CLOSED: Mug Swap Reveal / Show Us Your Ugly Mug!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

This is the quiet time when mug swap is supplanted by summer.

I am doing what I can indoors, and and one of today's distractions was to transplant a ponytail Palm pup a friend picked up (literally) at Lowe's one day when we were shopping together.

The mug is one of those post yard sale discards I found on the side of the road one evening while walking the dog. It's so dainty and so pretty. It has a tiny chip on its rim as the sole imperfection. I was going to plant something in it and give it to this friend of mine. But I've been having a hard parting with it. Thought even about sending it off to my swap buddy, but I think I am happy with my decision.

It's been a mixed up brain chemistry kind of day, and simple things like this bring me a little peace.

I hope everyone is enjoying their respective weekends. :)

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, indeed. Beautiful, sunny, cooler weather here. Couldn't ask for better this time of year. Doing a few things outside, herding cats, and grabbed some spicy chicken grillers for lunch.

Mug from my favorite vacation spot on the Oregon Coast (wish I was there) ... I've decided it needs some DiSaronno on the rocks and a spring of the fresh Apple Mint. :) Have a wonderful weekend.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

A spring of mint??? ... a sprig, a sprig. :-D

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Maybe you have had to much already? ;)

Well, we broke the record for our heat today of 106 by 2 degrees. It is 108 right now, and will probably gain 2 more degree's before the sun goes down.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Taters....ugh! I remember how hot it was when I was in TX but El Paso didn't get that hot - mostly in the 100 - 103 range! My dad (still in TX) made a garden structure that only let in 12% of the sun so the veggie garden would have a chance to grow without burning up! I wish it was cooler for you!

Amanda -- your little robin looks great! I sure hope his wing isn't broken....did your friend check it out?

Today we went to the afternoon production of Educating Rita with my grammy....she loves to go to the theater but doesn't like night shows. It was so great to spend time with her....and I got to sip organic iced tea on the patio of this cute little cafe in VT. They had the best mugs there too!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

lol, LK, could be. :) Ugh on that heat. We've gone in the opposite direction temperature-wise. It's cool here for this time of year, in the low 80s with a nice breeze. And very LOW humidity. In fact, It's unseasonably cool over most of this part of the country right now. Just the opposite of what's happening out west.

I love the theater. What fun!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!! :) I had a great one! I am almost ready to ship....almost.... Some how I can't find the thing I want. I know what it is, seen it a million times, until I am looking for it that is.... Lol

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Rats....Kelly, I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday, kiddo! You sound like me, putting things away in a safe place and then wondering exactly where in heck that was...lol

Stay cool, LK. That's way to hot for man or beast.

Manda, what's the latest Robin report? You're such a good soul for all you do with zoo chores and the critters you adopt, or those that adopt you. Has Billy landed in his new home yet? I know how much love, time, energy, and food you invested over the past few years in his well-being.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Happy Bday Kelly - I missed it too! Below are some virtual cupcakes for ya!

I hate it when I loose things that I just saw....happens more often than I care to admit!

Robin update....robin update.....!!

Thumbnail by AliKat32
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ha ah. Thanks girls.

I decided that the robin should stay another night. Court has seen him fly. I have seen him fly, I think, but the wing is not fully recovered. The objective of wildlife rehabilitation is to let the animal recover to the point where it can be released and survive/reproduce despite any deformity. So says my licensed lady rehab friend.

Yesterday a bought a box of worms since we were running out of places to look in the yard. We fed him so or eight before bedtime. This morning I dumped the contents into a short round ceramic dish. I came back a couple of hours later and the worms were all gone!

I bought a bag of dried mealworms too. He's eating them lime crAzy. I told. court we could release him tomorrow at lunch when he comes home from work. I hope he looks good enough. If I have any doubt I am take him Dow town to see the rehab lady. She will examine hi. And give me her opinion. I would like to release him in my own garden, but it will be less stressful on the bird to release him where I found him. It's only a block away, but it might as well be a mile. No worries. We haven't tried to touch him or coddle him. Think his bug eating instincts will help him along. Maybe his momma will recognise him? Hopefully he will do better at roosting and avoiding cats.

Fruity, the goat deal fell thru I think and the lady who owns him is not talking to me. It's just a matter of time before she blasts me. It's a very tenuous relationship. She thinks she is doing me a favor letting me feed her goat. That I'm so enamoured of him is why I come everyday, not because I felt sorry for the animal because she wasn't feeding it or caring for it properly. When he banned me before and then lifted the ban when she realized how much the goat looked forward to my visit each day. I wish she wasn't so paranoid. Or defensive. Or whatever is her problem. But I will just keep walking on eggshells. Apparently she listened to what I said about horse fencing not being adequate for goats. That's why the transfer has not occurred.

Sigh.

Well, I am looking forward to Seeing some ugly mugs. I have heard the mug fairy tiptoeing around at night. :D

Winnetka, CA

Hello muglee swappers!

The muglee fairy left a box on my front porch last night. It was from my secret muglee swap partner Linda!!

Inside were some cute and yummy surprises:

1. A very pretty 'Mr Coffee' on the go mug with lid
2. A precious 'froggy' mug from Padre Island
3. A 'cow mug' - udderly silly (but oh so cute!!)
4. Two bags of Pepperidge Farm cookies
*Maui -Milk Chocolate Coconut Almond
*Chesapeake - Dark Chocolate Pecan
5. Nestle Coffee-mate 'Hazelnut flavor'

Last but not least... my 'fav' Starbucks Komodo Dragon coffee!!

I am set!! The froggy mug will no doubt become my grandsons when he is visiting... he will love it!! I know this before it even happens!! -:)

Photos attached - the cow mug has udders... too cute!! Thanks Linda... very fun package to receive!!

Amanda... good luck with your fledgling... he/she is so pretty!! Male or female... baby sure has had a fine gourmet diet whilst at your place!! I know momma bird will be happy to see him.

Has anyone else received their package? Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932

So glad it arrived safely! Hope you enjoy your items, and sharing them with your Grandson!

Winnetka, CA

Linda...

Enjoying a cup of coffee in my new Mr. Coffee mug already!! Love Komodo Dragon... I decided to share one bag of cookies with hubby and son... the other is coming to work with me in the morning!! Thanks again for making this a fun swap!!

You too Miss Amanda!!!

Goodnight all...

Nancy

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Holy COW!!!

(Groan)

That is hilarious! LK you know how to stuff a box. :)

I didn't put any edibles in my swap buddy's box this year. Too dangerous having that stuff around the house. Just sitting there, looking all innocent and edible until BAM!

Had a good, crazy day, an it ended with a bang. The good part... I got the robin out of Rita's room to my lady friend who does wildlife rehab with birds. I could have kept him or her (?!) But I need fewer things to care for, so that was a huge relief.

Edited to say that the "bang" part of my day was with regards to a neighbor and his care/treatment of his poor old decrepit dog. When I get in trouble there is usually an animal involved (Smiling weakly).

Went to sleep early and now awake with the robins and Carole!

Good morning.

I think my coffee cup will cheer me.

xox

This message was edited Jul 3, 2013 5:41 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, talk about something jumping up to bite you in the butt. :(

Nice box, Nancy and LK - the froggie mug is adorable.

That is pretty ungrateful! After all you have done! I hope the vet keeps the dog!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I guess I figure I should try to keep this thread a happy go muglee thread. Thanks Carole and LK. It's hard not to harden my heart. I've been through stuffikethis before. It's never pretty in animal fears or animal rescue situations, but I guess instead of characterizing my involvement as "help" I should.just let the authorities do their jobs.

Eeeek! Can you believe I went back to sleep then woke when a friend showed up after sleeping 5 more hours?! Haven't even had my coffee yet. No wonder I'm feeling blue.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Caffeine withdrawal will do that. Hope the day turns out at least a little more cheerful for you.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Awake! Just finishing my FIRST cuppa, and already cleaned ONE litter box. one down four or five to go. Come on ladies! There's GOT to be a mug on somebody's front step. I can hardly wait to see.... heh.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Hahaha it's sooooo hot.... I haven't had mine yet. Also my box will ship Friday! Sorry for the wait guys!!! :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

If anyone is having trouble shipping for one reason or another please let me know. I'm sure your swap buddy will understand. ;)

I can't find my own DC for the package I shipped, but I'm DYING to find out. It's like waiting for Santa. Or the mailman. Or....

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Hahaha :) Well I mean, I know I am busted here, so can I just say that I am not sure if I am more bummed about not finding a certain coffee for me, or for my buddy! That is my excuse and I am stickin to it! ;) but I did try to make my box extra special and add in some local and native treats to make up for the delay. ;)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I can't wait for my secret mug friend! Save the best for last is what I say!
I am heading to Cali to surprise my nieces and take them to Disneyland! So if my mug
Comes while I am gone (back on Sunday) I will be sure to post ASAP!
Happy fourth everyone

I have not shipped mine and Goobers boxes. Sorry we are late. Must be the shotts in the bum Ralph is giving me...lol

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Honestly there is at least one person we haven't heard from and it concerns me just a wee bit. I am not singling anybody out! Will do my best as yer swap hostess to see that a good time is had by all. ;)

Manda, I will be sending Goobers box out on Sat or Monday...

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Amanda do you want the confirmation for my secret swap box so my secret buddy can know where it is?! Lol

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok so I was going to send mine out yesterday but I need to wait until Sat or Mon. I don't want it sitting in the heat over the 4th. Sorry my mugglie buddy you have to wait a few days longer.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Mutiny!

Yes dearie, dem's da rules. DCs please.

Don't want to make Susan look bad with a sloppy swap.

Muglies, I didn't check the calendar so use your best judgment. If a box finds its way here in this rain it Will be a miracle.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good morning, fellow muglees. Hope you all had a good Fourth.

I'm not sure what has happened to my buddy as she hasn't posted since signing up for this swap, but she did receive her box. I neglected to snap a photo before sealing the box ... I sent a clear glass mug (made in the USA), a Scandinavian mug (Swedish, Danish?) decorated with skinny chickens drawn in the Scandinavian style. Well, they looked skinny to me, but very funkily charming. Also sent a bag of ground coffee from the state just to the north of me (that would be KY), a bag of Werther's Original Caramel Coffee hard candies, some packets of flavored hot cocoa mixes, and a small chocolate-scented candle. I hope everything arrived intact.

Happy coffee drinking Friday!

An oldie but a goodie ...

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Good morning Carole! I love the skinny chickens. Sounds like a delicious box. I hope everything's okay on the other end.

I have sent a horseman to see what's up since there has been no response to new-fangled communications.

Received an apology of sorts from the neighbor this morning, but I will keep my distance. I officially quit being so nice earlier this week.

Had rain overnight of course though it's paused for the moment. perfect weather for a cuppa. :D

Found a new flavor just because it was on sale. Think it's caramel drizzle from Folgers. That's how I found the blueberry stuff too. I have to say that a lot of the flavored coffees at commercial establishments are overpowering. I don't like to choke on the bouquet as I'm taking the first sip. It's very mild and subtle. May be just a hint of sweetness. I don't take sugar in mine so there's really a fine line.

Got to get. Zoo Chores are calling. I hope everyone enjoyed the Fourth.

xox

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I once sent a swap box and got no response from my buddy, I was so disappointed because I really thought I sent some cool stuff, all I can remember off hand was a candlestick that I loved that my mom had given me, but it was perfect for the swap so I sent it. I guess I don't regret it. One less thing to dust lol still most of the fun is in the making someone smile with the box of hand picked goodies! Which is why it's taken me so stinking long to ship! Lol
I love to include local goodies and I was really hoping to get to a neighboring city too! Haha hints hints!! :) I love CNY and I wish all you ladies were a little closer so we could enjoy cuppas together in each others gardens!
This frosty cool coffee beverage is called "elvis" not only is he my favorite singer, but my favorite coffee flavor! It's peanut butter, banana and chocolate!!! Soooo yummy!!! :D

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

I love flavored coffee's, hazelnut, cinnamon... But I'd don't care for iced coffee's! My son tried his best to get me to try one years ago, I took a sip, ans it is just my thing.
Not for sure about Elvis coffee?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Elvis loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches, didn't he, Outlaw?

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Lol yup! Peanut butter and banana is soooo good! Almost as good as peanut butter and chocolate and then if you mix all three it's like the holy trinity of flavor!! Haha
I am also back reflgretfully informing my secret buddy that she will have to wait till maybe Tuesday? I took my box to mail and they said it wouldn't be there till Monday, and due to some live plants and melty stuff I decided to wait till Monday to ship then it won't have that extra day in the post office abyss! :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow! Sounds like someone should be wery happy with the package you are about to ship! IF they acknowledge receipt. It happened to me once too. Didn't hear from the person for at least six months.

Like you you I don't like the thought of my stuff sitting in the p.o. abyss. I often try to get it in the mail on Saturday, but it seems the hours at our post keep getting chopped. And Saturday mornings seem to pass so quickly!

Well it's no weather to do anything except worry over my old dog. She's acting very odd, and I have hovered over her all day asking her if she's okay. I also shaved a cat today. Golly, and you guys thought I was joking about the Zoo Chores. Washed the sick dog too, thinking the flea thing might be making her sickly. I have vowed to vacuum twice a day, I guess for the nex t month!!!

awright. My eyesight ain't what it used to be since these gadgets with the microscopic screens showed up.

Going to shut this down and hover some more.

xox

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Microscopic is right. This was working so well for me just a few days ago. Pffffft, I say.

I agree, that box sounds scrumptious, Outlaw. Worth the wait for the lucky recipient.

My trusty vintage Farberware Superfast percolator. It starts perking as soon as it's plugged in and is finished in about 3-4 minutes depending on the number of cups. I luv this thing. Don't like the new ones, do luv the vintage. Made in the USA and not in China like the newer Farberware percolators. I had to replace one and found it on eBay. Yay for good old eBay! I'm going to buy another one or two and store them away for when I need replacements in the future. The vintage ones will become much scarcer as time goes by.

It's still raining here ... another 2.5 inches in the rain gauge.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

That's funny! Court brought one back from his grandmother's a trip or two ago. I have never tried one. Will have to give it a whirl.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I had to look for it and once you tell me how to use it I will try it out. It looks brand new inside. Just needs a little rubbing on the outside like a genie's bottle.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, that's kewl. I didn't drink coffee back in the day so didn't even get a percolator until about 15 or 20 years ago. What is the capacity of that one?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.