peach tree problems

Sevierville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hello to all. I have 2 peach trees that my wife grew from seeds ( Froze peaches- tossed pits) from local peach orchards. last year had some and were tasty but buggy. This year I sprayed with Bonide orchard spray at bud breack and bud open. The peaches- lots of them- started to grow, some grew, some stayed small in different sizes. later they got moldy and I notices the leaves curling lengthwise. Pictures were taken 7-31-13. It doesn't look like"peach leaf curl" but I can't find anything on the net like it. Do need help....Joe

Thumbnail by bigdaddie Thumbnail by bigdaddie Thumbnail by bigdaddie Thumbnail by bigdaddie
SW, AR(Zone 8a)

bacterial spot?

Vista, CA

Holes may be from Coryneum blight, or shothole disease, but holes are much closer on mine, when i get that.

Mold on peaches and leaf curl may be caused by Downy Mildew or Black mold. I get leaf curl like that from downy mildew, and bonide should stop that, but mildew does not make holes in my leaves.

Ernie

Hummelstown, PA(Zone 6b)

leaf rolling is caused by potassium deficiency.

The holes are likely alternaria, or may be bacterial canker or bacterial spot. I would spray the trees with copper and make sure potassium fertilizer is sufficient.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.