Summer BBQ's, Fresh Berries and Lemonade!!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Making tomato soup from an Ina Garten recipe. Thinking about starting my jamming for the year with black currant jam. Last year I made black current liquor with them and vodka. It is the best with lemonade!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

oooh, black currant lemonade with vodka! that sounds delish!!!!!!!!!!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

It IS!

Thomaston, CT

Celebrating 3 birthdays at my house tomorrow....I bought roast beef, will throw some potatoes in the oven & a squash casserole....sister is bringing a salad, brother, an ice cream cake......can't fuss anymore!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sounds yummy!! Happy triple birthdays!

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Jan.....can't believe my baby is turning 39 tomorrow!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heheh,, I know, my oldest will be 39 in Nov. I don't know how that happened. I remember when I thought 39 was OLD!!! By, did I learn fast how wrong that was.

Thomaston, CT

Yes, my range has shifted upwards!

Thomaston, CT

Isn't anyone cooking? I baked boneless chicken breasts (skin on) yesterday, then boiled down cider & maple syrup & drizzled that over the chicken.....served it with apple stuffing.....nice fall dish.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Nope!!! Heehee. Went to a buffet on Saturday with friends out in PA. Then yesterday a covered dish picnic. Tonight leftovers.

That sounds good!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

burgers tonight

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Made a sausage/pepper/noodle dish that was very satisfying, even though I freely substituted ingredients (italian instead of chicken sausage, commercial not homemade noodles).

http://www.examiner.com/article/chicken-sausage-peppers-and-homemade-noodles?CID=examiner_alerts_article

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

thinking I need to start a fall food thread, but don't have time right now

Thomaston, CT

Mmm.....sausage dish sounds very good! Thanks, Jen...if I knew how to do it, I would!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

new thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1337243/#new

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.