Stalky Lantana

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

I planted a Lantana bush last year and all I have now is stalks and no new growth. Is it dead or does it come up from the roots. I see no sign of it as of yet and everything else seems to be getting green except for the lantana. Need some advice on this please.

Sami

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Mine usually comes back from the roots, but my in laws live in Clemmons, NC and lantana is an annual for them.

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

That was my thinking too. I don't see any hint of it coming back from the roots. My daughter bought it for me and I guess she didnt know if it was an annual. I will give it a little more time and just replant another one if it does not come back.

Thanks happytail for your info.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Lantana is a annual for me and I live in Zone 6b. We just have to buy it every year in the spring. I have tried to over winter in my house with no luck. Have a blessed day.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Some lantanas with their new colors dont overwinter well even in Texas where the native ones grow. Check the dirt around the plant and make sure the voles havent tunnelled under. It likes heat, poor ground, and a spot that isnt too low or shady...but it should have limber sticks not brittle ones. more edits to do. a yellow lantana in with Mexican heather

Thumbnail by kittriana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.