Lets see some combinations!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Cytf, Love your stack of pots! Very cute idea!

Everybody has such pretty combo's and garden's. Love the Junipers.
Here are a few combo's from my garden.
Pic 1 Stella de oro and daisy's
Pic 2 South Seas daylily with White Swan Coneflower
Pic 3 Prairie Moonlight daylily with Crazy Daisy Shasta daisy
Pic 4 Back yard garden still in progress

Happy Gardening!

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Lovely photos, Scott, Pam and taylordaylily.

That second shot is so divine, taylordaylily, but I do love all of your combinations.

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you Scott, Pam and tylordaylilly for the photos. Every one is lovely. Maybe I should start a thread about BAD combinations!!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

This one's an accident, a study in green, white and lavender. Some seed-grown perennials are sleeping this year, so the accent colors didn't show up. I do love it though, so restful. Veronica icicle, Ecinacea White Swan, Nicotiana Alata Fragrant Cloud, Phlox David's Lavender, Liatris, Zinnia Envy, and my all-time favorite Nicotiana Langsdorfii.

Pic 2 is from another angle, with Phlox Purple Kiss, Saponaria between flushes, orange Tiger Lily, and Casablanca lilies in the background.

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg

Great work, Pam. It's nice and dreamy with nothing harsh to upset the soft look. LOVE how the Casablanca lilies stand out in the background!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Pirl, Thank You! Your pictures are beautiful. I love your lilies with the astilbe. All of your combo's are beautiful. I love astilbe it's one of my late spring favorites. I don't think mine are as pretty as yours.

Rteets, Thank You! I love your avatar. Very cute Westies!
You don't have any bad combo's to start a thread with. Your garden's are beautiful!

Pfg, Beautiful garden. I wish my accidents turned out so pretty and peaceful.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just breezing in to leave combos from this morning.

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Ge1836, Your very talented. Your garden portfolio is beautiful. Love your combo's!

I love this thread so many beautiful gardens! Thank You!

Athens, PA

Love the Ligularia, Jo Ann. How tall does that get? Is that phlox David? Mine has been blooming as well.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

these are my black eyed susan with blazing star and hydrangea, also 4 oclocks, caladium,salvia, sedum and impatients.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Carolyn: the ligularia is maybe 36 inches.The leaves are huge and look like lilypads.The plant is 3-4 feet across.

Not Phlox Davis but an early mini phlox Mini Pearl.This is second bloom.
Taylor,thanks.

Athens, PA

Nice Jo Ann- both plants are now on my want list.

How did the Midnight phlox do for you? The name escapes me, but I remember when you put them in? I lost mine - it never made it through the first winter.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I dont remember Midnight Phlox but I do have a struggling Mystique Black.
Out of 6 plants I have one living.Three stems this year,it sure doesnt increase as fast as other Tall phlox,
What I love about Black is the buds stay dark and unopened for a long time.
last image is the dark stage

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836

That is fabulous, Jo Ann! Love the variegated plant nearby. Stunning photos!

When does it start to bloom for you?

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Gorgeous colors and textures together!

Jo Ann is an artist and it shows in her gardens.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks gardeners.
The veriegated plant is a variety of Jacobs Ladder.
Well Duuhhhhh.I just checked all my posted BlackPhlox and they are all views of the bud stage.
Senior moment.I forgot to Pix when in full bloom.
I'll do that this AM when its light enough.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2013 4:27 AM

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The first images is this years bloom Mystic Black.
Second image was last years bloom.I guess my objection to this variety is it doesnt completely open all floweretts before the bloom gives up.

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I like this combo
Sedum Purple emperor and euphorbia BonFire

Thumbnail by ge1836
Athens, PA

Jo Ann - Mystic Black - that was the name of it. Sounds like yours is struggling as well. Perhaps another plant they rushed to market before they should have. Apparently I won't be replacing mine.

Lovely photos. I love the purpley color. I just received some purple sedum last year. Not sure what the name of it is, but I really love the color.

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

ge1386, what is the yellow lily in the last picture in the post from your back yard (the post from Aug 7 with the bear sculpture).

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

LAS: Those are Barutas OT's I believe creame with yellow centers.

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Here's a few from my yard
First are two colors of snapdragons together,
Cosmos, lobelia, moss rose
Canna lily, petunias, red bud tree
Down by my mulch pile a sunflower thought it might be a nice place to seed itself.....don't know what the orange bushy stuff is, but loved the combo

Thumbnail by kantzklan Thumbnail by kantzklan Thumbnail by kantzklan Thumbnail by kantzklan
Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

The orange bushy stuff looks like jewel weed. Good, I'm told, to rub on poison ivy rashes. It's taken over our goldenrod field. All the rain, I think.

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I think it is kind of pretty, growing along our creek.

Brooklyn Park, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's a couple of my favorite combos from the garden.

Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez

couple more

Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez

last ones for now

Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez

lol now I'm done lol good night

Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez Thumbnail by queenbeez
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Wow, what a garden! Even with color-coordinated birdhouses and feeders!
Really quite remarkable! Thanks for the garden tour!

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I just want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. The combinations are stunning and so imaginative! To say I'm inspired is an understatement! I will be looking at this thread all winter for ideas. I wish I could visit each of your gardens in person and sit down with a cup of tea (or a beer if it's hot) and talk about gardening...
Robin

Thumbnail by rteets
Edinboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I've been inspired by all the photos to post a few more. What beautiful gardens you should all be so proud! I toured a garden yesterday with my club and what a beauty.....it was very planned out and lovely....unlike mine which is "Here's a seed lets plant it and see if it grows!" Then I don't mark it and can't remember what it is. Thnk goodness for plant id in this site.. Sun is finally out here gotta go!

Thumbnail by kantzklan Thumbnail by kantzklan Thumbnail by kantzklan Thumbnail by kantzklan Thumbnail by kantzklan
Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Kantzklan
Lovely pictures. Makes me wish the season was just starting instead of just ending!
Robin

Dahlias and coleus are so gorgeous right now!

Thumbnail by pirl
Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

I Have been checking out the combos and they are inspiring, always. I'm Enjoying seeing the combinations. I find myself looking through books-too- for great ideas and sometimes making notes of ones I should try. Will share some of my garden combos, too:

Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654

They are all beautiful. That tulip photo is magnificent.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Those are stunner gardens,thanks for sharing.

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

That's a lovely garden! Beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.