Surprise money!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you to whomever it was that sent a $10.00 bill in an envelope without a return address from Washington.

What a nice surprise!

If anyone knows who sent it, please Dmail me or post here. Thanks.

I've just been notified that someone gave me a gift subscription to DG. How delightful!

Thank you to two generous people!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Very nice gesture!

Yes, and the person did post and told me she gave me the subscription so I was able to thank her for her kindness.

There are 35 views on this thread yet no one has a clue as to who would send me the $10.00?

Please Dmail me if you think you know who it could be. Thanks!

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

That's because EVERYONE here is quite capable of having done that!
You must feel great, pirl, to have such a friend.

Hmmmmm .... now I am going off to think about who your secret admirer is. Not sure what forumz you hang out on.

A few people sent me Dmails suggesting who may have sent the money (to pay me for books they wanted, they asked for, I mailed but then they wouldn't pay the agreed postage of $8.00) so it isn't a case of having "such a friend". I have no way of knowing if that's true or if someone else saw the injustice of the person and sent the money.

Last week I received two fans of a tall bearded iris, Prague, directly from the iris farm. I wrote and asked them for the name of the person who sent them so I could thank them but they haven't responded yet.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Ah. I think I know who it is.
And she is to be commended for making good.

Only IF she sent it. I seriously doubt it.

When she refused to pay and I was astonished since she told me she'd pay right away, I asked her, "Are you telling me you won't pay me?", she flatly refused to pay saying,"Not only nope but (expletive deleted) no".

I really believe it had to be someone else that wanted to make things right.

My dear friend Zuzu sent the money! She just told me about it.

She sent me the money because she "...was appalled that anyone would cheat you so brazenly".

Mystery ended.

Thank you, Zuzu.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

So sweet! But I was loving the mystery too!

Zuzu is a treasure, no doubt about it.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am disappointed. I had hoped the other individual had stepped up to the plate.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Sharon! Well, at least it brought you around these partz.

"The individual" is what she iz.

I just wish that it had occurred to ME to send pirl 10 buckx!

Thanks, summerkid. I did enjoy the suspense while it lasted.

Sharon - I did too. We've all heard, "Thou shalt not steal", but obviously one person doesn't see it as stealing.

I appreciate the good thought, summerkid, but Zuzu came through even though it wasn't needed at all. Zuzu despises cheating of any kind and couldn't tolerate the hypocrite not paying the mere $8.00 she admitted she owed me.

Bless Zuzu!

Maybe this experience reinforces the Golden Rule or perhaps it serves a double purpose and also shows us the goodness in one person, Zuzu, as opposed to the dishonesty of "the other person".

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.