Roundup at nutsfordalily's house

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey everyone, I know this is short notice, but I've been so busy. I'm hosting a roundup plant swap at my place on July 13, 2013, from 11 a.m. until whenever. We'll we swapping plants and having a potluck luncheon, and you can check out my collection of over 1000 daylilies, 75% of which will be in peak bloom. Here's a link to the sign up to thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1321867/

I hope some of you will be able to make it.

Karen

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Karen, this sounds awesome! I will be in Mt. Holly that weekend which is 2 hours closer but not close enough. I think I can speak for us all when I say we would love to see some of those beauties.

Enjoy!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sorry can't make it, niece's baby shower

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, to bad! Maybe next year.

Karen

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow, I'd love to see those daylilies in bloom! I'm afraid I can't make it, but I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

So nice of you to offer!. I have other plans too

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'd love to come -- but I can't this year. Maybe next????

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I'll probably host of other one next year. Too bad you all have other plans.

Karen

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Sadly, it is a 9.5 hour drive for me, so I'd need to work it into a trip -- and if I did, I probably wouldn't have room in the car to bring any plants. But keep letting us know of your future events, because you never know what the fates will allow!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I think we would love to visit, so it hasn't become a no as much as a don't know. LOL Are many coming from NEForum? This may just be enough motive to dig out our tent.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Ric, sadly I have not had anyone sign up yet, but I'm hopeful. I will be inviting some non-DG friends as well. I got the word out late, and most people have plans. I did send out a bunch of dmails to members who live nearby, so we'll see what happens. I have not gotten any responses yet, except from 2 people who said they couldn't make it. Hoping more people will be interested. Well, not that they aren't interested, but everyone's busy. I hope you get to come!

Sorry you can't make it, Happy. That is a very long drive.

Karen

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Okay, I've checked our calendar and I'm cooking for our family picnic the day after. Sorry we can't make it. If we travel that way we want to take our time, and visit a few things on the way, like Brooklyn Botanical and such. We've been planning a trip to Niagara and the bay of Fundy, perhaps we could include a visit on our gadabout.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

At the spring swap, you mentioned maybe inviting folks up to see your garden at peak DL bloom... I knew then that July would be my back-to-back busy month this year, but I'll save a spot on my calendar next year, just in case! It's close enough to Boston, where we have family, that we could make an Expedition of it. :-)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That would be great if you could come next year, critter, and you too, Ric. I would love to show you both all my daylilies. Sorry you guys can't make it this year. So far I have several people coming, so it will still be fun. I promise to post pics after.

Karen

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hope your gathering is fabulous! Would love to see some pictures. Yep, maybe next year.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Coleup, it was a very small gathering, but fun, nevertheless. I neglected to take pics of attendees, except for one person, which I'll post later. Did get some pics of my blooms for today. Should have taken more, but was busy chatting and such, and then after everyone left we got rain. I had 2 DG members attend. One was gardenmart (Martha) from Saugus, MA (a bit of a drive). The other was tracey8165 from Pembroke, only 15 minutes from me. There was another person from Bridgewater who was going to come, but said he had to work till noon. Was going to see if he could stop over after work, as he's not far from me, but he didn't make it. The 2 gardening friends who are not DG members also came, so we had some good socializing, did some trading, and everyone got to see my gardens. It was a nice time, and I'm glad the rain held off till later.

Karen

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Karen, that sounds great and a smaller gathering is so less stressful than a huge one! How far are you from Boston? Was hoping I would already be up in Vermont by now but no such luck. Glad the rain held off. I can just see the smile on your face for the end of a fulsome day!
Well done.

Judy

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

:D Yes, wonderful day, and not stressful. I am about 30 miles east of Boston. Much closer to Plymouth. It takes me 45 minutes to drive to Boston, and that's only if the traffic is not backed up.

Karen

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm glad the ran held off until after the socializing! Sounds like a delightful afternoon. I think a lot of us were there in spirit, sort of hovering around the edges of your garden, wishing we could join the fun and experience the exuberance of that many daylilies in bloom!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I wish you could have been there. I'm planning on doing this the same time next year. Think you might be able to come? Would love to share my gardens with you.

Karen

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Karen, I want to get up to Boston next summer to visit my BIL's family, and I don't know why I couldn't try to time it to coincide with peak bloom in your garden! It's on my radar, for sure. thanks! :-)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, that would be fantastic! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, as I've been so busy. I will probably have one the second or third Saturday of July, like I did this year. Most likely the second Saturday, which will be July 12.

Karen

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, I'll mark my calendar!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

:)

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Hi Karen,
I would love to see your garden too, but it is a bit of a distance! Are you currently selling online? Do you have a website? I have a few questions about some Ds I bought from you awhile back, and thought that if you have a website that might answer my questions!
Sharon

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I don't have a website, although I would like to start one up. I could send you a list of what I have available with prices and descriptions, but I need some time to update the list. some need to be taken off of it, and others need to be added. contact me again around mid Sept, and I can email you my list. as for any questions you have about the ones you already got from me, go ahead and ask, and I'll see if I can answer them.

Karen

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Do you have a cherry/coral/red one with a bright orange throat? The bloom is large but the plant is not real tall. How's that for a description ;>) Another one has only a number, and I don't know where it is planted anymore. (I'm going from my order list.) It is DL 141. Prairie Moonlight, Carillon Bells, Papa's Pride, Lost Valley and Cisty are all wonderful plants now. I also see Sparks Cranberry Delicious on my list, and can't remember where that was planted, or what it looks like.
Thanks,
Sharon

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Karen, We'd love to visit next year, I'm not sure when we are vacationing since we are taking the grandchildren next year. We usually go south about Labor Day, extending summer, as it were. But now the Grands are in school we jump ahead every other year so they can join us.

Holly also has a cousin in Boston we'd like to visit and do day trips from.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2013 10:16 PM

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Sharon that DL141 is a pale pink with a darker pink eye. IDK about the cherry /coral/ rose one. do you have a picture of it?

Ric you guys are welcome to come and visit anytime. from mid/late April to mid/late July are the prettiest times, although mid July during peak daylily bloom is the absolute best.

Karen

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Karen, happily, I have a mystery plant pale pink with a darker pink center! It seems small flowered? I'll check on a pic for mystery cherry/coral/rose.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

O hope we can plan a visit next year if we can work out a date.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.