SPRING #2 - 2013

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh geez, guess they won't be blooming at your place either, huh?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

your welcome Jen.. hope you like em

love pinky iris too!!

here are my shots from today
https://picasaweb.google.com/111926172330822213072/20130530?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOfO8t7Jr6DrWg&feat=directlink

Thomaston, CT

Lovely, Allison! The iris are so colorful......

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

think most are from Celeste :::blush:::

South Hamilton, MA

Saw the first turkey today. DH made her understand she wasn't wanted here. Hope she got the idea from another time. don't need them scratching up our beds for dust baths. soil should be too wet for it after rain last night.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Iris season,Lilies next
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a59344d6a55304d54553d0d0a&blogview=true

Thomaston, CT

Couldn't open that, Jo! Would love to see the iris......Lucy, I have an awful problem with turkeys, too....they eat all my tender plants.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the city of gold & the baptisia are perfect!!!.. looking great JoAnn

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

some more from today.. think the jack in the pulpit was from Karen... thank you Karen .. if I am right

Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1
Thomaston, CT

Pretty clem.....

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

JoAnn Love seeing the bear all surrounded by pretties! Nice show

Allison, wonderful collection of Iris and a stunning clematis. Love the old fashion droopy iris (second one), but I am really having Clematis envy.

I took shots yesterday, and here is one long view plus a couple of others. Wha should note that the big sprinkler in the background in the veggie garden is the one he gave us. It is our biggest helper. Thanks again. Out to move some plants and to dig up some to share with a good friend who has move space to fill and empty pockets. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Beauties here from Jo, Allison and Patti. I especially love Patti's and Jo's long shots because it shows what I have yet to do--define the plants' spaces where they grow, and not let them run amok.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks.. love your blue & yellow Iris!!.. I went clem crazy last year.. always nice to be worth the wait

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ha Allison, that's what I was going to say!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

and you know I love that Blue and Yellow
Whew, it's hot out there, just touring the yard and watering the containers
Allium
Malva Zebrina
Centaurea

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Awesome photo of the dog next to the JM, Patti! Also, what geum is that? Love that allium, Jen.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

neat allium Jen!!.. hey speaking of geum... Jen I don't think I saw yours from last year
:(

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robindog, Here are the ones that have bloomed so far. I hope the others bloom this year too especially Mrs. Bradshaw which is a red one.
1 Geum Mai Tai Jmaple bed east
2 and 3 Geum Alabama Slammer Jmaple bed west
4 Geum Mango Lassi dell south bed

RosemaryK, glad you like the long shots. Here is another from today of my favorite spot down by the endless stream which is where that Geum Mango Lassi is planted. Big day as I finally finished putting the cages around the tomatoes, so the veggie bed is all put in, now just have to weed, water and eat. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

really nice patti and glad the sprinkler is working out!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like Alabama slammers!!!

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

Love everyone 's pictures. Patti, what is the iris in the 4th picture, the peach colored one?

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Granitegneiss, that little gem of an iris is Standard Dwarf Bearded Iris 'Tiny Dancer'. Patti

Thomaston, CT

Just love Mai Tai....also really like the white primrose. I bought some North Hill strain from WFF last year...they haven't bloomed yet.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Allison I'm pretty sure the foliage stays around all winter, when did you notice it missing?

Rose Campion

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

that allium is Allium ostrowskianum

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Jen.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

just last week.. but the seeds were all over it last fall.. maybe I will get lucky

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

First Daylily of the year Stella D'oro

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Wow....mine don't even have buds yet.

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

Some new conifers this year:
Abies balsamea Piccolo
Platycladus orientalis Franky Boy

And two that were new last year, doing well now:
Picea orientalis Tom Thumb
Picea abies Pusch

I'm still waiting for the first iris to bloom, and the conifers give me comfort up here in the north
;-)
Wynne

Thumbnail by granitegneiss Thumbnail by granitegneiss Thumbnail by granitegneiss Thumbnail by granitegneiss
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

wynn - nice conifers, I just got pusch on Friday - I've tried 2 tommy thumb and both died quickly - where is yours planted?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lovely Wynne, I really like that Abies balsamea Piccolo, perfect little mound!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Patti those geums are beautiful....I think I need some newer ones. ^_^

'Millennium Falcon'
'Eternal Fire'
NOID as I can not find the tag or a description to match!
This is either 'PLATINUM' or 'IMMORTALITY' I can't tell them apart!!
IrisMA do you know how I can tell them apart??

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Pixie beautiful iris.
I'll start a new thread.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

New thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1316382/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.