WILL APPRICOTS GROW IN CENTRAL FLORIDA?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

After being in Cal. for a week and eating them and kiwi would love to try growing some. They were both so sweet they melt in your mouth.
My son lives in the Sacremento Valley and has easy access to many kinds of fruit and walnut groves all over.
Anybody tried growing appricots here?
Bonnie

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Bonnie found this: http://nassau.ifas.ufl.edu/horticulture/questions/fruitnut.html

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Thank you Sherri,
Just had the eye surgery yesterfay and can't see clearly out of left eye so I'm not staying on here long. I read most of the info but then eye got tired and irritated. Hopefuly in a few days clear vision will return.
Bonnie

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, I hope you are seeing better in a few days - took me about a week, with all the medications.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

iT'S GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY. THEN I CAN GET OTHER ONE DONE AND I'LL BE SO GLAD.
GOT SO MUCH THAT NEEDS DOING IN THE GARDEN. FIRST ORDER OF BUS. WILL BE TO CLEAN THE PONDS AND SEPERATE THOSE PLANTS AS THEY HAVE GROWN WAY TOO CRAMPED IN THEIR POTS. WATER CELERY REALLY HAS GROWN OVER POT.
MY HUSB. SAYS I NEED MORE PATIENCE AND KEEP UP THE EYE DROPS AND HE IS RIGHT FOR ONCE.
ONCE EYES ARE BALANCED AGAIN I'LL BE FINE. EYE DOCS OFFICE TOOK OUT LEFT LENS AND PUT IN JUST PLAIN GLASS TO HELP.
TAKE CARE AND HAPPY GARDENING.
BONNIE

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.