Hazelnuts

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

My hazelnut (filbert) bush is finally at least as tall as my head, and looks to have a good crop this year. I just picked 2 pods that were brown from limb damage, and the nuts are much larger than last year. The bush is now about 4 years old, maybe 5 because I forget when I planted that 10" tall seedling.

I'll try to remember to post pics of the harvest, assuming the squirrels don't get there first.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

darius do you think one could grow a Hazel nut tree from one of your nuts since they are fresh and if so would you be willing to share a few of your nuts to me if I paid you the postage for them?
I have always wanted to have a Hazel nut tree/bush whatever they are and we are in the same zone 5b except that I am up here in Michigan.
If so let me know send me a d-mail please and I understand if it is no just let me know.
Jan

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I have no idea if they'd germinate or not but willing to send you a few nuts anyway.My email is darius@2footalligator.com.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

I will send you a d-mail since my e-mail on my computer stopped working and thank you very much.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.