kinky hoses

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

I have purchased several dozen hoses over the last few years and invariably all have advertised they are 'kink proof'. Hah! All are hopelessly kinked in less than a few minutes... it's almost as if they are all made to kink. I do have one kinkless hose, but it came with the house I and have no idea what kind of hose it is. It literally can't be kinked, and it rolls up on the hose wheel flawlessly every time.. I wish I knew where to find hoses like that.. .certainly don't exist in garden outlets or nurseries. Someone suggested once it could be a fireman's hose. Looks the same size/diameter as all my other hoses, but it is a stiff rubbery material and it's red. I am willing to pay 3-5x as much as a regular hose costs, just so I don't have to keep tossing out kinked hoses (and subsequently ruined hoses, as they eventually spring a leak at the kinking spots). This kinkless hose i have came with the house, and though I have no idea how old it is, I suspect many years old... I have been in this house 9 years almost and it looked old then. I think the next longest a hose has lasted me is a couple years.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!