plant identification

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Hi PNWs: I've posted pics of a yellow "wildflower" that is growing along the highway here on the central Oregon coast. No one has been able to identify it yet, and thought maybe someone in this group could. Here's the link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1323865/#post_9590923

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Hi Lynn! That is definitely an Oenothera, as mentioned on that thread. It sprouts up here & there in my garden. Always welcome.

Didn't want you to feel ignored!

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Thanks summer! I pulled one out of the ground on the highway and planted it in my yard. Hope it takes off.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

If it doesn't, Lynn, I'll harvest some seed for you.

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Thanks summerkid. We just drove through Rose Lodge last night on our way home from Portland, not that it means anything. :-)

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

omigosh omigosh omigosh! You were 1.8 miles from my house & didn't want to stop by?! O please don't do that again.

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Well, it was at almost 1am, I didn't think you'd be up for visitors.....next time I'll try to plan it better!

This message was edited Jul 18, 2013 3:31 AM

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Oh, I was still up, trust me.
It really would be lovely to meet you.

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Are you a nightowl like me? I'm up until dawn almost every night.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Yes, have alwayz had terrible sleep issues, my big cross to bear in this life. Hope that is not you!

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Insomnia runs in my family. I don't think of it as a cross to bear anymore, because I don't have to get up early anymore, at least for the time being. My husband is retired and we just consider it our alternative lifestyle. It's much more pleasant in the summer when it stays light until 10pm, in the winter sometimes I barely see the sunlight!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.