Summer BBQ's, Fresh Berries and Lemonade!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here.... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302989/

I love this time of the year for the 3 things above! Fresh berries for breakfast...who could ask for more?

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

pizza last night

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love pizza.

Thank you, RD

One of the perks for my DIL's job is membership at a golf club. Went to dinner there. On Wednesdays in your birth month you get a complimentary meal. DS got a filet that looked great. I had a grilled asparagus salad and meat loaf. I LOVE a good meat loaf. DIL had eggplant raviolis. And Jeff had their pork chop special. It was probably 2" thick. Yummy!

Thomaston, CT

It all sounds yummy! Thanks, Pixie, for the new thread......Old Barn Farm opened for the season yesterday & I picked a quart of blueberries....awesome, I've been snacking on them, so I'll have to go up & pick some more soon. The girls helped a bit, but not too enthusiastic.....I'm sure that will be their job in a few years.....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we had pizza tonight too

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

meatball stew tonight

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

pizza :)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jan, sounds good...I like the sound of those eggplant raviolis, never had that

wow, so many had pizza

tacos here with venison meat

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

As usual, birds snuck under the netting around the blueberry bush and ate all the berries, even before they ripened, so I had to get some from a farm stand. I'm thinking seriously of ripping out the berry bushes.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yay, RD!!

Wish I had asked her for a bite.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

festival food tonight.

Thomaston, CT

Well, Don, if you ever get to Goshen, Old Barn Farm is opened every day except Monday....usually a nice breeze is coming off of Tyler Lake.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Here was our dessert at lunch shared by 10 people and we still had leftovers

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Don - It is a good deed to feed the birds! I have a pair of cardinals that eat from my bushes except for the bush with large berries. The berries must be too big for them to handle - so I get most of the big ones and some of the little ones. Someone nearby has his blueberries in a chicken wire cage that is maybe 5' tall - in his front yard! I keep trying unfamiliar fruit in hopes the birds don't recognize them. So far only my Fuyu persimmons and medlars are safe. I never got a single elderberry last year so I might put organdy bags over the heads this year as I love elderberry jelly.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

For the first time, I have put pots of blueberries near my house, growing on the deck. So far the birds haven't attacked, but it's not a very large crop.

Thomaston, CT

Jen, quite a cake!

Thomaston, CT

Is everyone living on salads & smoothies? Have not cooked in a week!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lots of salad, fruit bowls, sandwiches

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

ditto that. Also some late night out door grilling for veggies and meat.

Thomaston, CT

Went to my own doc yesterday....after looking at hospital tests, he assures me I do not have a kidney infection, I have a gastric virus going around....He said, "No dairy, carbonation, no acidic, spicy, or fatty foods." OK....I'm eating cereal with almond milk.....cannot think of another food except plain rice or pasta, or plain lettuce or cukes.....some fruit. Any suggestions?

This message was edited Jul 20, 2013 9:35 AM

Steak.

Thomaston, CT

Too fatty. Made myself a veggie soup with veggie broth & rice....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Baked beans, omelet, my all time favorite...dropped egg on toast. :)

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Pastrami, salad, and Mac&cheese, freely adapted from Martha Stewart's recipe (even threw in some chopped jalepeno!) .

Thomaston, CT

Am managing....had pasta...OK, I added butter, applesauce for dessert. Also had a smoothie with almond & coconut milk....did add a few tsps of yogurt.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lots of veggies and fruit, pasta, rice, breads, chicken, fish, turkey
Recommend taking dandelion root, will kill off the bad bacteria in your system

Thomaston, CT

That's a new one for me, Jen. However, I do like dandelion salads!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Helped me get over that intestinal thing going around last year
Got it in pill form at the Organic supermarket here in town, but they also have it on Amazon

Thomaston, CT

Thanks!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

County Fair food...YUM! Pulled pork, zepoles, popcorn and ice cream

What are zepoles?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

OOps, missed a 'P' spelled zeppoles

They are a deep fried dough(kinda like funnel cake) but in a ball type shape and then covered in powdered sugar http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/zeppole-recipe/index.html

holy cavity!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have them maybe once a year so it's all good!!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

same idea as a DOUGH BOY

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Been craving fried dough

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Buy a can of Pillsbury biscuits , take one biscuit and cute it into 4's....drop into hot oil and then roll in powdered sugar or however you like them. Fried dough!!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I do it with thawed frozen bread dough, mmm

Thomaston, CT

It all sounds good!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Went to Longhorns for dinner...whew I am stuffed

their grilled pound cake with fresh blueberries and strawberries with whipped cream is AWESOME!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.