stong fragrance

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

these girls (lemon drop and singapore) are all dolled up and packing heavy perfume i can't tell one from the other

Thumbnail by sonorarat
Phoenix, AZ

they look awesome

Tucson, AZ

Oh, my! They look great together! Can we get a wider shot? I wish we could keep our plumeria outside in Tucson during the winter? However, then I might be overrun with plumeria.

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

They do compliment each other and in time will intertwine,hard to get a good image mid day it is so bright

Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I wish I could figure out how to keep plumeria alive. Those are beautiful!

Tucson, AZ

Marie, they are easy to grow in pots. Use Kellogg Palm and Cactus mix. Water and fertilize. Bring the pot inside during winter.

Tucson, AZ

They are very happy plumies together.

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

a few blooming

Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat
Tucson, AZ

Nice! What are these varieties? Do you still have some growing in more shade?

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

from left to right,siam aurora,J.L.Don Ho,and siam glory.Yes i still use polycarbonate and shade cloth,unfortunatley some cultivars will never except full sun here,all are in sun or filtered sun or both,i do have some that would bloom in true shade one that comes to mind is spidery yellow.

Tucson, AZ

Thanks for the names and info on sunlight conditions, Mike. I need to relocate mine so that they are in the shade earlier in the day.

Do you grow seedlings for root stock?

Sebring, FL

I will be moving from Florida to El Paso "Canutillo"TX.Will I be able to grow this beautiful Plumerias ?

Tucson, AZ

Hi, Gisele. Yes, you can grow plumeria in El Paso. I know someone that grows them there. Are you on Face book?

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

Yes D i use those nursery trays used to haul multiple pots ,i put a burlap bag on the tray put a couple shovels full of concrete sand, hand level spread my seeds flat, sprinkle some more sand on top water in and wait,i am only interested in strong seedlings,i don't even take the time to check for embryos

Tucson, AZ

Okay. I was looking for 8-12 inch seedlings for grafting experiment.

Sebring, FL

To Tucsonplumeriaz.
Thank you for telling me that I can grow plumeria in El Passo I am very happy, I love this plant. Yes I am on face book under Gisele Edmonston.I would be happy to hear from you. I certainly will buy plumerias for my garden.I would appreciate if you could tell me where I can look for information on the plants and flowers that are growing in El Passo area. I will be living in Canutillo.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.