Home sweet home. id?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

fern leaf dill infestation, chuckle, not that it wasn't being grown for them anyway...yes, I know there are eggs all around these guys too, but glow? only when flash hits, but I don't know what these are. I dont see any chrysalis nor pupa around- eggs and cats only

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

All of these are the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail? When I got here 2 days ago, the bird dropping cats were almost too small to see, now they even have their stripes, all share places in the dill tho

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm not sure what the all green ones are, but the ones with the stripes are the Eastern Black Swallowtail.

Melanie

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Figgered stripes and bird drops were ETS. Still havent found the green ones id tho think they have split tail and only 6/7 pair of hands at top half. They seem to be as dedicated to the dill as the swallowtails. Maybe I will get to see what they be if dau catches em after they grow up. They do grow fast!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I am not sure on the green ones either but agree with Melanie on the others being BST.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I am expecting a moth- a hawk moth maybe. Have to search more..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am practicing and experimenting with what plants grow well with honeyvine Milkweed ,, The only thing the Monarchs that migrate through here seem to like ..
Saw an EBS today also ..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ju? Can you grow lantana?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

IN a pot , otherwise I do not think so ,, Little tender here ..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

You so need a good ghouse! I will think on problem Ju

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

yes I do , I have thought many times about G H I have the poles with my concrete innovation , Now if I could figure , how to flatten clear plastic bottles I would have the windows ,, The maybe a $100.00 for wood to do the frames .. Yes my wallet us locked and bullet proof ! lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Flatten plastic! Saw that in here somewhere...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.