Nurseries

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I know folk here have recommended some specific PNW nurseries, cuz I read it. But I've been trying to read everything written (here) since the dawn of time, so I have no idea where here I read said recommendations! Aarghh.

Anyone care to help a gal out? Thanks :~)

Turtle

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Turtle, try opening the Garden Watchdog tab, then plug in your zip code to get a list of nurseries close to you. From there I believe you can also see the reviews.

All of these big web sites can get overwhelming at times...

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Are you looking for local nurseries to visit (I can't help)or on line ones to order from (I do have favorites in the PNW I can recommend).
One I can definitely recommend is ForestFarm, near Grant's Pass. I would guess it is about 2 hours south of you. I would love to visit, they have an amazing catalog. It might be a really fun day trip for you.
There is a search function in DG you might play with, it seems to be limited to one term, but you CAN limit the forum(s) it will search. I find it very helpful when I have one of those "dawn of time" memories of something in here I want to look at again.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

You know, Turtle, you are only 2 hourz from me. You should come visit.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Woo hoo; I"m all for visiting! Any chance Rose Lodge is near Grant's Pass?

These are all helpful ideas, thanks folks.

I'm hoping to find a tree for a very big container basically in the middle of tarmac with some south and east protection. How's that for specific lol?

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I've never been to either of these, but their websites look interesting: Cistus Nursery, near Portland on Sauvie Island. Greer Gardens near Eugene. I don't know how they are rated, anything about plant quality, and they might be pricey, but looks like selection of plants is amazing.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

What about Colvos Creek Nursery? They are on Vashon and seem to have a huge variety.
I am planning on trying them out soon.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Hello, yadavgard, I see you are form my area. I love Colvos Creek Nursery, and have gotten many great plants form them...natives, interesting perennials, trees, etc. Colvos Creek used to have their greenhouses and retail operation across the street form me. Later they moved to The Country Store and Farm for plant sales, but since Vi has entered the nursing home, they moved out of that location and don't currently have a daily sales location. I think they sell at many events though. I bet you could call if you wanted to pick some things up directly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.