Weather In Your Garden #133

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

rained for the the past hour here

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

currently 71 and t-storms rolling through

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

put a bunch of plants in the ground last night.. of course it didn't rain like it was supposed to.. LOL

68 now going to 85.. thunderstorms on and off for as far as I can see

South Hamilton, MA

75° & partly cloudy

Thomaston, CT

Temp heading to mid 80s......sun & clouds, but hopefully, no rain for today!

South Hamilton, MA

80° I have been weeding in the sun. glad that I didn't know the temp when I was outside.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

finally humidity under 50%...feels very comfortable even at 86°
finally planted the rest of the caladiums and pruned the rhodies

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

73 and off and on showers all day

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

This far inland it was 85 today and no sign of rain. My eternal mulch pile was in the shade, so it's going down I say. Best part of the day was giving the dog a bath which he didn't mind in the heat.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

64 now and humidity @ 99% cloudy with a high of 82 today.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

68 now going to 82.. more storms on tap for later on.. or so they say

Thomaston, CT

Just glad I'm not living in Phoenix right now! Feels like a sauna here......very humid, T-storms in the forecast.....

South Hamilton, MA

82° humid & partly cloudy. Thunderstorms tomorrow & Tues. Hard on visiting relatives.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

72 and wind coming out of the north, making it very cool.

edited to add the wind is coming off the lake.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2013 4:34 PM

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Another humid mid 80's plus day. The rain will be welcome here.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

very hot here too - does not look like rain will get here

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

more storms.. flood watches.. ugh.. 75 now going to 79

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Still stuck in the 60's with fog and light mist as it was the last couple of days. 67 now. Good day to continue weeding. Patti

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy, humid, buggy.....ugh! Better than Sharon, a town I sent Jan home through.....4" fell yesterday afternoon......even the hospital flooded....

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Just had a downpour. Nothing bad here, but it is now officially buggy. Patti

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

After church yesterday many stayed around waiting for the rain to let up. Good luck with that. Several with umbrellas helped people walk out to their cars. Well, we were meeting DH's sister and her husband for lunch about 30 miles away. Pouring most of the way. We passed one field where someone had for sale a boat and trailer. It looked like it could almost float away the field was so flooded. We just chuckled

Well it is pouring again as I type. Is this what Noah experienced? Methinks it was worse. Thankful for sump pumps.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow and it is only a little wet from overnight drizzle here. I still have to water because most pots aren't even damp. Humid though. Camillias in pots really like it this way. I'm overwintering most in pots this year, so they better be happy now.

South Hamilton, MA

The humidity is getting to me. 79° & if less humid I would feel fine.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Me too. I got very little done outside today on my day off, and then the downpour came, but it's already slowing down after about 20"

Thomaston, CT

One downpour after another all day today.....my camellia does look happy......can't say the same for me!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

What kind did you get, Marilyn?

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

US weather service just posted a tornado warning for northern Middlesex and Essex Counties in MA. Guess the front moved a bit too fast. Hope people stay safe.

Another weather note. The number of forest fire victims and property loss elsewhere is shocking. Counting my blessings, and sending up a prayer.

South Hamilton, MA

Thunder showers came through so turned off the computer. Just rain afterwards & temp only dropped to 75° Gone dark at the moment.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We had a tornado warning for Middlesex and Essex county, too...how weird!

South Hamilton, MA

Thank you Rosemary for the note about the warning. I turned off the computer (we have a tower) & went downstairs & turned on the weather channel. Watched the storm there & how it was moving. DH & DD2 were on the train coming home from Boston & it was announced here. Not much you can do, but they said the people in North Beverly were caught in the downpour. 2" of rain here.

Thomaston, CT

Unfortunately, tornado touched down in the Windsor-Windsor Locks area where Louise has her condo....lots of tree damage.....picked up a semi carrying steel on I-91..... 8 inches into the air....flipped a car over, but no injuries.....just a branch down in my road....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh NO!! I was just about to say STAY SAFE EVERYONE!

Thomaston, CT

I forgot to say Rosemary the camellia is Winter Star.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Still investigating if tornado touched down in Berkeley Heights NJ

South Hamilton, MA

Only 2" of rain here, but flooding in some places. Saw TV photos of CT damage.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

was a horrible morning for me.. had to go to Ewing which is not far from Jen.. took me 2 and 1/2 hours to get a normal hour and a half drive.. flooding on 287.. and a tree down on the highway.. was exhausting after said and done .. back to my area in 4 1/2 hours later

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Was the tree down on 31, Allison? Cuz I was in traffic headed north on 31 and was stopped for awhile cuz of a downed tree. Glad I left to pick up DS early. Stopped at my brother's near Clinton to go potty and visit with him for a couple minutes before I continued on to the water Gap. Took me almost 3 1/2 hours to get there.

I am getting tired of rain.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no right on 287.. just nuts

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

praying for all those people in the flood zone today... the river was really high yesterday afternoon... supposed to get slammed again today :(

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

We got 2" over the past couple days,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.