I am in Baltimore

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

As far as I know I will be here until Aug 10. After this coming weekend David and I should be pretty much free.
We are here for several reasons one of which to sell his dads belongings at an estate sale this weekend. Hope to be back on here to see replies this evening. Hugs to all my sweet friends in this area. :)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome to our area! Good luck at the estate sale - never easy!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome to Maryland!! Go TERPS!!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hope the sale goes smoothly this weekend!

Joyanna and I really enjoyed seeing you and meeting David! She is so excited about your being engaged... I think she has your wedding all planned in her head LOL, although she still says she will be the "wedding girl" and I can be "the mother of the bride," so that could be interesting!

We need to have a party! Our family 3 ring circus comes to an end (or at least a pause!) next week, so maybe August 3 or 4? Sandy, would either of those dates work for you & David? Anybody else? Details to be arranged... we'll think of some silly fun!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi. I hope the sale goes well and that Baltimore treats you nicely in general! We got some Texas style heat for you...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I personally love the idea of a party ....

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome to Baltimore. We will trade blue crabs for your stakes ;o)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Jill either of those dates are fine. A party wow!!! Well a wedding has to b postponed until at least Oct. But tell Johanna maybe I could borrow her pin and that would be something borrowed and something blue :)
We had a great time with you and the "Sunshine Girl". David was honored to meet you and Joyanna. It was a magical day. Can't wait to see you again!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hoping the sale goes well for you. Never an easy thing, settling an estate. Enjoy your time in 'Balmer'

Crossville, TN

Congratulations on your engagement...I've gotten behind in the news from my friends here since I have been sorta under the weather for a few months, but am back to my old silly self again~!

I must locate pictures of our "Sunshine Girl" to she how much she has grown. Jo

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Jill lmk as I am winding down mentally and physically and Not sure If we can make it to the 10th. Working with these people is like pushing a dead elephant with 2 broken arms wow!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Can you make it 'til Sunday, August 4? The Iris Society picnic is on the 3rd, and I'm going to go if I can.

We could get together here (my house), or we could all meet mid-afternoon for a drink and a snack at E.W. Beck's, a place a friend of mine found in Sykesville that has a fabulous "colossal" crab cake sandwich. http://www.ewbecks.com/food That might be a good "meet in the middle" location... ?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ugh -- I probably can't make it on the 4th but I'll try!

This message was edited Jul 21, 2013 9:19 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hmm, maybe we could do something Saturday evening instead, after the Iris Society picnic? I think the location is just north of Baltimore, and the "party part" of the picnic starts at 1... that would let me get back home before 6 or get to a location like Sykesville by 5, I'm sure.

Who would be free on Saturday, Aug. 3?

This message was edited Jul 22, 2013 12:28 AM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

August 3 works for me, and later in the day is great because I have tons of yard work I need to do! You might want to put a note on the "After" thread for Jan's spring swap, or on the Yardening thread, because not everyone may be watching this thread. On the other hand, you may want to keep it on the small side....

This message was edited Jul 22, 2013 9:41 AM

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I can make it till then. Wouldn't want to keep on small side as I love meeting DGers and know some from here. Jill where ever you want it to be. :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, I know we've been up in the air about this for a week, but Sandy & David have been having a rough time getting everything tied up on this end. Last night, though, she said that she'd love to get together around noon with whomever might be available.

I think Sykesville would be a good meetup location -- sorta between Frederick & Baltimore & Silver Spring / DC Beltway. I met good friend there a couple months back, and we tried out and liked a pub-type restaurant called EW Beck's.

I'll try to get there before noon to procure a table. If you might be able to join us, please let me know so I know our approximate number. Thanks!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I wish I could, but we are going on a family walk somewhere, though the location is yet undecided. Have a wonderful lunch!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

We are not going To be able to meet today. Jill suggested maybe Wednesday at her home. Anyone available possibly wed?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I hope nobody tried to meet us there at noon! Bluespiral & her DH & I did make it there eventually, but it must have been more like 2:30, I think. We had a wonderful, relaxed, rainy afternoon together!

Yes, I think Wednesday sounds good... either here in Frederick, or if Sykesville (I'm open to other suggestions too!) sounds like a more central location, we could meet at EW Beck's. I could do without their many TVs, but it's a comfortable atmosphere, and good golly do they know how to make a crab cake!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Jill it was noobiwgardener u was thinking of. Sent email but no linger a member :(. Don't know if you have her number
hugs

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I haven't been able to get in touch with her since she left DG... I think she moved around that time, also.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm so sorry to have missed you all, and Bluespiral too!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Wow Jill I hate to hear that. We are trying to stay to see you again and David's sweet step mother in law. She is out of town till Wed. Since all sales are over, no TV to watch so growing tired of being away from home. We left Texas around June 20th and stayed really busy. We flea marketed today and found a few things. Hate to return to the heat but it is home. Holding Tues. For you and Joyanna. Let me know if there are plans for a get together Wednesday as we may head home Thursday or Friday. Wanted to stay for our reunion sat but not sure we will make it that long :) it seems so far away

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I sympathize with the itch to get back home, but don't skip that reunion -- you've both been looking forward to it! Be tourists... go down to the Inner Harbor or a local garden/arboretum.

Do you like antique shops as well as flea markets? New Market is fun for browsing, as is the old part of Frederick (I love the Emporium on a rainy day, as it covers most of a block, 100's of stalls under 1 big roof). I'm sure there are good areas to explore in Baltimore, too, it's just not my neck of the woods.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Jill can you tell me where those places are and if they are open during the week. We love both flea markets and antique stores.thanks :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Google "antiques New Market MD" and you'll get a list of stores... I don't remember what weekday most of the places there are closed, although it's likely Monday.

These are 2 of my favorite places in Frederick: http://emporiumantiques.com/ (open 7 days/week)
http://www.frederick.com/cannon_hill_place-sp-801/ (closed Monday)

You could make more of a day of it (or an afternoon, anyway) on Wednesday... Cannon Hill is open until 5, Emporium is open until 6... If I'm caught up enough I can join you for a bit of a browse also, or you can just swing by here afterwards. We can do something easy for dinner, like pizza.

If you can't make it out this week, that's OK too... we did have a wonderful day together earlier! Just LMK. :-)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ilove Jesus---

You can also do a trip to Druid Hill Park and visit the amazing
"Rawlings Conservatory"...They have 3 themed Greenhouses
(Tropical--Mediterranean--and Cactus House) plus an amazing
"Orchid Room" and the 5 story tall, all glass, Palm House.

For a small donation--you can spend hours there.
They also have beautiful gardens outside--everything well tended
by volunteers. People hold weddings and other functions there all the time...

Besides "Rawlings"--the Baltimore Zoo is just a stones throw away too.
All in the same Park. Very close to Downtown as well.

http://bcrp.baltimorecity.gov/Facilities/HowardPetersRawlingsConservatory.aspx

http://www.marylandzoo.org/visitor-information/hours-ticketing/

Gita

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Jill and gita we are going to do New Market today and Frederick tomorrow :) If anyone would want to join us it would be great. Jill we will come by and Pizza sounds great!!!
I am posting my phone here but will remove it in a few days if this phone will let me.
281-917-2161 Maybe anyone who could meet us even at a restaurant like McDonalds for a coke and conversation.would be great

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK! My schedule for Wednesday afternoon, then: 11:30 am cleaners come, 12:30 to 3:30 Pump It Up with Joyanna & neighbors, 4 to 6 maybe try to meet up with Sandy & David for a browse...

6:30 - 9 pm PIZZA PARTY AT CRITTER'S ! (Wednesday 8/7)

If you can swing by, please let me know. :-)

Sandy, if you & David need a mid-day silly break, come on up to Pump It Up and play with the kids! (No charge for chaperones)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Darn phone :) Since you have found us things we like to do I am sure we will be here till sat.
The greenhouses sound amazing. Going to do New Market today. I am really excited.
Anyone text or call me and we can catch up with you :) would absolutely love to meet more Dgers

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Does anyone have any black walnut seedlings? My friend wants 1or 2 if we can find them. No success so far either they don't sell them or out for the season :(

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Met with Jill, Jim and our Sunshine Girl last night. We went to CiCi's Pizza and had a wonderful time. Johanna is just that a complete Joy. David and I both love them so much. Jill and Johanna showed us the beautiful flowers they are making from glass dishes. Wow I bought things to make them but never thought about using the larger bowls. They are Gorgeous!!!
Jill don't forget to search DG for the tin man. He is absolutely wonderful.
Thanks for dinner and Great company. Hope the hugs hold me to next time :)
Love you all so much!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

We did our best to load you up with hugs! What a fun evening. :-)

I love David. The two of you are just so right together!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.