Early summer blooms

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

We know that pretty soon the blooms will stop and the plants will put everything on hold through the summer.
Let's celebrate that we still have lots of pretty blooms and the plants are still growing and doing OK.
In order: poppy, hibiscus, iris, orchid and dahlia.

Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Geranium, cactus flower, maybe rat's tail, petunias and portulaca, a little hollyhock.

Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ

Nice pics. Whats the blue flower stalk next to hollyhock ?

Phoenix, AZ

♡♥♡ the red cactus flower!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

The blue flowers are larkspur. They come in a variety of colors. It just happen to have the blue ones in that picture.
Fishie I love that flower too. It is the first time it bloomed.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Very nice!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Clematis

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Monte Vista, CO(Zone 4a)

Your pictures, all, makes me want to move south, lol. Beautiful!!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oops hit send too quick! More clems,rain lilies and one I can't remember the name of..

This message was edited May 24, 2013 8:55 AM

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Crinum,amaryllis and chocolate flower.

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yep bored this morning. Alstromeria & calla lilly

Gilbert, AZ

Gorgeous flowers!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am so jealous. I have some veggies and a few flowers in my hoop house, but didn't plant any otherwise as I knew I was going to have to make a big mess of my yard. Right now I have a ditch about 5 1/2 ft deep all the way crossed the back yard from the septic tank to the seepage pit. Finally got the new pipe in so hopefully we can start filling it in this weekend. Also tore down a block wall that divided my yard so now have one nice huge backyard. Hopefully in the next week or so we can get the rest of the block foundation from the wall dug out and get the whole yard level again. Also have a very large eucalyptus tree that I want cut down and removed. After all this is done I'm hoping to enlarge the back patio and put some kind of cover over it to give me some shade. Once all is cleaned up I can start planning where I want some new plants. In the mean time I'll just be happy with what I can grow in the hoop house and inside.

thanks for sharing the pics of all your pretty blooms, gives me inspiration on what I might like in my yard when I get ready to plant.
Pam

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Marie, it looks to me that the blue flower is chickory. I use to grow them back home and it makes for a very tasty coffee replacement.
None of my crinums bloomed last or this year. I wonder why ? Maybe too much shade ?
One of my Hydrangeas in bloom.

Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hollyhock, Fiesta strain.

Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ

hollyhock, orange-yellow canna

Thumbnail by az_garden Thumbnail by az_garden Thumbnail by az_garden
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Nice! I agree - seeing everyone's blooms gives me inspiration

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

A couple of Fiesta strain hollyhocks. Red dahlia in bloom with lots of other pots, lavender dahlia ready to bloom soon.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Gladiolus 'Blue Lagoon'.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous flowers, Everyone!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Found this blooming today.

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

More glads, 'Black Walnut' (much deeper purple in real life), 'Sun Kissed', 'Fiorentina' & 'Peter Pear'.

Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Amaryllis

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Teucrium, angelita daisy, and a little wild yellow thingy.

Thumbnail by judyb
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Bird sown sunflower

Thumbnail by judyb
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Cordia boissierri

Thumbnail by judyb
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Verbena on the waterfall

Thumbnail by judyb
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Vitex

Thumbnail by judyb
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Desert honeysuckle

Thumbnail by judyb
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Privet

Thumbnail by judyb
Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

some under plantings

Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow from me too. How do you manage to keep them alive ? I killed all of mine. :O(

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

I really struggled with them being potted and not sure where to plant them,like there cousins (plumeria) they really enjoy full sun and well drained soil,concrete sand (crushed rock) and manure,i would definitely consider them low maintenance

Phoenix, AZ

sonorarat, whats the name of that plant in your posted pic with red/pink flowers?

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

Desert Rose or Adenium or fat bellies the latter is the common name used here.

Tucson, AZ

Loving all of the blooms! Ya'll have so much variation and interesting plants. Tequila Sunrise is my contribution to early summer blooms. Yes, it is a plumeria. : ) haha! I do not have much else.

Thumbnail by tucsonplumeriaz
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Still waiting patiently for my plumies to bloom, in the meantime, here's another NOID glad.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Just gorgeous !

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Even with temps reaching 112 I still have lots blooming
amaryllis,crinum ans hibiscus

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.