Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers present and past.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

The first picture was taken at one of those Penny Arcades on the Boardwalk in Daytona Beach in 1957. Of course its of Mom and me.

Grace passed a couple of years ago, and The second photo is of Her 1 year before that. I altered the second picture (I am a graphic artist) to put her in a gold gown and against blue sky for Her Service, but never altered her face or beautiful smile.

She Loved Jesus as much as any could,.... and was an incredible Lady.
We all know Mothers Day is a one day a year thing, and this thread will be old soon,...and regardless of Faith.......

.....share pictures of your Mothers, or of your Mothers Days pictures tommorrow currently if you like in the next few days!

Just a thought.

Amazing Grace,....How sweet the sound!

All the best for tommorrow your way,

David

This message was edited May 11, 2013 7:14 PM

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Amen, David! I am the mother of 3 bio-children and one stepson. I am gramma to 5 grandbabies - 3 boys and 2 girls - each are a blessing!

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

David - looking at the size you were in 1957, I'd say we are close to the same age!!!

I lost my Mom very suddenly 3 ago. She was a very young 92 and had never been sick till the last couple weeks. I still find myself thinking "I should call & tell Mom this or that".

The pic is her & her cat Pumpkin. Pumpkin now lives here.

Thumbnail by Qwilter
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

What a beautiful Mom you had!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

It was great hearing from you Kay, and you sound blessed with all those children and grandchildren!

I have no doubts you will have a wonderful day and, "Happy Mothers day!"

Thank you...
It's clear that your Mother was a spunky, strong, and a Lady ready to laugh, Jean. Thank you for sharing!

What a great picture to have! It looks like judging from her top that it was around Christmas. That made me think of Christmas and Mom.........

Mom and Dad were at my house in 2010 on Christmas Day. She took the ribbon off her gift with the hand you see to the right, and put it on the head of her beloved little Pom Pippy, and we all laughed and laughed!

I'm so glad I snapped the picture. Just seeing her hand there next to Pippy is special to me. Thats why pictures are great!

Pippy and Dad are still with us!

David

This message was edited May 12, 2013 3:08 PM

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

A very nice tribute to your mother David, she is beautiful and sounds like a truly wonderful woman, and I like how you did the picture of her.

Oh, Kay you are so blessed! ☺

Qwilter, I love the photo of your mom and her cat, shows she was a fun loving gal, and one I'm sure you'll cherish forever. I'm glad you have Pumpkin now.

Mother's day was always a big celebrated day for us, starting with church in the morning and then a big afternoon BBQ, we were fortunate to have both our mothers and my husband's grandmother living close to us. I really miss those days. This year, I made a planter in honor of my mother-in-law full of yellow flowers which she just loved. Now there is something in our garden to honor her memory, she really loved being in the garden and my husband loves the planter.

I found this picture from 1982 taken on Mother's day. L to R, my Mother in law, My husband's grandmother, a dear friend of the family, My mother, and my grandmother.
My mother is the only one still with us, I cherish each and every day with her as she isn't doing to well after a falling incident last October. I love this picture of my mom and I on my birthday last year, she is always smiling.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

sunkissed - you have a lovely smile just like your Mom!!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you for sharing your stories Sherri. Pictures are great and keep our minds in remembrance of our pasts and those we miss. I think sometimes if folk look through the old photos on occasion it might help stave off memory loss as we age...

The picture of you and your Mother sitting at perfect opposite angles in the twin chairs is a super keeper...

How cool was that! You can tell you are Momma's girl for sure. The same features and everything!

All the best,

David

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.