Popping in to say hello

High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi all, I've been mostly lurking but finally got around to downloading a few photos to share.
1) My Indian Pink has done very well this year
2) Volunteer sunflowers under one of the bird feeders
3) Bouquet made from some of the flowers growing in the beds
4) Obligatory cat picture
5) Yet another cat picture

Thumbnail by Amaryllisgal Thumbnail by Amaryllisgal Thumbnail by Amaryllisgal Thumbnail by Amaryllisgal Thumbnail by Amaryllisgal

Sandy, do you (or anybody else) know what this is? It came from a seedling you brought to my Roundup 2 years ago and of course the tag is long gone. It's done well, but never bloomed and stays around 12" high and 12" across.

Thumbnail by Amaryllisgal
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Norma,
Your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for posting them.

Bonnie

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you for sharing those extra nice pictures Amaryllisgal.

You space is beautiful and the the Indian Pink is something I'll be researching...

I love pictures of Cats in the garden. Super!

David

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Norma I had to look up the Indian Pink, that is a nice wildflower. And I sure wish I'd get sunflowers like that under my birdfeeder. Nice shots with the kitty cats, they did a good job of posing.
-Sherri

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sherri, that seems to be the only way I can get sunflowers to do well - by totally leaving them alone!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I do not think that was one of my seedlings, do not remember any that looked like that

Sandy

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Norma, The leaves on that plant looks like a Golden Dew Drop. Sometime they can take some time before they bloom. Are there any small thorns on the plant?

How's your "meadow" doing? I'll bet it's striking by now. Okay, I see the wild phlox blooming out behind your first obligatory cat picture. It is striking. I can't seem to get my coreopsis to mingle with my phlox like you see on the road from Archer to Newberry. That view just takes my breath away.

Molly

Sandy, it was very small when I got it, but there's no telling where it came from! Molly, the phlox is doing pretty good, but not much else has taken yet. And yeah, the flower combination on the roadsides is gorgeous! I think this year the show was better than ever.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.