Fall crops?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 58 votes:

I plant root crops and let them overwinter with mulch.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

I have enough season to plant lettuce and beans in the fall.
(15 votes, 25%)
Red dot

I plant more cold-hardy crops in the fall (brassicas, etc.)
(17 votes, 29%)
Red dot

No frost here, I garden year-round.
(5 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I'm south of the Equator and I'm planting spring crops!
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

I don't plant a fall garden.
(20 votes, 34%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I didn't vote as there was no 'other' box.

I do plant lettuce [Skyphos red butterhead] , spinach, and carrots. Mainly though I plant tillage type daikon radishes for a cover crop.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Getting ready to throw down my fall/winter veggie garden!

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

turnip greens for me. They will be planted, probably tomorrow.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Cold-hardy veggies and greens. Yum, love turnip greens, mustard greens, spinach, creasy greens, kale, chard, beets and beet greens. I'm sure I left out something.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i put in leaf lettuce and spinach over the weekend. i'll put some more in about 2 wks. from now. that will supply me with enough greens to last all through the winter (unless we get a really bad one)......sigh.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Still getting eggplant and okra, so fall veggies will wait a while. Maybe next month...still in the 90's here.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

We have mild winters, but blazing hot summers, so I'm planting many things that are summer crops elsewhere.

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

i have a bit of broccoli, carrots, lettuce, and kale going on here

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

I would have given melons a try again but it seems a bit late now (that was my mistake in spring). eggplants are usually very dependable. I never seem to stay away from cucumbers and zucchini - even though I know I haven't ever gotten a good crop.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

There wasn't a good option to select, I've never planted fall crops before but would like to. I just got a few lettuce plants to put in

Lake Helen, FL

This is the time of year locally to start things like beets, carrots, English peas, and of course, the noble collard. Cukes are good to put in containers that can be sheltered in the rare event of an early frost. I never had lettuce that didn't turn into a slugfest.

Lake Helen, FL

And here is the primocane of one of our native blackberries, which I kidnapped last summer:

Thumbnail by Reynardine
Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm waiting for the weather to get cool enough to sow some broccoli seeds.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mustard takes some heat , other greens have to have the cool , starting now might make a very short fall season this time .

Greensboro, AL

Reynardine: I am just learning now how noble the collard really is. Collards and kale are great healthy cruciferous vegetables to grow along with savoy cabbage and bok choy.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

They are both wonderful!!! I can hardly get enough of them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.