Midsouth Fall RU At Jim's house, sign up and discussion

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Jim has graciously supplied his home and beautiful gardens for yet another fall RU , his home is located at 9212 Woolsey road, Olive branch, MS .

Date of the Fall RU will be Saturday October 5th At Jim's house in Olive Branch.

I won't be forgetting to let everybody know that you Will want to bring a door prize!! We will be exchanging door prizes!

It's a convenient and perfect place for us to gather, not far for those who are in Miss, Lousiana, TN and of course ARkansas.

I'll make other threads for food and a swap list.

Kenny
Jim
Kathy_ann
Charlotte
Sandra
Terrye
Marilyn & Al
Crissy (not sure she can make it)
RJ BOHL
Deborah Carter
Loretta
Kim
Mary Davidson & Lisa
Trish

This message was edited Jul 18, 2013 6:46 PM

This message was edited Jul 23, 2013 12:11 PM

This message was edited Jul 23, 2013 12:12 PM

This message was edited Jul 27, 2013 12:21 PM

This message was edited Sep 13, 2013 8:41 PM

This message was edited Sep 13, 2013 8:42 PM

Ripley, MS

I plan on coming--God willing !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sounds great!!! Plan to be there! Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Ripley, MS

Oh gee, I forgot about the creek, Charlotte!!! Add that to mine too---LOL !

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Me, me, me

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Me me me me too!!!!!!!

Booneville, MS

Me. too, if my new grandbaby gets here in time! lol

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I'll be there :)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've not been keeping tabs on this. Yikes. I'll come here in the morning and update this. Looks like we might have a good turn out.

I'm a maybe, have to see what work is like, I'm part time at Hobby Lobby in Fayetteville and hoping to go full time here pretty soon.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I sure hope to be there! So many changes going on here I can't say anything for certain!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I answered on FB and said we will be there. Still planning on it if, as Sandra and Charlotte said, "the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise"!
Around here if the creek (or rather, the lake) makes it all the way up to our house, we will all be in trouble! LOL

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I am planning to attend, at least that's the plan for now.....

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Whew! I thought I was going to have to cancel until I came back here and checked on the date again. Last year it was in September and I couldn't remember for sure what the date is for this year. I have something on the 21st of September, and the 28th and 29th of September so I am really relieved that this is in October. Hooray!

P.S. I bought the door prize today. It is really cute and I may decide to keep it myself, LOL, or I can always pick my own prize like Terrye did at Kathy Ann's if nobody picks it before it is my turn. :D

This message was edited Aug 5, 2013 5:12 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I know what you mean Marilyn..... I had to text Jess the other day to see if that was OBU's homecoming and therefore Tiger Tunes..... thankfully, that is the next weekend!!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Wish I could attend, but alas, there is an MSU football game that day.
Ken Ramsey, MMG

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, you all can stop wondering what my door prize is going to be (I know you were awake all night wondering about it---ROFL) I left it out on the carport and the wind blew it over during our rainstorm last night and broke it! :( I will probably buy another one but this time I will buy one for me and one for the door prize. :D

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sorry to hear about your storm Marilyn..... and the door prize. Hope you are able to find another since you liked it so well. I need to be on the look out for one whenever I get out of town. We just don't have anything here!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

When I wrote my post above, I was not even aware that a huge oak tree had been uprooted and fallen across our driveway. I posted more pics on FB.

Here are a couple of pics:

This message was edited Aug 8, 2013 7:50 PM

Thumbnail by marsue Thumbnail by marsue
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh my! Sorry you lost such a majestic tree! That ought to take care of your need for firewood for the winter!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

It definitely will, Genna! LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad the tree was not close to your house. It took me several months to get all the debris picked up from the damage we had this winter! Don't know what I would have done without a neighbor with a chainsaw.

Oh my! Well I just took a full time job with House of Webster so I don't know if I'm going to make it or not, I'll be too new to take any time off. If y'all don't know what House of Webster is, I'll just say there goes my diet!! They have a website, http://www.houseofwebster.com.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I think I could get into working there lol. Maybe ican still make it. It's still down the road a bit.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I think anybody that's lived in Arkansas for awhile knows about the House of Webster!! Good stuff! Glad you got a full time job Christine but hope you can work it out so you can make it to Jim's. Also good to hear from you! Hope life is treating you good!

Thank you! I didn't know what it was so before the interview I googled it and said Oh my!! Life is treating me good, I'm finally getting my life back together and things are looking up! I start with Webster on the 16th and I'm going to work at Hobby every other Saturday until November then I'll work every Saturday through the new year then I'll let it go. Joel got a job the same day I did, almost at the same time, and he starts in October, then we can start living again.

I'm thinking about taking that Saturday off from Hobby and driving out after work that Friday night, but it depends on Joel and what he wants to do and what his hours are, and more importantly when he starts working. I keep forgetting I'm 7 hours away instead of 3 1/2 and Joel actually cares about what I'm doing lol I'm not used to that!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've never heard of
House of Webster before.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Me, either, Kathy Ann, and I lived in Arkansas from birth until I met Al. ;) (except for 15 months in Kansas City back in 1963-64.) It looks like they have a nice assortment of good things to eat!

Christine, so glad to know you found a job, and Joel did, too! Congratulations! Sure hope you can make it to the RU!

This message was edited Sep 9, 2013 7:39 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Can't believe you all haven't heard of House of Webster! They make jellies, jams, etc, etc. They do a big gift basket business. Have a catalog. I'm sure on line catalog now. It is also sold in lots of specialty stores. I used to get something as a gift at Christmas from the House of Webster almost every year. They've been in business for years - based in northwest AR I decided to look it up for you. Here is the link. Highly recommend their stuff!

http://www.houseofwebster.com/

Y'all must try something from House of Webster...granted I was a very poor college student the last time I had some of their goodies but I thought everything was fantastic!

Crissy, I am so happy for you! You deserve a great life! If you cannot make it to Jim's, I hope you will be able to come to the Christmas luncheon.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I remember seeing their items in a few shops but never realized they were Arkansas based. Happy for you Christine! Didn't know you had a new man in your life, but happy he has found a job as well and good that he cares what you are involved in.

Went to Magnet Cove this afternoon and met the plant manager and asst at the facility there and a couple of the other workers. They all seemed very nice, but it will be a LOT different from what i am used to. All their terminology is different because it is a different plant - and they do almost everything on computer while we still do a lot of paper transactions too. Although when I went to work there the only thing the former office manager did on the computer was play solitaire. LOL I have moved almost everything to computer - but somethings have had to remain paper or have a paper copy too. They are also getting a new asset management software starting in the new year which is why they have decided they need me there for the start of that.......... Just please keep praying. It will take a literal miracle for us to get our stuff done here and get our house sold that quickly!! I am really not expecting to accomplish that by january ....so trying to have a back up plan. Haven't managed to come up with that yet though.
I do have until November to decide whether or not I am taking the position or taking my chances where I am......... leaning heavily toward the move, but not 100% yet.

Had planned to definitely attend the RU - but since our weekends are pretty full trying to get things done, not sure we will have it all finished here by then. If we are close enough that we can stick a for sale sign out front, i will be there. If not, I will have to stay here and keep working at it!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I had looked it up online even before you posted that link, Charlotte. They have a very wide assortment of things. I might have to try some of their products.

Genna, you certainly have a lot on your plate right now! Sure hope everything works out for you and Leigh to your satisfaction.

Yes, I am up at 4 am, I can't sleep, good thing I don't work tomorrow!

Thank you everyone!! I'm going to be selling their products so let me get in there, I start on Monday, and find out how I'm going to be selling this and y'all can buy from me!!

A lot of people didn't know I had met someone, met him during the divorce so we were friends until the divorce was over, then I found out he was serious! He kept bringing up someone so I thought he had a girlfriend, turns out she is a long time family friend LOL!!! I wanted to move up to NW AR to be closer to my dad, he was moving up here in early spring so I just decided to stick with him, life is easier with someone and if your single you have to work two jobs to just pay the bills and I'm tired of that.

Genna that is a huge decision! How exciting for you!

Well I'm going to go back to bed and see if I can sleep this time. I hate it when this happens, I slept really good from 10pm to 3am, then woke up wide awake so decided to just get up. gggrrrrrr

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad you found someone Christine. When I was in banking lots of banks gave House of Webster products as corporate gifts. I'm sure lots of other businesses give gifts. When I had my store I sold a lot of gift baskets with food products at Christmas. One of of my customers was an investment adviser. He would give me a list of clients and a dollar amount he wanted to spend and I would put together baskets and deliver them. Good luck in your new job! I'm sure you will do well!

Olive Branch, MS

Hi, everyone. Can't wait to see everyone!!
I was waiting to see what the doctors have lined up for Jim, but it appears that whatever we decide on will in interfere with the Round-up.

We've not potted alot, but if there's something you know we have and want let me know and I'll try to dig it if there's enough

Ripley, MS

Do you need to cancel, Kenny ?

Olive Branch, MS

NO the show goes on!!!
It will be mid-October now if he has anything done.

Kenny, if the yellow ajuga returned this year, I would really like some...I know there will be plenty of EEs, even if they are not potted, we will dig and carry ;o))

Ripley, MS

I thought you said it will interfere---I guess you are still under the influence of too much wedding!
LOL

Olive Branch, MS

Sandra, LOL I typed that but meant WANT. All is a go with the swap so BE HERE.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.