74 degrees at 12:30?

Phoenix, AZ

In August! And I'm stuck working :(

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

It maxed out at 89 today here in West Mesa.

Mesa, AZ

Gorgeous out here in the 'far East'! Rained a nice soft rain from 5:30am to about 10:00. The air smells fabulous and the high was 86. I believe tomorrow is supposed to be very close to the same. I will be home tomorrow!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Who would have thought that August could be so nice ?

Mesa, AZ

Was 70 on the patio this morning! Pouring rain woke me up at 4:15 and then it settled down and was a nice steady rain until about 6:00. Opened all the windows and doors and let that wonderful creosote bush smell inside the house. It did heat up to 99, but by then I had finished most of my outdoor work. Now the blast furnace will turn on again, 110 by next Wednesday! :(

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Couldn't it just even out at 100 degrees. I can take that. 110 is too much!

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

And to think I was complaining about it getting back into the 90's this week....

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Maxed out at 115 and currently 111; will Summer ever end??

Mesa, AZ

Give it 8-10 weeks and we will once again be able to truly enjoy our gardens! I always think of our summers as the equivalent of winter in the colder parts of the country. Those people curl up with seed catalogs and dream what they are going to grow when the snow retreats and the ground warms up. We stand at the window with a cold drink in our air conditioned houses, looking at our plants frying in the sun and heat, wondering what will still be alive when the heat retreats and the ground cools down..... and what we will plant in that spot!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

LOL Susie. You have hit it on the nose.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

You sure did Susie! Except I run around with a hose trying to save plants in the summer.

Gilbert, AZ

I agree with you Susie! I'm with you, Nancy, out in the heat giving plants supplemental water (have a drip system on a timer) when I know super hot days are coming up. I know I should get busy and get my garden area ready to plant for a fall garden but just can't get motivated in this heat! May be next week will be better!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.