TEA ROOM # 121

Merino, Australia

Teresa, thats a picture of innocence there.
She wouldnt do a thing wrong . Like children, arent they so lovely when asleep ?

Jean.

Christchurch, New Zealand

lol - Sugar has more moments of sweetness these days, at first the wickedness was far more prevalent.
I am looking forward to her being off heat & able to get out to training.

http://www.ccc.govt.nz/cityleisure/recreationsport/sportsrecreationguide/dogs.aspx

and I bet miss weasel is really looking forward to running around the dog park!

Merino, Australia

Good morning. I cant say everyone, because there is no one here.
I hope all is well with you in your various areas.

Charleen, how is Charley ? I havent seen him for a few days
You must b egetting into your summer now so lots of flowers around.

Moon same at your place, lots of summer flowers and I hope, no tornados.

Al, your garden will be looking for summer sunshine too after the cold.

Teresa, it wont be long before you have Miss Sugar back in training.
I see you are also getting plenty of rain over there.

Anthony, I found a little lilium poking its tiny green head up. A bit early for him. I nearly stood on him when planting my grasses.

Dianne, I hope all that rain has not affected you too much.
We have had hardly any , just a bit of misty rain , more like fog.
Its very dry when I dig. Only wet to about 3"down.

The weds are doing very well.

Better leave some yummies out in case Charley mule wants a snack...lol

>>Chocolate Marble Cake

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Hi Jean

Yes, summer is here....32C or hotter every day this week....and it is only just June. i think we may have a miserably hot summer this year. No tornadoes in my area, but today is the start of our Hurricane (cyclone) season and the weather folks say it will be a busy one.

Here are a few of the daylilies in bloom now.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Clifton Springs, Australia

What beautiful daylilies, Jean....very pretty......hope nothing like the tornadoes in Oklahoma occurs near any of you..

I had only one pumpkin this year and yesterday I decided to make pumpkin soup, but when Ray turned it on it's side and cut it, I saw this lovely pattern on the base of the pumpkin...it's got a cut thru it but it's beautiful....

This morning was hay bag packing time for me, I pack 8 in advance in case Ray feeds him....so I thought that I would take a pic of Mick in his new coat, it's dirty, he's been rolling...but it's such a good one...It rarely moves and it's very light and warm...he hasn't spent the night in his shed since he started to wear it.

How do you like your new laptop, Teresa?

It's raining here too...and yesterday I made an actual Marble cake..Jean....
Dianne.

Thumbnail by Seachanger Thumbnail by Seachanger

what lovely day lilies!

it was strangely warm here but the rain is on it's way for tomorrow.
I worked today & will work tomorrow as well, two extra days will help the bank balance.

barmera, Australia

Good evening everyone. A lot has been going on here and I'm so far behind on all the posts that I'll never catch up. Anyway I'm sure that you'll let me sneak back in here and if there has been anything really important then you all might let me know about it. All's well here except for another bug that has taken hold of me. Don't feel sick just barking. The boy's are both well. They have just been Baptised and will make their First Holy Communion soon. Cameren felt strongly about being part of the Family, [school family]. I have just found a thingy online called Geocaching. Thought that it might be good for the boys and me to do around here but probably will have to buy a GPS. We could pack a lunch and take off for the day and see what we can find. They loved fossicking at Overland Corner and there's some caches down there so we could kill two birds with one stone and have an enjoyable time too. I still have all my plants, big small and otherwise. Pups galore on the bromeliads that will have to come off one day. A few I will be able to leave and let multiply as they're in 8" squat pots. The brugs have grown so much and I will really have to be mean this coming Winter. I can't possibly plant all the cuttings. lol Bulbs coming up everywhere but nothing flowering yet. My Ox Tongue flowered a couple of months ago and now has the biggest leaves. The Winter Hippy hasn't any buds as yet Jean. It was flowering this time last year because I saw the date on it's pic just before. Well I will leave you for tonight. I do hope everyone is well. See you tomorrow. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Colleen, I made my 1st Communion at 'St Francis Xavier' Church , in 72.. very scary..The 'Haemanthis 'is a brilliant plant. I scored a white last year!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Mick is very handsome in his Jacket. Horses, mules, donkeys do not feel happy until they have a good roll in the dirt.
The kids got a new location and three new bales of hay... Last month, we let them eat grass but we were getting rain them. It has slacked off. Calling for rain this evening. I hope so. Yes, it is getting toward summer and starting to feel like summer...
Will get new pictures of new location of hay trailer. Hubby moves it to location to help with erosion.
spreads the grass/weed seeds around too.
View out my front door...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Thanks, I love daylilies as they tend to care for themselves and never fail to add great color to the garden.

Dianne, that is such a striking pattern...it would make a lovely quilt design.

Extra money in the bank never hurts Teresa....how is Miss Sugar handling her 'confinement' ?

Colleen, congratulations to the boys....very handsome young fellows....boy they do grow up quickly. A woman on one of the forums here on DG does geocaching...she and her hubby drive all over chasing caches...she says it is great fun...some of the caches have little gifts for the first one to find them and she tries to leave a little trinket behind too. I think the boys will find it quite an adventure.

Hi Anthony. Do you have a picture of the Haemanthis bloom?

Hope you all have a lovely day. Good thoughts to the poor folks in Oklahoma....a second series of tornadoes hit the same area....just heartbreaking and now flooding on top of the horror and devastation....Gives me the willies when the wind starts to howl....

Moon/Jean

Colleen, your boys have grown so much.....and they look so happy...you are doing a great job with them.....
My grandaughter made her's about 5 yrs ago, very different from when I made mine...
That geocaching sounds like fun....
Glad to have you back.....I think that I can see RFP in the background, mine is lovely at the moment..

Thanks Charleen, the coat was on special..I don't think the bright colours are very popular, but he's had royal blue and burgundy and with this on I can see him amongst the trees....I should have bought two. :-)
Your garden looks like a pretty little wilderness....

Yes it would make a good quilt pattern, moon......I don't know why I was so taken with it but I was....
Dianne.

It reminds me of a giant daisy...grin

Everything looks so lush Charleen...are the lady masks some of your work?

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Here's one to believe - four black bears, a mother and three baby cubs, were captured about a half a block from our place! This is a rare event for us city folks, but the bears were searching the open garbage dumpsters for food. The mother was tranquilized by ENCON authorities and the whole family relocated to the safer woodlands far away from the city. They can become a real nuisance if not redirected and dumpster diving becomes a bad habit. They can become a problem for gardeners as well.

http://www.eveningtribune.com/photos/x863232423/PHOTO-GALLERY-Black-bear-caught-in-Hornell

Have a great week!

Al

Merino, Australia

Good morning. I can safely say everyone as the Tea Room looks full.

Colleen, nice to see you popping back. Take things easy and enjoy those boys.

Moon, my day lilies are just waking up after the hot weather of summer. Lots of green showing now. Nearly all die down here.
They flower well in spring and early summer though.

I see my hellebores all coming up now too. I love them and really should spread a few around the garden.

Al, bears..!!!!!. Glad they are not around here, but how wonderful to be able to see them . Its a shame when animals are caught up in civilisation as we move even further into their areas.
I get koalas and wallabies and thats as big as I would like to see in the garden.

Anthony, I had the white haemanthus from a market , but found it not as hardy as the red.
I found them fairly uninteresting.
I still have lots of the red. They do very well on neglect.

Dianne, you must be like me in finding patterns in things around you.
I still look at clouds and find pictures.
I like tree bark too. Some wonderful patterns there.

Charleen, the kids will love moving to a new area. More mischief to get into...lol
I like your masks too.
Looks like a nice place to sit with a cuppa .
Charley will enjoy getting at his hay again after having to eat grass.. Poor boy...
Fires are very bad over there as I watch on the news. Hope all are safe.

Better move as hubby has to go over to Coleraine in a little while for a blood test before he sees the doctor tomorrow for his checkup.

Enjoy your day and keep warm and safe.

white haemanthus ....zygos .. Orange Bell and Winifrid Doran.

Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

tornadoes, flooding & bears oh my!!
I hope things settle down soon in the States

barmera, Australia

Hi everyone. Lots of housework and washing to do this morning. Then a trip to the shops and already the people are rolling into Barmera for the Country music week. I do hope the weather stays fine this year for them. Cold is okay because everywhere the people go they have roaring camp fires but raining is definitely a no no. I'm quite partial to Country music. I'll never forget the first time that I heard Don Williams sing You're my best friend. I still get goose bumps when I hear that voice. Google him and listen. I Believe in Love is another great song of his. Talking about bears. Did you see the clip of the people putting a tree branch into a rubbish bin and out came 3 little bears?. Off they ambled to their Mum who was quite agitated looking on. Have you also seen the clip of the baby moose playing under a sprinkler in someones' back yard? Lovely part of the world that you live in Charleen. Has anyone heard from Louise? I did love the pics of her home and forest and the deer. Well must go, nearly time for boy's bed-time. Another day nearly over. See you tomorrow. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
barmera, Australia

Good evening everyone. Just popped in to have a chat but everyone must be frozen. Hope you're all okay. Gee it's been cold here today. I got some pics of the Shadehouse today. Oh what a mess. A lot of repotting and cleaning up to do in there. I'll get there. Well I'd better get these boys through the shower and rugged up into their PJ's ready for bed. See you all back here tomorrow I hope. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Howler, No I dont, as It didnt flower.. I must tend to its pot size soon!..but the flower looks like white artbrush bristles!Im putting away my beautiful winter firewood[with 'lichen' attatched] It smells beautiful,..We need rain!

A quick hello...trying to get garden stuff done early as the afternoons are hot and humid. 15 minutes outside and you are drenched in sweat. Whew!

Nice to see you back Colleen. How is your back?

I agree Anthony, firewood has a lovely fragrance....I do hope you get some rain soon. The picture Jean posted of the Haemanthus shows an odd but striking bloom.

Take care and stay warm folks.

Daylilies and gladiolas

Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl

yes, I probably made what ever it is. got a new mold I want to use...Just haven't got around to it. I made Robert some Cabbage-Pepper Relish today. Got 12 pints. I hear them sealing now. Plink!!!
Love that sound.
Long ear tribe got their three bales this month. the rains slacked up last month. Been getting a little rain yesterday, so glad to have it. Will help grass grow in pasture..
Still have a lot of cabbage to do something with too....
Beautiful blooms.
You have a great whatever time of day over there,
Hugs and mule nuzzles...

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.. Its cold and wet here so nothing is getting done outside. Even down in the roofed shadehouse its too cold and damp to stay out there.

Colleen, all your plants are looking great. I see no sign of any flowers on the winter hippie here, as yet. It has flowered each year so far.
Your brugs are looking very full of flowers.

Moon, very pretty daylilies. Hubby had heaps of gladioli here before I met him. He gave them away but the odd one used to pop up. None lately though. I do have a few of the dwarf ones which I like better as I dont have to stake them. (pic below of the pretty bright pink/purple species gladiloli )

Anthony, you keep that fire going down there. I love the smell of the pine and apple tree wood is quite nice too.

Charleen, I sent Charley home with a bag of cookies to share with the other longears. I am sure TBo and the feathered ones will help themselves.
Your relish sounds delicious.

I have the slow cooker on at the moment. Its been going all night with a lovely ham & vegetable soup.
Just a dash of Cajun seasoning too.
I love to use all different herbs and spices when cooking.
Hubby never knows just what he will get for lunch.

Teresa, hope you are keeping warm .

Dianne. make sure little Tilly has her coat on. It must be freezing there too.

I will leave a cake out for everyone to share. Its my birthday today...

Keep warm and safe.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

Happy Birthday Jean....
You can't bake your own cake...so I whipped this one up for you....
I hope that you have a wonderful day....
Many Happy Returns...
Dianne.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

A little Birthday whispered in my ear ...

•*¨*•♫♪ღ░H░A░P░P░Y░ღ░B░I░R░T░H​░D░A░Y░ ღ♪♫•*¨*•
Happy Birthday To You♪♫•*¨*•.♥.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday To You♪♫•*¨
*•.♥.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday,♪♫•*¨*•.♥.•*¨•*¨*•♫♪ღ​ღ♪♫•*¨*•
Happy Birthday To You♪♫•*¨*•.♥.•*¨*•♫♪and many more♪♫•*¨*•
.♥.•¨*•♫♪Have a great day :O)♪♫•*¨*•.♥.•*¨...

Have a wonderful Day !

chrissy

Thumbnail by
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

A most Happy Birthday wish, Jean! I didn't see it on the list because it isn't June 5th here just yet! You folks are nearly a whole day ahead of us. Have a great one.

Al

Happy Birthday Jean....allow me to add another cake to the celebration. I hope you have a lovely day...stay warm

Warmest Regards
Moon...

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
barmera, Australia

Happy Birthday Jean. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Merino, Australia

I feel fat piling on my waistline already .. yummy cakes

ta muchly
Jean

brrrr - sunny but cold today.
I think I have the work heat pump auto timer sorted at last, it was toasty warm this morning & so nice to come in from the frosty air outside.
Customers were commenting on how nice it was, we have to keep it warm or nobody wants to try clothes on...

Anthony - I love fire wood..
used to get the Irish logs, you know O'regon pine;)
The pellet burner is more efficient & easier to handle the fuel but I miss the log burner & the way it stayed hot all night if you loaded a few logs in before bed time.

Happy Birthday Dear Jean. Charley sends you lots of nuzzles and love....
I give you flowers

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. I am rushing around at the moment because its shopping day and I have a few things to do before we leave.
Thank you all for the birthday wishes
Love all the cakes & flowers.

Teresa I used to love the open fire but these days I'm glad I dont have one as I am way past getting wood chopped and cleaning it out. Not to mention the cost of the wood these days.

Charleen, give Charley an extra cookie for his breakfast. Love your flower garden.

Better be moving or hubby will start asking me if I'm ready yet....lol

Heres something nice for morning tea..... Chocolate Torte

Take care and stay warm and safe.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

just had a tasty dinner of lemon pepper wedges with garlic mayo & blue cheese dipping sauce followed by pizza.
I bought a bottle of Brown Bros Cienna Rosso, very tasty red bubbly.

I thought it might be nice to have something special for our 8th wedding anniversary.

Jean, did the cake[with the 5 male strippers inside] arrive for your Birthday..? I had a hell of a time getting it into a post satchel...

You are such a funny man !

Happy Anniversary Therese ...Lovely !

Beautiful Pictures Lee ^_^

Jean you need to pop into a certain Gallery ^_^ at have a look a certain SJ in the window.

Hi everyone ...what delicious birthday cakes !

chrissy

Charleen, what is that green donkey/mule..it looks like topiary....

Dianne.

You'd think those strippers would be a bit more cooperative, Anthony....GRIN

Congratulations to you and Baz Teresa....best wishes for many more happy celebrations.

Hi Chrissy...nice to see you.

Have a grand day...stay warm

Moon

I got that horse Topiary one year it is supposed to be Christmas decor. Dogs have chewed up plug in so it is just a yard decoration now...
Cabbage Pepper relish came out good-12 pints.
Brug bloom. Mexican petunia, St. John's Wort and Eggplants I put into 5 gal bucket...
Getting rain here....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. A lot of rain here during the night . Lovely for the garden .

Anthony, the cake did arrive a bit squished but the strippers were okay.
Hubby wasnt very amused when I invited them to stay for a party....lol.
It was nice of you to lend your pretty pink string bikini to one of them,, He did look cute.

Teresa, sounds like you enjoyed your anniversary celebration.
How is Miss Mischief going ?

Hello Moon and Al . Are you enjoying some lovely weather and getting about in your gardens ?

Dianne, thanks for sending that bit of rain , the garden loved it.
I see lots of weeds growing beautifully.

Charleen, I saw the tail end of TBo going around the corner here this morning.
He must have followed Charley, looking for food.

Hope you are also enjoying lovely weather there.
We are off to Casterton this morning.
Hubby forgot a couple of things yesterday. I keep telling him to tie a note around his neck.

Heres something tasty .....Apple Tart.

Happy day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

That relish sounds yummy Lee, care to share the recipe ? yum.

Hi moon ^_^ and all our happy Tea Shop visitors !

That apple tart is making me hungry too, must grab a banana on my way out the door (rushing off to work today).
Popping back later.

It's Friday already !
Long weekend coming up here ...great time to catch up in the garden if the rain and wind stay away.

chrissy

Anthony, does that pink string bikini still fit?

We've had about 18mm this week....just light showers..
It's pouring right now though...

I think we might go and see The Great Gatsby tomorrow...
Linda gave us gold class tickets, so we'll have lunch as well...
That's if the painters and the plasterers decide to have a long weekend.
I hope so....the extension isn't far off lock up now...
Have a pleasant weekend everyone.
Dianne.

I wondered where it got to?....................Guess who just won 'Cam Alpha ' on ebay Dianne?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.