Day to remember

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Remembering....

Thumbnail by flowAjen
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Did the Moment of Silence this morning with tv audiences .

was surprised that when they showed the long shot of Manhattan with the almost completed memorial where the twin towers used to stand, I instinctively "ducked" and averted my eyes, seeing only the live feed 12 years ago of the second plane hitting.

Thanks for the thread Jen,

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

We (on the Coffee... and threads) have had lots of comments today about remembering where we were and how stunned on that day, just as we all remember what we were doing when the news of JFK's assassination aired.

I suppose my parents and grandparents felt that way about the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Remembering here too. I drive by the Pentagon in the early morning hours on my way in to work every day. Always have a moment of reflection when I pass by, especially on this day.

Darius, I was too young to remember the JFK assassination, but it was a life remembering event for my parents. They started watching the beginnings of the funeral procession on TV and then realized that they were close enough to witness it in person. They grabbed my brother (a few months old) and me (about 1 1/2 years old) and jumped in the car, so I was actually there.

This message was edited Sep 11, 2013 10:11 AM

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

My brother, a 'Nam Veteran, drove across the 14th street bridge soon afterwards and said the stench was awful.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I lived 30 miles away and we were getting the smoke over us. Hubby was on the fire dept then and was on stand by at a firehouse in Brooklyn covering for them while they were fighting the fires at the trade center

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I was at home with a PM-kindergarten child and his two siblings in elementary school. Mark called and said are you watching TV. I was chilled to the core. Many parents went to the school as quickly as they could to take their children home. I'm sure I can't imagine the feelings of the many who have a deeper personal connection to the event.

We visited Ground Zero last September, it is very moving, the pools are huge and deep.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2013 3:12 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

On the route I took to work you could look to your right and see the towers...so weird after that that there was just a big empty space

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.