Plumeria seed pods

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

The seed pods I got at the swap suddenly popped open. I had just left them in my garage.

Thumbnail by 2ndChance
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Mine too. What do we do now ? Please help.

Gilbert, AZ

Cool!

Mesa, AZ

I have sprouted plumie seeds by placing inside a damp (not wet) paper towel (folded) inside a ziploc baggie. Placed in a warm area (top of fridge) and they started sprouting roots in about 4 days. Have 3 nice plants that were started from those seeds.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I will try that.

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

Rodica,didn't you get some of those seed trays?I have had high germination rates using them in the past.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I thought I did and now I have to look for them. In case I find them, what soil should I use ?

Tucson, AZ

Good idea, Susie!

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

Rodica,any well draining soil, i would stay away from fert. additives.The most challenging for me was keeping the soil moist

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I found the tray and I decided to try both methods. I've already placed some seeds in a damp paper towel sealed in a plastic bag.
Later today, I will put some seed strating soil in the tray and place the other seeds. I can see that it will be a challange to keep it moist.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

keep the lid on your seed tray until they start touching it, then start slowly sliding off the lid a little each day to let them adjust to less humidity. Water with a spray bottle.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Susie, your method already produced several seedlings that I potted and placed them in a sealed baggie for moisture retension.
Since I have so many seeds , I will use the tray but so far I did not have much time to go through this time consuming method.

Mesa, AZ

Great Rodica! That works for many types of seeds. One just has to make sure to check often, they come up faster than you think and need to be potted asap once they send out roots.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I got several more this morning so I will put them in a pot when I get home.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Valley of the Sun seed sprouting recommendation: http://www.azplumeria.org/sprout.htm

Mesa, AZ

A very similar, but more labor intensive method. As Rodica has found out, they can be sprouted easily with just the ziploc baggie and a paper towel.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Not a very good picture, but this is my first plumeria seedling.

Thumbnail by RODICAP
Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have 8 sprouts

Thumbnail by 2ndChance Thumbnail by 2ndChance Thumbnail by 2ndChance Thumbnail by 2ndChance

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.