Plumeria

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I have a friend currently living down in Mexico (zone 10/11) and would love to send him some Plumeria seeds.

I have two ?'s. One is where am I most likely to get him really pretty crosses (I know seeds are a gamble) and would also like to know how long are the seeds viable? He comes up to Montreal on occasion and I'd have to match the sending of the seeds in a time frame that they would still be viable when he receives them. I have my doubts I'd get them down to Mexico via mail but he has no problems carrying them on a plane.

He was very generous sharing his hoyas with so many of us and before he left Canada he sold me his Nikon for a very, very reasonable price so I'd like to send something special his way.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/plumerias/all/
You might want to check in with the plumeria forum.
Altho my plumeria are about to bloom, I really know nothing about them.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks gardenglory! :o) I never thought to check to see if that forum existed here. :/

I've since found two seed suppliers .. one is a business that was suggested in a Plumeria article here and another, via a member in Hawaii (who knows the person that I'm wanting to send the seeds to) so she is going to contact professional growers who are her friends in Hawaii.

So I'm off to the plumeria forum to check on viability. :o)

This message was edited Jun 7, 2013 6:43 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.