hot! It's December...mother nature needs to cool down :-)

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I got seeds today!!!!! So excited!!! Thanks to everyone for sharing your bounty!

~*~(doing happy butt-dance)~*~

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Got my seeds - thanks Heidi!

Sue G

Jamestown, OH

I had fun last night opening my big, fat package of seeds! Thank you to all who filled requests for me and to Heidi for all her work on the trade.
Wish it was 70 degrees here in Ohio instead of the 4" of snow we got yesterday. Nothing like our weather to make me daydream of a nice garden in the spring and summer! A white Christmas is so pretty though.

Mary

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Enjoy, ladies!

It cooled down majorly today...I have the heater on. I've never had a white Christmas...it would be nice...if only once, lol!

South Florida, FL(Zone 10b)

Got my seeds.
Thanks much!

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Got my seeds yesterday. Thanks to all who participated :)

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Still waiting. Patiently though! They didn't go out yet did they?

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Yup, yours did. I'll message you.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

oops, looks like the post I made didn't get her.... Got my seeds, Thankyou all who contributed!!! Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

What a wonderful Santa Claus!!

St. Annaparochie, Netherlands

Thanks for the donations but unfortunately my seeds did not arrive :((

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh no, Flinter! That's terrible news.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Flinter..is there anything we or I can send to you? Let me know, cuz I can look and see if I have anything you might be looking for!

St. Annaparochie, Netherlands

Poisondartfrog was so generous to send my some seeds from my wantlist. This was the first time ever an envelop did not arrive. It is a little bit a dissapointment but not a big diasater. I hope i can join the swap next year.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Let me know if you decide you might like something she didn't have and I might... Would be happy to share...Postage to Euope would only be a few $$ so no worries...

Got scads of things already started for the season under lights now....Yeah, spring is just a few months away....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.