need help for a 12 x 60 garden

Seattle, WA

I am in NM at 6,500 feet, zone 5. I have a garden 12 x 60 on a 10 degree slope. Trying to get this slope irrigated has been a frustrating process. I have a 7 zone drip irrigation system that works acceptably, except for this garden.

The garden is fed from two tanks: a 2,000 gallon tank from gravity and a 1,000 gallon tank with a pump. Two 1/2" lines run parallel down the slope on each side of the garden. They are from each tank. They are connected by 1/2" hose that runs between them in my rows. Even though the slope downhill is obvious I am finding it so frustrating that the very bottom of the rows is receiving no water. With 1/2" hose and gravity at work you would think that the bottom rows would have plenty of water.

I would really appreciate some experienced help with this matter. With corn planted in the bottom rows getting those seeds water is a must!

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Gene so

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!