Lizard explosion!

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Is anyone else experiencing an explosion of lizards this year? I mean about 4X more than usual!

On the other hand I have not seen even one gecko.

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have seen only a couple of lizards here. Babies. Which is more than I usually see though. Haven't seen geckos here in a long time either. Has it been too warm or too dry? I used to have geckos all over the place. I miss them. Glad to have a few lizards though. NW Phoenix.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Got lots o' lizards as usual for this time of year. However, between the birds and the older lizards most of them won't last long. It's like a backyard version of Wild Kingdom out there. Got no Gecko's :-(....other than that green chap with the funny accent.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am loaded with leapin' lizards this year. Big fat adults and now zillions of babies.

I know the geckos were invasive and considered a bad thing, but I used to have a lot and now zippo. Maybe the lizards ate them!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I've got a few lizards and still have geckos, despite the cat's best efforts to present each and every one to me as a gift.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I find geckos in places that are dark and a little damp but not as many on the ceiling of the patio, and fewer lizards this year, but we have tons of birds and I suspect they have lizard lunches.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I found this online about the M. geckos:
"Breeding might occur year-round in Arizona. Each adult female lays up to 3 clutches of 2 hard-shelled eggs per year. Eggs are often laid in communal nests."

Maybe something has developed a taste for the nests or maybe there has been a parasite/disease. Not very many eggs per female, eh? My tortoises lay 4 times that!

Phoenix, AZ

My lizards are all tail-less due to Zoey the destroyer of lizard tails.

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I just rescued another tail-less gecko from the cat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.