"JACKSONVILLE GARDENER" Jeremy

Jacksonville, FL

Just talked to our DG pal, Jeremy Wayne Lucas. Jere had surgery Tuesday and darned if he isn't in good spirits for someone to be laying in the hospital with a couple dozen tubes and wires connected to him. He hasn't been able to post on DG for a while, all his energy is going to fight his health problems. He told me to tell all of his gardening friends that he hasn't seen the white lights yet! If any of you folks would like to call him and wish him well, his hospital room phone number is 904-308-3435. I know he'd enjoy hearing from any of you, especially if you talk plants.

Charlie

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for posting here

High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

Charlie, thanks for keeping us updated!

Just read on FB that he is going home tomorrow!!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Yeah!!!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This thread was a very kind thing to do Charlie, and while I do not know, or ever have talked to Jeremy, and would not call;...I was inspired to say a prayer as a result of this message. It is good to hear things are looking up, and Jeremy is blessed to have friends like you and Yolie.

David

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I just found Jeremy's past threads under Jax Gardener and he is still updated on DG subscription, so will hope he can join us again soon and share. Lots of great threads there Jeremy!

Thank you,

David

This message was edited Jul 8, 2013 7:05 PM

He is a great guy and has a large store of knowledge

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

AMEN WREN.
LOOKING FOREWARD TO HIM BEING BACK WITH US AGAIN.

EYE SURGERY TOMORROW MORNING. HOPE I DO BETTER THAN LEFT EYE. SAY A PRAYER PLEASE.
BONNIE

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I will say a prayer for you tonight, Bonnie - keep us posted.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

EYE SURGERIES ARE OVER WITH AND DOC. SAYS THEY ARE HEALED BY I STILL HAVE PAIN RI RI EYE BUT HE SAYS ITS DRY EYE SYNDROM SO GUESS I'LL LIVE WITH BLINK DROPS FOR LONG TIME BUT THATS OK.

TALKED WITH JEREMY A FEW NIGHTS AGO. SOUNDED WEAK & TIRED BUT AFTERALL HE IS GONG TO HYPERBARIC CHAMBER FOR 90 MINS. EA. DAY AND THATS GOT TO BE ROUGH. WILL WAIT ANOTHER WEEK AND CALL HIM AGAIN AND TRY TO KEEP HIS SPIRITS UP. HE'S A FIGHTER WHICH IS WONDERFUL.

GOOD HEALTH TO ALL AND HAPPY GARDENING
BONNIE

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.