DJ"S JULY IRIS PICTURES & CHAT

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Now Coho has two blooms and First Act is catching up. I picked the last of my TB irises, Delta Blues. I don't remember them ever lasting so long they are usually done before the Siberians start.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Pretty Mittsy! My Japanese Iris are finished for the season.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

My japanese iris is just starting to put out buds......I am way behind all of you!

Melbourne, Australia

Hi folks, I'm testing the Image Upload. These are a few of last years TBIs

Thumbnail by orchid40 Thumbnail by orchid40 Thumbnail by orchid40 Thumbnail by orchid40
Melbourne, Australia

A few more

Thumbnail by orchid40 Thumbnail by orchid40 Thumbnail by orchid40
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice pic 's Orchid

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's the first 2 to re-bloom this season, 1st is Double Your Fun, and the next is Forever Blue

Thumbnail by crowrita1 Thumbnail by crowrita1
Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Oops! itchy finger ,this morning, posted before I signed!....Arlyn

Love the colors & Names :) ARLYN TY For sharing

Melbourne, Australia

They're pretty ones, Arlyn.

Melbourne, Australia

This one has bloomed during Winter. Three of the plants have had flowers and a fourth one is in bud. Is it a Germanica please?

Thumbnail by orchid40

There is no longer a Germanica classification.

Hey all well I Never Knew or Heard of a Germanica Iris so I cannot say .
Do a search on Google there you might get an answer.

well at 11:15 A M I Just filled one Bed with all of My New Dwarf Irises from Maxines .

Now when it cools this eve I Can go Plant all the Ones I Rec'd from REDROCK..
as for this afternoon guess i will get my House Back in order & Laundry done .
ya all have a great day . Back tonight with pictures .

South Hamilton, MA

It would be. They are now known as bearded irises & it would be classified as a 'historic'. Many look similar so a cultivar name would be difficult. Are the spaeths papery instead of green. If so it is an iris pallida.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

It appears to me to be "Eleanor Roosevelt"(Sass-McDade 1933) , just by looking. How tall does it get ? ER is an "IB", so would only be 20"-24", or so . IBs bloom right with the later SBDs, here, and would bloom before the TBs. ER is also a fairly reliable re-bloomer here, usually re-blooming in late October. But, remember, I said "it APPEARS to be, not IT IS! It's almost impossible to ID from a picture, and the only sure way to do it is to "grow" the iris next to our "best guess", and compare ALL the features.....Arlyn

well here I'am with the pic's sorry was just very tired last night I Still have Many more to get back into the ground so off to make another garden plant friendly :)
ya all have a great day.
here are a couple cannas in Bloom also.
Chocolate & Eurica

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Wow, that's a job well done. I'm having trouble weeding my seedlings Siberian iris
bed as it has a fence around it. I need to take the fence down so I can weed from both sides.

Melbourne, Australia

Well done Arlyn, that was a lot of work. It will look lovely at bloom time.
My TBIs are budding now, soon there will be photos to post I hope!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow, what a nice bed. I need a man....no don't take that wrong...I need to rent a honeydo to build an above ground beds. I truly never thought I ever say this, but I believe I'm to old for anything else but the 2xwhtevers make a nice above ground bed.

~~~ Birdie

Bridie I BUILT These Out Of 2- 2x12x16's & 2- 2x12x 8" some 3" Deck screws & I put
corner braces so they could not come apart & I can sit on them if wanted to or put a planter on them . as you can see i also split them up or divided it off with a 2x12x8 ft & a 2x12 x4 ft . but you would not have to if you didn't want to . was not real hard to do but it is a challenge at our age :)

well sure did a right fine job!! I'd hire you for sure, but the cost of petrol would probably be to high.

Sorry Not for Hire Can Hardly Keep up with my own work around here

was of course kidding. I don't have any Iris', but an just dumbstruck at their beauty and color assortments. Oh wait, I actually might just have some that were passed along from my cousin in ND who calls them "BOO Lilies" ( they are clearly iris not lily). the leaf stalks seem to grow about 6" or so in just a few quick days ant then all of a sudden there are the most lovely pale blue with some white and yellow I think Standing just a tall as their little 6" stems will hold them I have shared a few tubers and they do well. I just love seeing them in spring with the primroses and other spring flowers..

those are called a dutch dwarf iris I Also have some of them:) Happy gardening

South Hamilton, MA

If they are bulbus irises they are Iris reticulata. they come in blue, white & purple for the most part. Ours bloom in April. Irises with rhizomes are the well known Tall bearded irises (and the smaller classes). Fantastic colors.

Wow, thanks for the info ladies

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.