Neighbor's Container Greenhouse in 90 deg. temp.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

My neighbor, Byrnes Farmers Market opened about three years ago. They are a big family and do all the work including quite a few greenhouses with all sorts of plants from Tropicals to bedding and also Jersey Fresh vegetables. They have adopted me since we live so close and we share plants and greens at Christmas, etc. I stopped today to check in and see if all was o.k. and everyone was watering since it is so hot outside and the plants are just wilting faster than they can keep them watered. I had to take some shots and thought I would share them with you all. Enjoy! Smells just as good as it looks too. LOL

Thumbnail by JBerger Thumbnail by JBerger Thumbnail by JBerger
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Lovely!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

JB thanks for sharing! It looks tropical.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I always had dreams of my gardens looking like that!! What a beautiful site.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

I would be happy if one or two of my plants looked like that. He He He

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee. Same here!!

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

I do know hey have a very strict schedule for fertilizing. It certainly shows.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

YES! And it is almost impossible to duplicate it in one's own garden.
When i worked for a grower--the fertilizer is already mixed into the water system.
With just a flip of a switch--it would be added to the daily watering....
Also--the water was always heated to lukewarm. never cold....

A big disappointment for people who buy these spectacular plants--and then they,
slowly, return to "normal"....

Gita

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

That's true. But you know, that's why I love swaps. The plants that people offer are usually tried and true. You don't get that disappointment of paying big bucks for a gorgeous plant at a nursery, only to have it give up the ghost at your house.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice!

are they open to the public?

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Oh my yes Jen, they are open 7 days a week from about 10 to 5. Not sure about the hours they vary on weekends and I think it is later in the day during the week. I usually go in the a.m. to chat while they water because that is when it is best for our visits. LOL. They are on Facebook also. It is www.byrnefarmmarket.com the website and byrnefarmmarket@aol.com the email and 609-758-2068 is the phone. I would love if you could see the place. With this heat and humidity it is like a tropical paradise. Ed Byrne is the father and there are 13 kids. Tremendous family and so much fun.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Boy that GH really looks nice it must be huge. Beautiful plants.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

That is just one of about 10 or 12. I do not know how many they have on the farm. They had so many when they first started they rented some out. Now they use them all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.