Been gone for a month and just saying hi

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Hello fellow Pacific Northwesterners! Husband and I had to go to Louisiana for a month. Got back and the blackberries are already three feet high, sheesh! So, it's search and destroy again. But after that will have fun planning my new garden. I plan to start a journal about it. How are you all doing? Lovely to see all the rhodies in bloom and we are SO glad to be home!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Lynnala, I use the 'blog' feature of DG for a garden journal of sorts. I have different categories, one is just a running journal of what I've done in the garden, another is to note different wildlife I see out and about, yet another is a 'to do' reminder journal (I delete the entry once I've done the task). I try to attach a photo relative to the post and use it often as a back reference. Just a thought.

South Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the tip Bone. May I call you Bone? :-) I haven't even checked out the journal or blog features yet. But I do want to keep track of turning my blackberry field into my little slice of heaven.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Of course you may call me Bone. I don't use the journal feature at all, but do like the blog. I actually think both features are mis-named - the journal is really a database and the blog is really a journal. But I don't care what they are called. Give them both a try and see if they do the trick for you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.