DJ"S JUNE PLANT SWAP SHOW & TELL

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE WHEN YOU HAVE SENT OR REC'D YOUR PLANT BOXES THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR US TO BE SURE YOUR PARTNER IS GOING TO BE HOME OR AWAY HOPE THAT NO ONE WILL SIGN UP & THEN GO ON A TRIP BUT THINGS DO ARISE SO PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PARTNERS WHEN YOUR READY TO SEND .

PICTURE WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CAMERA MAYBE YOUR PARTNER COULD TAKE A PIC FOR YOU .

ALSO PLEASE LABEL YOUR PLANTS SO YOUR PARTNER CAN READ THEM SOME OF US HAVE BAD EYE SIGHT :(

WELL I DO HOPE I HAVE EVERYONE ASSIGNED OK PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE MADE ANY MISTAKES .

ALL BOXES MUST BE MAILED BY & NO LATER THEN JUNE 24TH IT IS GETTING VERY HOT FOR MANY SO PLEASE
MAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE .

DEEJAY9-------2----SENDS TO CZIMMERMANOO --REC"D --JOY---REC"D
CZIMMERMAN00--2-----SEND TO-------WWKATHY-REC"D -ALIKAT32 --REC"D
AHOOGSTRA-----2-----SEND TO----CHEERMOM--REC"D--------ALIKAT32 REC"D
ALIKAT32------2-----SEND TO---AHOOGSTRA-REC"D -OUTLAWHEART --REC"D
JOY-----------2-----SEND TO-- JOKENNA--REC"D --CHELL---REC"D
MITTSY- ------1-----SEND TO ---AHOOGSTRA----REC'D
FOTV---------1------SEND TO --JOY---REC"D
--JLEE-------SEND TO-- DEEJAY9---REC"D
CHELL--------1------SEND TO---DEEJAY-----REC"D
JOKENNA-------1-----SEND TO --FOTV ---REC"D
OUTLAWHEART81--1----SEND TO---MITTSY--REC"D
CHEERMOM-------1----SEND TO---JLEE---REC"D
WWKATHY-------1-----SEND TO--Czimmerman00---REC:D

This message was edited Jun 28, 2013 12:37 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Am here..lol.

going to keep chat on the other sign up till boxes start to fly here :)

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Looking forward to seeing all of the greatness here.

Cutlerville, MI

WOW..Mittsy!
I LOVE....LOVE...LOVE my plants! I was so excited I already planted them before I took a pic, so I will go out later and take some pics where I planted them:)
Spiderworts:
Sweet Kate
Red Cloud
Sunshine Charm
Bilberry Ice
Hawaiian Punch
Than....A big clump of Mittsy's unregistered Siberian Iris Cross. SOOO excited to see it bloom! Than.....A Hardy Water Lilly MME Wilfron Gonnere.
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you Mittsy!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Awesome!!!!! Wow!!! :) that sounds like you got a case of the worts! ;) I love them they are so hardy and pretty. I can't wait to see pics!

Me too I Never Knew that there were so many Different Spiderworts , So yes would love to see the colors when they bloom . well i have a couple guys on there way to pick up Left over's so back later

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone!

I came home from my nieces dance recital to two wonderful boxes filled with plants from Christine and Alicia! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.....

From Christine:
Sedum - dragon's blood and variegate
Blanket flowers
coral bells - marvelous marbles, tropical forest, cinnabar silver
fox glove
white tall phlox
dianthus
pulmonaria

From Alicia:
white snakeroot
anemone
jacob's ladder
hosta - cracker crumbs and blue mouse ears
cutleaf coneflower
coral bells - purple palace
NE aster
english primrose

I worked diligently and got them all in except for four.....just too dark and buggy outside! I've got them soaking and they are happy....will plant them tomorrow.....it should rain Monday so I'm hoping they will all transplant up here in NH just fine!

pic one box is from Christine
pic two box is from Alicia

Thanks again for all those new babies!

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Awesome!!! Mittsy will get part of hers tomorrow! :)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oops I must have posted mine on the other thread!

ali I fixed your pic's :) Nice boxes . I Have found that if I Pot up the Plants for a couple weeks till they Perk up from the digging & The shipping they will do Much better in the garden , they seem to seed a little care before putting them back into the ground . well rain in the air today so going to go out & Dig a couple Plants for my boxes .
ya all have a great day .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Cutlerville, MI

So gad you're happy Ali! I got Ali's today!!!! Yippy! She sent me sedum "voodoo" (awesome colors) and a bunch of little lupines & columbines:0 I love them...I am so excited to see what colors they each end up:) Thanks AliKat!

Alicia HOW do You Rate getting a box on SUNDAY ??? Really like to see what you got before you plant them .
I Have one of my boxes ready to go out tomorrow to chrisZ . Hope to get Joy's out On Wed.

Cutlerville, MI

Hey Susie..they my box must have come yesterday, I just didn't get over to my mail box:) I will take pics tonight and post them:)

Cutlerville, MI

Here are my babies...they look sad, just because I just transplanted them:)
#1 Columbine
#2 Lupines
#3 Voodoo Sedum

Thumbnail by ahoogstra Thumbnail by ahoogstra Thumbnail by ahoogstra
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

DJ - How do you fix the photos? I can't find a rotate function on my pics anywhere....and I took them the correct way and on my computer they seem to oriented the correct way....help! - It's annoying!

I agree on babying the new plants a bit to get the best start! I try really hard to plant them right away if it's going to be nice out -- meaning not too cold or too hot with rain in the forecast.....otherwise I plant them in temporary containers and make sure they are in the shady parts of the outside....! I have one of the coral bell plants soaking in water to root.....anyone know if that's the right way to get them to root? Some websites say stick the basel cutting in the ground....but that seems harsh!

All the plants I planted yesterday are already perking up!

Alicia -- I hope your babies make it. I've been reading about lupine transplanting....they don't always like it but what I've noticed is all the leaves will sometimes die and then they will grow new ones. The columbine should pop right back up -- I find them all over the grass and in areas I know they will be mowed done and move them all the time. I love all the plants you sent me! Did you also make the card you send? It's so beautiful! I love to make cards too!

Ali
After you upload your pictures
Go to Pictures on your computer open & click on open there is a Rotate Symbol or should be either at top or bottom of your photo or go to edit .

I just opened a chat & photo thread for our irises if you might like to come look.
DJ"S JULY IRIS PICTURES & CHAT
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1317746/

Cutlerville, MI

Hey Ali,
We are getting rain today so I am sure the babies will perk right up and be ..Happy, Happy, Happy:) Yes, I did make the card, I love paper crafting when I have time:) I used to do it a lot more. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Some pics!!!!! :)
Here are the hostas. Three kinds. :) I really like the stripy white one! Very pretty! So ruffled!

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Ok, here are some more (sideways) pics of my plants from alikat32!!!
9!!!!NINE!!!!9999999!!!!! NOID iris! I won't know what color till next year but how exciting! So I made this little row of NOIDS along my fence and put some muscari in between! :) this area of my path to the back yard should smell heavenly next spring! :)

(Oops!! Hit the button by accident! I will post the pics next!)

This message was edited Jun 10, 2013 12:27 PM

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Also some lily, not sure what kind? Toad? Candy? Rain? Lol I don't know much about these guys.
Also two ferns and Solomon's Seal! :)
I haven't gotten the lily of the valley planted yet. But I will. It was packed so well I swear I think it's growing in the bag! But dang girl!!! Flat rate boxes will save you big $$$ Shippiping! You'd be amazed at what you can jam in one too!!! :) thank you so much candi!! I really love them all so much. :)

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh -- I forgot to label the lilies....they are regular garden lily....the tall kind! They should be bigger and bigger each year.....
Didn't I send you a regional rate box? Heard those were cheaper than flat rate boxes....? I gotta figure this out....anyone have a good answer? :)

DJ -- thanks for the heads up on the pics.....I am going to take some pics of my babies all planted and let everyone see how they are doing in NH! And hopefully I'll be able to rotate them!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Back again....ok I just looked at my preferences.....and there's no place that I have pictures.....when I choose the photos to upload they are off of my hard drive....then they are attached to my thread posting....maybe it's the edit button on the posting?

ALi if you click on the start Buttom Bottom Left & Go into your all programs you will see PICTURES At the Right of the column Just click on pictures your Photos should all be in there .
little foggy & Cool & Little wet this morning so will wait till it drys off & go out to see what I Can fine to send to my other partner Joy :)

So you all have a great day Back later today .

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Sometimes it's cheaper, sometimes it's not! Plants are pretty resilient and when packed well you can fit a lot in a small box (without worrying about how it's actually handled in it's travel! I have watched mail carriers drop a box twice then sorta roll it onto the porch....-____-..) so I always keep a few if the if it fits boxes around since they are free for the taking. Then I try to weigh them on my bathroom scale lol sometimes if it's really light stuff I ship regular. Like if I was mailing cuttings wrapped in moss. But if it was bulbs, rhizomes or maybe *a massive clump of lily of the valley *ahem* lol ;) I would not mail by weight. :) hahaha I thank you so much for your generosity though! Everything arrived looking great, so maybe I am just always looking to save $ :D (so I can buy more plants!!!) hahaha

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I'm all about saving $$! Although trading saves me tons....because to buy all those plants would put me in the poor house....so for the mere price of one good sized plant I can send a box out and get a box back with tons of plants! :)

Here are some of the plants I got earlier this week....
pic 1 - hosta's from Alicia - blue mouse ears bottom left -- cracker crumbs - bottom right......anyone know the hosta in the back....I thought it was also called mouse ears....

pic 2 - dragon blood sedum from Kelly

pic 3 - a fawn that my friend found in her garden....the mama came back and checked on the baby a few times that day and at the end of the day they went away into the woods....during the day the baby just slept and stayed in that spot.....so cute!

pic 4 - blanket flowers from Kelly -- they were all bent and droopy but they've perked right up in the cool weather and rain!

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32

Ali I was so surprised while walking in my gardens this Morning I Have the Most PERKIEST Plants this morning & When I Planted them last year I Had many DOUBTS That any of them would make it they were small or wilty
but as I Have always said if they are ment to be here they will survive .
& It is so True I Have so many NEW TYPE Out in the gardens from all my trades over the pass few years that we have been sharing :) I need to get off here & cover a few of my tender plants they say hail later today so got to get my covers ready . you all have a say & fun day .

Elk Horn, KY

Received my box from Susie/Deejjay9.
Such a nice box full:)
Ostrich fern
Hosta Frances Williams?
pulmonaria
pulmonaria pierre's pink
Hardy primroses
canna dwarf yellow
red quince
Brugmansia kay harris

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

DJ -- did you get HAIL??? I hope not!

I Don't Know I SLEPT Through it :) looked out this morning everything looks ok so all is well here .
many places have power outages but we are fine . 2800 in our area . off to get laundry done . :)
ya all have a great day .

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Morning -- glad to hear it doesn't look that bad....

Zimmer....hope you took some photos....post them so we can all enjoy your beauties! I don't think I even know what quince looks like....! :)

Gonna rain later today and all of Friday....buckets I've heard as a nor'easter is going to spiral around NE! I'm getting outside now while the heavens are holding it in!

I will post some of my beauties -- (maybe not baby trades yet) later today!

Elk Horn, KY

I took some pictures, but am having problems uploading pictures...

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh no! Well -- keep at it....my pictures keep loading up but are sideways or upside down.....and I can't seem to fix them! Annoying! :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I’m finally back with y’all in the land of the living after fighting a lousy Summer cold since Tuesday night. Crazy I haven't had a cold for so long, I'd forgotten how they can zap your energy.

My apologies for not posting sooner about the wonderful box of plants you sent me, Tina. I took a group shot when they arrived Wednesday morning, except for the Hydrangeas, and managed to get all of them potted or planted that morning.

Included were…..

A very nice size Chinese Witch Hazel, now potted and am deciding where to plant it permanently.
Two large divisions of Hydrangea ‘Endless Summer’ -- potted those babies up right away in excitement and is why they aren’t included in the group shot. My Mother grew the most beautiful mophead Hydrangeas and look forward to seeing these bloom.
The Hardy Fuchsia, Pacific Bleeding Heart, and Columbine are snuggled in my part shade garden.
And the Elephant Ear and Sedum ‘Blue Spruce’ both found homes in one if my big containers flanking our front door.

If that wasn't generous enough, for inside I also received…..
Sansevieria sp., Snake Plant
Two Epiphyllum cuttings, one is marked ‘Sparkling Burgundy’
And last but not least, a pack of Cucumis melo 'Tigger' seeds. I’ve read with hot dry Summers, like we usually have, these mature to personal-size melons that taste similar to Honeydews.

You did a SUPER job with your first plant swap, Tina, and I’d be happy to trade with you any time :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Fruity.....glad you are feeling better -- awesome plants!

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Susan glad you are feeling better.
I was hoping you would like the plants and hope they all snap out of it and thrive. I had so much fun getting it all together for you.

Hope you will take a picture when they all are growing well.

Thank you all for letting me join in the fun!

Now I can't wait till I get mine.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi...Want to stop in and thank Christine (czimmerman) for such a fabulous box!!!! Thankyou!!! I haven't gotten a pix yet too windy, hoping tomorrow...weather 'spose to be better. Hope so, it's still howling out there.

I got:
3 Iris siberica, white
2 rhizhomes of Chubby Cheeks Iris (dwf?) or tbi?
2 " of Berry Parfait Iris, looks like tbi
1 " of Fairway Iris, tbi
1 Campanula Cherry Bells
3 Veronica Evaline
1 Geranium sanguinium Vision Violet
2 Nepeta Walkers Low
1 Campanula glomerata Belfleur Blue
1 Veronica pink, is this a spicata I presume, and about 16-18"?
1 Ceratostigma plumaginoides (lol, say that one fast....)common plumbago...love tha blue agaist the red foliage in last summer!!!
3-4 Wisteria, I didn't open up yet, is this one fragrant bloomimg? Gosh I sure hope so!
1 Artemesia schmidtiana

It's absolutely amazing how much you can stuff into a box....lol...THANKYOU!!

Was going to dig my box today, but too windy, will see if I can dig tomorrow, also if I don't get evacuateded.
Kathy^-^

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Kathy -- hope you don't get evacuated! Yikes!

Below are some new bloomers to my yard! I did not have these colors or types last year....can someone help with pic 4? I think it may be a mullion but I don't know for sure! The poppy plant has 13 buds on it!

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32
Elk Horn, KY

Wwkathy
The chubbyy cheeks iris is dwarf.
There's only 1 wisteria, the others are black walnut seedlings.

Good to have you back Fruity Don't ya just hate those ones that sneak up on you :)?? But You sure got a Wonderful Box of goodies Well done Tina Sure Hope you Fine Many goodies in your Box to add to your New Garden's .

Kathy You also got another GREAT Box Chris Sure can Pack a Box, I Remember my box from her Last Spring :)
I have so many New plants this spring Popping up from all who shared with me I Just love walking the garden to see something new everyday :)

Joy Hope your Watching I Sent your Box yesterday sent you a note hope your home to receive it :) Just want to let you all Know that if your going to be gone please let your partner or myself know this .
we do not want any dead plants .

ya all have a safe & Fun weekend back later today

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.