9th Annual ORVG Spring Roundup Photos and Discussion

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Joyce, That would be great. Drop in anytime.

Peggy, Thanks! I don't feel young at my son's school gathering's. It's amazing what hair dye can do! LOL!

Aaaawww shucks i m blushing taylordaylily. What fun for him and what a great garden idea for a theme.
I would love to see a pic of his garden

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue, I will try to get a picture tonight of his garden. He does not have any blooms at this time. But he does have weeds! LOL! Little boys are not into pulling weeds it seems. They only like the playing in the dirt. Will post pic tonight!

tell him the weeds are evil aliens trying to take over his galaxy :) or does he not fall for that stuff anymore :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

That's funny! I think they are evil aliens taking over my world. He's 7 going on 20 he probably would not fall for that. LOL! He stopped watching cartoons at 5 because they are for babies. He never would watch Disney movies. He likes documentary type shows, space movies and Animal Planet. Oh, and how could I forget he likes that stupid Finding Bigfoot. He even put a season pass on the dvr so now we have all of them. Can you tell I like the show. LOL!

Sorry, I never got the picture. Will try to remember in the morning. Last Day of school in the morning so we had a lot of excitement tonight.

i guess there are worse things he could be watching :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Very true!
I managed to get a picture of his garden. Pardon the weeds, have not made it to his garden yet. He painted space rocks. They just did not stay in the garden. LOL!
I think I have this picture downloading thing down now. I'm not the best with computers.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Looks good, Karen.

yes love it

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank You! We are heading out to get the weeds out of it now.
My weed eater went to it's grave. Just got me a new one. Going to have fun today!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Robyn and I had a Wonderful time w/ Joyce and her buds yesterday at the Garden Tour!
Here's just a taste of the tour....don't want to give anything away.
One of the new ones adds a whole new dimension to Gardening Fun!

Next tour is this Sunday!
Karen and Bill are you still in?

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, We are looking forward to it. I'll e-mail your for details.
I was wondering how the tour went, Glad it was a wonderful time.

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

Henry10, can you give me some info on this tour or tell me where to find it please? My daughter lives in Northern Ky now, she may be interested in checking it out!
TIA

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here you go!
http://www.gchostas.info/assets/eastside_garden_tour_2013.pdf

It's roughly in the area from near the Anderson Town Center (the old Beechmont Mall) to Amelia just off Beechmont (St Rt 125). If she knows where Mercy Hospital Anderson is four of the homes are right by it.

We have been to all the Gardens but one and they are Wonderful!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll second that!!! ^_^

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Henryr10 and Joycet! I will pass this along, heck, sounds so good WE may want to drive up to see it!
Do you all know anything about Taylors Mill? I saw in "Kentucky Gardening" that they had a workshop there yesterday but I've never heard of it, nor has my daughter.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hello Everybody!
I spent the last 2 days moving and planting. Was digging up a clump of sedum to split . When I went to jump on the shovel my foot slipped, and down I went the back of my leg came down on the kicking edge of the shovel. My neighbor had a family get together so, I had many to see me look like a fool. Had to even laugh at myself. At least I taught that sedum a lesson or did it teach me one. LOL!
I have learned my lesson on ordering so many DL's or so I say now. LOL! Think I have said that for the past 3 years.
Bought 2 boxwood's to put at end of drive way. Every time I put out drive way markers thugs steal them. Thinking about putting some prickly pear out there with the boxwood's.
Going to MIL's house today to clean out her weed/flower beds. She has mobility problems so I take care of her flower beds. Have not been able to make it there as much as I need to. I only plant things that can take neglect at her house. Her neighbor hood has some shady people in it. I keep my mace in pocket at all times there, and I also have my trusty garden knife.

Looking forward to the garden tour tomorrow! Hope to see you guys there.
Everybody have a Blessed Day!
Karen

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Karen while digging up the huge patch of daylilies, I took 2 tumbles in one day. No one here to see it, but DH witnessed the second one and came to help me up. I didn't need it, but it was kind of him to do it. I am sure that if anybody is interested in watching lots of boring stuff they would eventually see some hilarious stuff also with us gardeners.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

GARDEN TOUR IS SUNDAY!!!!

Taylor Mill is in Northern KY.
Cherokee Garden Center is on Taylor Mill Road in Independence...... maybe it was there?

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Normally there wouldn't be anybody around to see me fall either. Their house sits back 3 or 4 hundred feet back from mine. They own the land next to me and behind me. They have a fishing pond that sits behind my property. Great for watching birds and bats. They have cows behind the pond. They have come to visit before. Had a cow almost on my deck. My dogs didn't know what to think about them.

Glad you said something Ric. What are the hours on Sunday?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

The tour is 10-4. ^_^ See you there!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds Great! Going to be fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.